Hardtop Accident

Started by Anonymous, September 13, 2003, 14:18

Anonymous

I can't believe it.  Took my hardtop off yesterday and stupidly asked my clumsiest neighbour to help me.  Now I have a nice gleaming '2 with a 1 inch dent on one of it's rear panels.

Another neighbour of mine (they're a friendly lot) told me that he knew of a man who could get dents out without painting/filling or getting behind the panel - used some kind of soft hammer thing and just beat it out back to smoothness again.

Has anybody heard of this and does anyone know who may do it in the Manchester area.  Mr 2 is holding his head in shame at the moment.

RMT

Anonymous

There are quite a few companies that take dents out using suction cups. I think one is called "Mr Dent" & is a mobile national company. Have a look in your local yellow pages. It will work as long as the paint isn't cracked or the dent hasn't creased.      s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

I don't know any of these companies, but out here this is a common technique for removing dents especially from hail. I think the max size is circa 2cm, sou yours may be a bit big, but ask if it can be done. The results are usually very good.

Anonymous

Thanks all.  At least I know it can be done now...  and after seeing a couple of days later it's not as bad as I first thought!   The only issue now will be the price.......

Tags: