Build your own MR2.... MIA

Started by Anonymous, September 22, 2003, 11:47

Anonymous

Anyone noticed on the UK Toyota site the "In Detail" section of the MR2 has vanished.  That was the bit that allowed you to "build your own" etc.

Wonder what's going on there.

Slacey

I don't know, but noticed it had dissapeared a couple of weeks ago when I was mesing around on there for something to do. If there are any '04 facelifts due, I expect they will be annouced imminently....
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"I don't know, but noticed it had dissapeared a couple of weeks ago when I was mesing around on there for something to do. If there are any '04 facelifts due, I expect they will be annouced imminently....

Surely not another facelift....? The 03 is hardly old hat!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

markiii

I beleive there going to be a rubber xhaust on the options list  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"I beleive there going to be a rubber xhaust on the options list  :-) :-) :-)

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Slacey

Mark, that's evil!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

aaannnnyway - back on subject... i noticed that the celica one is missing too...

Slacey

Definately hints at facelifting, IMO.

Anonymous

Good thing they took it down; it had a whole bunch of Javascript bugs.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Definately hints at facelifting, IMO.

Do you really think they will launch another facelift after only a year?   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

That's what I thought, either that or price changes.

GSB

Quote from: "phil4"

That's what I thought, either that or price changes.

Or perhaps they got rid of because it was crap... I just checked the USA, Japanese, and Australian market pages, and they are all fine.

On a more constructive note, configuring your own MR2 on Toyota GB's site is as simple as deciding what gearbox you want and in what colour. Options such as leather, spoilers etc were never included, so it was a fairly pointless excersize, and made the car seem fairly boring. They've replaced it with user accounts of how enjoyable the car is, which I think will help sales an awful lot more...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"I beleive there going to be a rubber xhaust on the options list  :-) :-) :-)

I heard it was alloy airbags!

Tags: