MR2s and cycling

Started by Anonymous, April 3, 2006, 14:31

Gif

Oh and you need to change the date on your Nikon Chris, cos it says that the photo you took up the Rhigos was on 16th August 2011   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

dipper84

No, that is the correct date of the picture, drove so fast down the M4 i travelled through time!

As regards to legislation, the position of the rear wheels allow all lights to be seen through the wheels. I understand its illegal but South Wales Police have passed me, been behind me, overtaken by me and they dont seem to give a hoot.

I havent done anything regarding a trailer board as yet, though if Im pulled over I think I will consider it then. Not too sure how to do it as yet as Ive not looked into it.

I would only call it a fail when im told it needs chainging, until then its working fine  s;) ;) s;)
Chris >>>>>

uktotty

Will you drive through built up areas at 60 untill you get pulled as well?
Same logic I feel.

Seriously though how much is a bit of MDF and some stick on lights going to cost you Mr Engineer?

dipper84

harsh but fair........

no idea on cost, not looked into it.....
Chris >>>>>

uktotty

I checked it out this morning.
£17.99 delivered!
Its a no brainer

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4FT-TRAILER-LIGHT ... 5ad93e446d m

dipper84

due due I fell like a criminal after my first post! I was only trying to help out........
Chris >>>>>

Gif

Not trying to be critical Chris, just wouldn't like to have to fork out a penalty notice for the sake of a bit of extra design work on your part  s:D :D s:D  

Wiring in a 7 pin trailer connection would not seem unduly difficult given access to the rear lights is relatively simple.  And trailer boards can usually just be hung securely on the bikes.
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

dipper84

well the rack has been taken off now due to it not being needed anymore. I will be investing in one of those boards just to keep the old bill off my back  s:) :) s:)
Chris >>>>>

dipper84

After the recent shenanigans of my engine begining to pack up I am selling my beloved MR2. The two bars which support the bike rack I am selling so if anyone wishes to buy them please get in touch. Looking for around £25 for them and £60  +p&p including the racks themselves....  s:o :o s:o )
Chris >>>>>

Anonymous

Chris,

interested, have sent a pm,

many thanks

Simon

Anonymous

chris , please can you email me on simonwille "at" hotmail dot com

many thanks

Dac

Re:
Quote from: "projectneon"Or - alternatively, what about an MR2 carrier for your bike ???

Brilliant   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

RSpyder

Living in the states and being around the beaches here in sunny southern california, i have been pretty active with summer activities like body boarding (not yet graduated to surfing but hopefully soon). I have a hard time getting all my equipment into our little cars. I have a backpage/duffle bag with beach towels, extra clothes, sunblock plus a wetsuit with swiming flippers and anything else needed for a nice day at the beach. Now my problem is i have the boogie/body board with a ankle leash that will not fit along with my other items listed above. Is there any type of roof mounting system for this dilemma? Btw, i have a hardtop on as well and its a pain in the arse to remove by yourself just to head to the beach  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   Was looking at some universal systems that uses heavy nylon straps and the stands are coated in non paint damaging rubber:

m http://www.prolineracks.com/spec-auto-accessories.html m

Anyone else have a solution for good old water activities? If my friends dont join me, i really dont have space for the board and extra things i usually bring. I was even thinking of making one from scratch...buy a used cheap rack system, cut/sand/dremel/repaint etc...any ideas or inputs??? I am wondering if the bicycle system as posted here would have an optional attachment piece to somehow secure a board. Mounting it over the engine lid like the classic carrier would be bad because of the heat melting my foam board  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

filcee

Apologies for the archeology, but I've been thinking about bike carriers for mine too - I need to find a way to make more use of it.

Somewhere up there ^ a discussion began about trailer boards, and this was suggested

Quote from: "uktotty"I checked it out this morning.
£17.99 delivered!
Its a no brainer

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4FT-TRAILER-LIGHT ... 5ad93e446d m

What I haven't managed to work out is how the lighting could be connected to the regular loom.  My suspicions are that the loom came from some other vehicle in the Toyota range (Avensis? Celica?) and that there may well be a point in the loom where there is a plug or splice point ready to accept a trailer board.  Any ideas?
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Tags: