My Fuel Consumption Experiment ...

Started by Anonymous, March 14, 2006, 09:50

Anonymous

It displays economy, distance, and temperature data in whatever units you choose, but the speed zones it captures data for are fixed at 25MPH, 30MPH, etc.   The graph shows one of the following: MPG (US gallons), MPG (Imperial gallons), Litres/100km.   You can change that at will.   I'm putting the final touches on it now... will test tomorrow and probably release it tomorrow night.  See Copilot for Power FC topic on Spyderchat... check tomorrow or the next day.   I'll post a graph here (data from my car) later this week.   By the way, Aaron gave me the idea.

EDIT:  Here's an example of what it did today.

Heavier solid lines are the average MPGs. The dotted lines show the minimum and maximum points connected. It was saving the MPG when I first entered the speed zone and right before exiting it. There were throttle changes then, so the min and max were not representative of constant throttle conditions. I improved the program some today (after getting this data... will test improvements tomorrow) to eliminate the outlying data. There were just a few "bad" points, I imagine, so the averages shown here a fairly close. After it gets more data (more sequences of constant throttle within a speed zone (like 40MPH +/-) the lines should smooth out some and I'll have a curve for each gear that shows pretty clearly where the sweets spots are... speeds where you can get much greater MPG by selecting a higher gear than you would normally (just putting it in whatever gear "feels right").

Tags: