TTET and Mr T UK - First warranty claim

Started by ninjinski, March 22, 2006, 17:06

Anonymous

I have lost 3 and took the heatshield off untill I can get some locking nuts. My oil change is due in 1500 miles and I have got some Mobil 1 0w-40 Oil as is recomended by TTE and SP. I thought that Mr T will change anything that goes wrong with the car that is not caused by the turbo but I may be wrong.

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"David, what's your total mileage? I've started losing some oil since install - about the same amount/mile as you.

Currently 21,400 miles.

Prior to TTET install at 18,302 miles I never used a drop of oil. Now it seems to use a small amount. Whether thats because thats what turbo's do or because I now excercise my right foot a little more I'm not sure. Over the last 1000 miles or so the oil has gone from a lovely clean colour to a dark yellowish colour so I think it is wearing (if thats the word).
After a 160 mile drive through Derbyshire yesterday with large bouts of accelerating (must stop trying to compete with motorcycles  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) the rear of the car was very hot to touch, so you can imagine the conditions the oil is working in. I'm looking to have SP do an oil/filter change after the next 1000 miles and let them check over everything.
The heat issue is beginning to concern me as the weather gets warmer, currently at least cool air is drawn in. Once the summer gets going the air will become warm and add to the situation.

ninjinski

Quote from: "Gazz"I've had 2 heatshield bolts come loose. So far thats the only problem.

Can you keep us updated on your problems Ninjinski just in case there's anything we need to watch out for.

Will do! BTW the heatshield Im having issues with is not the black TTET one but the one down to the right of that that sits over the pipe attached to the turbo itself - I cant see how its attached however it looks like it clamps itself to that pipe (no bolts etc) so I cant figure how to better attach it again and stop it rattling like crazy   s:? :? s:?  

Saving that the bolts on the black TTET liveried cover are rusting like crazy!

Definately due a trip back to SP as the turbo is causing creaks and noises that (including rattles) should'nt be there!

In addition: Ive already had Mr T tighten one of the engine mounts as the engine was moving causing severe creaking and unsetling noises a few weeks back!   s:? :? s:?
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Anonymous

Are you talking about the one over the new precat. If so it has 2 brackets and 4 nut that hold it on.

ninjinski

Quote from: "simonmr2"Are you talking about the one over the new precat. If so it has 2 brackets and 4 nut that hold it on.

If thats the case I have no brackets left on mine   s:? :? s:?    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

I can pull it off with my hands - nothing is holding it on at all!
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Anonymous

Quote from: "ninjinski"Definately due a trip back to SP as the turbo is causing creaks and noises that (including rattles) should'nt be there!

In addition: Ive already had Mr T tighten one of the engine mounts as the engine was moving causing severe creaking and unsetling noises a few weeks back!   s:? :? s:?

Wow, sounds like you've got a few issues here to deal with.

The heat shield above the pre-cat does have 2 brackets and 4 bolts to hold it on. Did you get a copy of the Installation Instruction Manual?
I'm going to check a few torque settings on the kit to make sure everything I can get to is tight.

Anonymous

If you didn't here it is.

m http://dieamond.free.fr/Catalogs/TTE_Turbo.pdf m

ninjinski

Spoke to SP today and they have had same issues in same places with bolts and clasps coming loose on their car - So Ive booked in for Friday for a full check up!

They are to speak to TTE too to let them know these bolt issues are now commonplace in a few areas.

Will let you know how things go!

TTE recall for loose bolts anyone   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:     s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Sable

spit

Anyone know how many TTETs have been sold worldwide now? Do you guys get a serial number with the kit?

Just wundrin!
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

ninjinski

Quote from: "spit"Anyone know how many TTETs have been sold worldwide now? Do you guys get a serial number with the kit?

Just wundrin!

Seem to remember the figure of 100 fatory fitted and dealer sold in Japan. Otherwise not sure about rest of world to be honest and not sure if there is a serial no. ??

The bolts that have come loose are actually non critical and more of a pain than anything else so fingers crossed on main system!
Sable

mg

I had 2 bolts loose that hold the black fan surround to the engine lid.  Check these esp the one's under the sound proofing...
[size=67]2005 Silver | Red Heated Leather | TTE Turbo | TTE exhaust | TTE Lowered Springs | TRD FSB | B&M Short Shift | David\'s Style Bars | Bama Tall Deflector | Red Calipers[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "DavidM"I'm going to check a few torque settings on the kit to make sure everything I can get to is tight.

Checked over what I could this morning, the only bolts loose were all 4 on the manifold heat shield. The heat shield over the pre-cat feels tight but getting to the bolts is not easy.

Ninjinski, how did you get on at SP yesterday, any problems?

ninjinski

Quote from: "DavidM"
Quote from: "DavidM"..........

Ninjinski, how did you get on at SP yesterday, any problems?

Matt had a look over the car and reattached missing bolts. As I thought. there is A very very light amount of oil coming from near the wastegate, noting substantial - He is going to order a new seal and fit next week when it arrives.

Overall the trip gave me the peace of mind I was after and as usual Matt is a top bloke!   s:) :) s:)  

So got back in car and caned it home   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D
Sable

Tags: