any1 no of any jap engine companies?

Started by leon_in_uk, February 22, 2006, 10:53

leon_in_uk

so if i took it to them guys in london £1350 all in, what would they do? clean everything or use the 54 plate 1's???

shit what do i do!?
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Anonymous

Oh for God's sake...

1. Buy engine.
2. Buy new cat.
3. Take existing manifold to engine fitters.
4. Gut the pre-cats from manifold.
5. Give them new cat.
6. Tell them to fit the lot.
7. Pay money.
8. Drive car home when finished.

It's your money. You tell them what you want done.

leon_in_uk

what im trying to say, with these companies saying they will do everything. your saying if i didnt get a new cat then in 2 weeks the car would fuck up??

jesus, thats crazy and more money, damn
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Anonymous

Maybe not two weeks, but it wouldn't be long.

Actually, I've got a spare cat sitting in my garage if you want it. PM me if you're interested.

Anonymous

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"what I'm trying to say, with these companies saying they will do everything. your saying if i didnt get a new cat then in 2 weeks the car would f**k up??

jesus, thats crazy and more money, damn

yes. the reason your current engine is screwed is because it has sucked precat into it.

unless you change your catalytic convertor and remove any further precat from the manifold, its going to end up sucked into your new engine and ruining it after say a fortnight or so.

If you look on spyderchat, some people have had 4 or 5 engines in a year simply because toyota refused to change the cat after their engines died from this.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Richie.

PS:  w www.gt-international.com w  has a few cats for sale too, just noticed this morning!

leon_in_uk

it does mate, but the guy that im getting the engine off will give me these... the manifolds and stuff. he is giving the whole engine!!

the engine is clean. that would be ok wont it? straight in..
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Anonymous

The cat is usually classed as part of the exhaust system, so I'd check with him first.

leon_in_uk

if im giving him cash i will make him.. he is probably not paying tax and shit with cash anyway.
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Anonymous

I would still check this with him first as for all you know he may have already sold them

Anonymous

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"if I'm giving him cash i will make him.. he is probably not paying tax and s**t with cash anyway.

Dude, do you really think a guy who is doing a cash deal and "not paying tax and s**t" is going to to respond well to you trying to "make him" give you the exhaust parts aswell?

Do you know this guy? Aren't you a little concerned that he is a lot cheaper than everyone else, and he is delivering to you, so you have no idea of his set-up or reputation? If you know him or he is recommended.....then great, I 'm talking out of my backside.

But as the saying goes, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is....

leon_in_uk

i checked and he wants £200 for a full system off a 54 plate...

thats pretty good. and im not good with cars or anything but isnt the cat and exhaust system totally different and blows out gas's rather then sucking into my engine..

therefore can use my old cat. they last up to about 140k miles dont they
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

aaronjb

Sure, you can use your old cat.

Then you can buy another new engine to replace the replacement that you just toasted  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Sorry, I'm trying to work out if you're ignoring everyones advice on purpose here  s:? :? s:?

Yes, exhaust gas exits the car via the exhaust.  The problems here are:

a) Pre-cat dust CAN get sucked BACK into the engine FROM THE EXHAUST.  Search for more info, it's all about Exhaust Gas Recirculation for emissions.
b) All the pre-cat junk will have fallen down and partially or totally blocked the main CAT, meaning you have enormous backpressure, no performance, and all that backpressure (stopping gas from exiting the cylinders) forces exhaust gas past the piston rings, and causes ring failure & oil consumption and.. oh yes - kills your engine.

Still - it's your engine, your money. You can do the job twice if you want to.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

markiii

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"i checked and he wants £200 for a full system off a 54 plate...

thats pretty good. and I'm not good with cars or anything but isnt the cat and exhaust system totally different and blows out gas's rather then sucking into my engine..

therefore can use my old cat. they last up to about 140k miles dont they

Leon,

Can you PM me tsi guys details sounds like he as a bit of stuff from teh 04 and there are a couple of bits I'm after

cheers
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

leon_in_uk

ok then got it...
 s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

so he is offering the manifold etc. so all i will need of that car is the cat... not the full system.. so hopefully £1000

for a newish cat and engine..
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

markiii

why do you need a new manifold? simply gut teh one you have
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

leon_in_uk

dunno why matey, but said he is selling with so maybe easier..
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

edward.carter

the new manifold is likely to contain precats so will need gutting anyway, if you gut your old one half might be missing already so less to gut in the first place

leon_in_uk

cool. i am defo not gonna drive my car now anyway..

but he has just said he wants £100 for the cat. so £1000 cash for the engine and cat is good isnt it??

do i need to get anything else when fitting?

what about the ecu and all electrics will they be alright?

thanks guys
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Tags: