A bad week gets worse (pics)

Started by Slacey, April 5, 2006, 17:19

Slacey

A really crap Monday. A terrible Tuesday. Now, after getting the car out for a top down drive in the sun, an appalling Wednesday  s:( :( s:(  

The cause was a wall mounted bike rack holding two bikes - evidently it didn't like sitting on the wall  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Liz

Sorry to see that Sean, how gutting   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

s:( :( s:(

Gutted for you mate, truly gutted.

Personally, I reckon the bikes were jealous of the car and decided to attack it.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Sorry, I know this is no laughing matter.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

oh man do I feel for you  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:x :x s:x    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Its a thought though because Ive a bike rack mounted on the wall of the garage loaded with a bike on too!!!! And to add to this there is a loaded wind surf board and sails suspended from the roof of the garage sitting over the 2 when its parked in it.!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Methinks Ill be moving it this weekend.

Can imagine how you feel m8

dimwit

Sorry to see that mate, what a shitter.........  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Gutted for you!    s:( :( s:(  

I had a "More Than" incident when a barbecue perched on the beams in the roof space of my garage attempted a KamiKaze leap one night and missed the car & hardtop by inches.

Now thats more than lucky!

Anonymous

ouch, know just how that feels  s:( :( s:(  

Had a slab of ice fall off the roof and stove my bonnet in at New Year. If you look at my avatar it is a photo before the repair. Looked worse up close and cost the best part of £700 to put right.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

LeeUK

Bad news.... I hope you kicked the bikes.   s:( :( s:(
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

aaronjb

Damn, Sean  s:( :( s:(  Sorry to see this  s:( :( s:(  Your car was so pristine, too.

Fingers crossed that Adam can get a black wing for you, I suppose? At least ours are bolt-on affairs.. small mercies, and all that.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Slacey

Yeah, I've PM'd Adam earlier. And Graham - thanks for the condolences, but the bad news for you is that I will finally be getting that carbon bonnet sprayed as there is a dent in my stock one  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

philster_d

graham never ever replies to me

dimwit

Quote from: "Slacey"And Graham - thanks for the condolences, but the bad news for you is that I will finally be getting that carbon bonnet sprayed as there is a dent in my stock one  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Damn, and you thought you was having a bad week...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Should look good with the c/f bonnet, will it be on for the dyno meet?..

heathstimpson

Sorry to hear your bad news Sean. I know how you feel as it always hurts more when you feel it was your own fault  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

loadswine

Ouch!! That's a real bummer Sean. Hate it when things like that happen.
Hope you get it sorted okay matey.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Slacey

Quote from: "dimwit"Should look good with the c/f bonnet, will it be on for the dyno meet?..
I think time is against me on this one as I need to source a wing before going to the bodyshop, but you never know.

Anonymous

I saw your post over on SC.  Gah!  What a bummer.  I almost had an entire metal shelf full of stuff land on my last car (a Miata).  It came down because I had overloaded it and it was the cheap kind made out of L sections.  A corner L twisted and down she came, narrowly missing the car, me, and luckily my daughter playing in the driveway just outside.  My daughter learned some new words that day.  "Don't repeat what Daddy just said."  As it was, all I had to do was clean up some spilled oil.

Anonymous

Ahhhh Sean! You're car was SOOOOOOOO nice!!! Thats such a pisser!

Good job the damage was nothing more that superficial though. Doesn't make it any better right now I know, but at least that should be "relatively" fixable..............

Hope you get it back to normal mate cos I want to see the finished product!!!

Good luck!

edward.carter

gutted for you!    s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Same here gutted for you mate!

fg

Boo Hiss!!

This is why bikes should be banned   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Makes my sulk about a tiny front bumper scratch look a little childish
Ex Astral Black, 05 MR2 (Ah, open top motoring)
Ex Velocity Red, 06 RX-8 (expensive sports car)
Ex Sapphire Black, 08 Corsa Sri(cheap fastish motoring!)
Ex Grey, 10 Mazda 3 ts2 (yawn family motoring)
Silver, 12 Mercedes C-Class (more family motoring, but cheaper with a diesel)

Anonymous

Can you claim under your house insurance for this 'accidental damage' ??

kanujunkie

Oh Sorry to hear about that mate, i know exactly how gutted you must be at the mo, hope she looks good for JAE
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Slacey

This week is truly unbelieveable. I went out to pick Abby up to take her to the doctors when on the way a Volvo turnued left then at the last second pulled back into the traffic - I had to swerve into oncoming traffic to avoid him sideswiping me! I later found out that I'm not getting any form of pay rise this year either  s:( :( s:(  

Anyway, on a brighter note I have got a good quote for the paint job, and Adam seems to have come good with a replacement wing, so it should be sorted soon - providing I survive any further disasters!

Anonymous

sorry to hear that mate, was a mint car when i went to ur house with leon_in_uk

s:( :( s:(

aaronjb

Quote from: "Slacey"I later found out that I'm not getting any form of pay rise this year either  s:( :( s:(

Working for 'the man' (big companies) sucks, doesn't it  s:? :? s:?  In the midst of all the presentations they keep giving here about how well we're doing, and our share price rocketing etc etc, my pay review granted me a whopping £150 pay rise (thats annual).. woo.. I feel so.. valued  s;) ;) s;)

Back on topic - good to hear Adam had a wing, at least  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tags: