O2 XDAiii in '04 UK model

Started by Anonymous, March 23, 2006, 12:13

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm looking to hardwire my XDAiii to my stereo in my '04 MR2 but I've got a few questions that hopefully someone here can help with:

In order to use it as an MP3 player I need a convertor that acts as if the XDA is the CD changer. Then I can listen to the MP3's with the stereo set to aux; is this right?

When the XDA receives an incoming call it pauses the audio, therefore I can use the same headphone out to aux in connection to hear calls through the stereo speakers too, right?

Now for the difficult one: I don't want to power it via the lighter socket as the cable will just get in the way, so how/where can I mount it and where can I run the cable from? Please keep in mind that my driving style will require a fairly robust solution!

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

Anonymous

Not sure about the first few questions (sure someone here will help though) but with regards to powering it, you could just hard wire the power lead to the back of the lighter adapter, that way you don't have the pesky thing sticking out of the front.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slurpy J"Not sure about the first few questions (sure someone here will help though) but with regards to powering it, you could just hard wire the power lead to the back of the lighter adapter, that way you don't have the pesky thing sticking out of the front.

Thanks, that sounds just right.

Any chance someone could please explain how to wire to the back of the cigarette lighter - the product I want to use says it needs to eb wired across a fuse  s:? :? s:?

Tags: