any1 no of any jap engine companies?

Started by leon_in_uk, February 22, 2006, 10:53

rmowbray

Hi,

Sorry to hear it came to this.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

I'll dig out the list of companies I got offered engines from and let you have them.

A couple of points:
£1350 for an engine including fitting is a good price.
The Avensis engine is a 1ZZ, the same as in the Roadster.
In some ways an engine NOT from a MR2 is a safer bet, you know it won't have encountered manifold pre-cat damage as (as far as I know) our car is the only one that has them.
The lower the milage the better.
I'd go for a post '03 engine if I could, I believe Toyota made some internal modifications on the later engines.

Richard

leon_in_uk

thanks mr mowbrow  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

so i think a trip down to london is worth it then. it is an imported 1 from an mrs.

i still tried to knock them down to £1100 or something and i think they wanna do it for £1250 fitted.

that int that bad is it?

4 days to fit tho!!!
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Anonymous

The company you are thinking of using in London isn't called Rivermead Engineering or Engines Direct is it?

They got a proper slating on Watchdog a couple of weeks ago, only reason I ask.

markiii

personally if you haven't already I'd talke to patrick at Rogue Systems

based in Coventry so a lot closer and as teh MK2 guys can testify you simply cannot fault them at engine swaps.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

leon_in_uk

engine swap?? does that mena i would get a refurbed engine from the last guys engine went wrong? it would be a lot easier but would much prefer a second hand engine, as would be better...
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

markiii

nope I just meant changing out engines,

Patricks been putting Mk2 Tubbie engines into non Turbo MK2s for ages, he's also working on a MK2 Turbo engine into teh roadster.

My point was if he can get you an 1zz there are few people who know there way around removing and installing engies on MR2s than Patrick.

And his standard of workmanship is seriosuly impressiive

And he's not that far from you
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

leon_in_uk

ok cheers matey..

is he in here? do you no a tel number or email?

thanks
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

markiii

rmowbray

As promised, here's the details of the companies I contacted about replacement engines:

Dewsbury auto salvage 01924 466666 - occasionally available
Rochdale auto 01706 655669 - £1000 for a 01 engine only, £1250 including fitting
Zaks 0161 761 6088
Hygrade 0161 682 6034 - £900 +VAT for a 01 engine only
AC 01204 388112
International 0161 626 0752 - £1350 +VAT for a low milage 54 engine or £1000+VAT for an 01
North West 01254 382222

Hope that helps, good luck.

Richard

leon_in_uk

thanks guys.

markii.. - the one in coventry wants £1175 and £570 fitting for an 01 engine out of his old car.. 18k miles..

and thanks for the list rmowbrow..

all the companies havnt got any in stock..

thanks for the help guys. much appretiated.. gonna have to go woth the company in east london.
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

markiii

so what are you planning to do with your old engine?

leon_in_uk

um as long as the car drives properly again i werent gonna be bothered about that. but is it worth breaking it? and selling bits on ebay?

and will the engine and bits fit in a boot of a normal sized car?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

markiii

they woudl probablt fit ina normal hatch, however I'd be more concerend about the weight

I might be interested in taking it off you.

drop me a pm if interested.

Jap GT300

Further to you PM and email.  I wont have any engines for at least two weeks and we do not offer a fitting service.

Sorry Adam

leon_in_uk

hi guys. just called a guy in sutton coldfield... and he is gonna deliver a:

18k full engine straight from a 54 reg mr2 for £900 cash

thats quality isnt it? and my mates dads fitting for £200...

so £1100 all in is good...

1 more thing the guy who is fitting asked:

is there any change in electrics ecu anything like that between a 00 and 54 reg car??

would i need all the ecu and stuff from the 54? is it gonna mess up the alarm and stuff in mine?

cheers guys
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Anonymous

make sure you fit a new catalytic convertor and gut your precats fully whilst you fit the new engine!

leon_in_uk

why mate? a 54 reg is near new, wont that do??
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Anonymous

Absolutely, else all that crap still floating about in your cat will just get sucked straight back up into the new engine and destroy that one as well.

New cat is a must, however you can probably gut your current manifold of pre-cats and use that.

Anonymous

It's very unlikely the new engine will come with precats and main cat, so you will have to use your old ones.

If you have had precat failure then you will have a lot of bits probably blocking your main cat and possibly still left in your precat chambers.

If you clear out your old precats properly they can be re-used, but if the main cat is blocked........  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

No point doing a half-arse job just to f**k your new engine.

edward.carter

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"hi guys. just called a guy in sutton coldfield... and he is gonna deliver a:

18k full engine straight from a 54 reg mr2 for £900 cash

wheres that from ?
edit: definately gut the remainder of the precats and swap main cat, as someone on here before changed engine and left cat and i think the new engine lasted something like a fortnight!

leon_in_uk

so how much are these and where do i get them from??

not more money.. damn
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Anonymous

PM Adam again and see if he can get hold of one for you. Failing that, it's a trip to Mr T and the new cat ain't cheap...

leon_in_uk

well how hard is everything to clean out? and how much more we talking?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

edward.carter

could always get one from toyota for roughly 600-700ish   s:? :? s:?   or speak to adam jap gt300,he may or may not have 1 in stock. I had one for a friend off him couple of weeks ago for a lot less than that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"well how hard is everything to clean out? and how much more we talking?

Look up the pre-cat thread by GSB and you'll see exactly what you have to do. Obviously it'll easier for you as you will already have everything out.

Tags: