Petrol prices

Started by Anonymous, April 10, 2006, 19:21

Anonymous

Ok so I'm having a whinge - but has anyone else noticed how these seem to have gone from 82.9 to 92.9 in the space of a month?!
Every time I drive past the petrol forecourt on the way to work it seems to have changed.
Here's hoping they find some other alternative source of fuel soon, although given the fact that it will mean the government losing out on their 66% tax on petrol I can't see them helping people out anytime soon.

Whine over.

kanujunkie

hasn't round here, always been high 80's
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

evileye_wrx

Try this. It comes in very handy I find.

m http://www.petrolprices.com/ m

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

heathstimpson

Quote from: "kanujunkie"hasn't round here, always been high 80's
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  That must be the cheapest area Stu; most garages I see are between 94.9 and 98.9 for SU or diesel  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Liz

Thought that I would drag up an old thread about petrol prices - made me laugh when I saw on here the prices we were moaning about.  I nearly had to be scraped up off of the forecourt of White Notley Shell station tonight - filling my car up merrily with Optimax, then looked at the price £1.07 a litre. WTF.

Apparently if I had been there yesterday, before they had a delivery, it was 6p a litre cheaper. Its expensive he said - no s**t I replied!

Now this station has just undergone new ownership and a total revamp - new pumps etc - am I paying for that I wonder.  Unfortunately I have to have the higher octane stuff - the label inside my petrol cap says 98RON minimum, would 97 really make a difference - apart from in my wallet! Either that or its off to Tesco for 99 stuff and clubcard points.

As an add on to this I figure out from my balance of points - unclaimed for quite some time for some reason that Shell owe me £45 in fuel vouchers - they sent me £2.50 - still trying to sort that one out....

Been on a 12 hour shift today..bah   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

dbrown

Quote from: "Liz"Shell owe me £45 in fuel vouchers - they sent me £2.50 - still trying to sort that one out.

guess i did the right thing then   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  
i claimed £70 in vouchers a month before they changed
from pluspoints to drivers club
and they just sent me a £5 voucher the other day
Darren

2004 silver roadster totally [strike]standard[/strike] wrecked \":(\"

aaronjb

Quote from: "Liz"Thought that I would drag up an old thread about petrol prices - made me laugh when I saw on here the prices we were moaning about.  I nearly had to be scraped up off of the forecourt of White Notley Shell station tonight - filling my car up merrily with Optimax, then looked at the price £1.07 a litre. WTF.

Some places round here are charging >£1/l just for super unleaded now.. That's definitely what I'll be mapping the car for - in fact until I go turbo it can be mapped on 95 to save a few bob.

What was it, another 2p/l in tax at the last budget, and 2p/l in tax in April as well?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Chris_h

Its £1 for diesel now at my local Tesco   s:( :( s:(  

Does anyone know why diesel has always been a couple of pence more than petrol, but recently, for a spell of 3 or 4 months, diesel was cheaper than petrol ?
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

aaronjb

I thought (going back 10-15 years or so) that diesel used to be cheaper than petrol..

I imagine it's more expensive now because diesel cars generally use less - and the gov't need your hard earned in the form of tax.. </cynic>  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Anonymous

Don't want to give away age but I recall ranting that if petrol went up to £1.50 a GALLON I wouldn't buy anymore  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

alancdavis

One thing that we need remember,,,,,,,,,,,,its not the fuel that is expensive ,,,its the tax that this thieving goverment imposese upon us.

The fuel in the UK is amongst the most heavely taxed in the galaxy,,,,,,people get sent to prison for such extorsion in other countrys.
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

ChrisGB

Will be time for some action on this soon I reckon. Possible fuel or transport route blockades.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

alancdavis

Are this goverment so blind that they can not see how this upsets the people who they are supposed to represent and also who pay there wages ?
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

aaronjb

Quote from: "alancdavis"Are this goverment so blind that they can not see how this upsets the people who they are supposed to represent and also who pay there wages ?

What does it matter when people keep voting them in? As long as they can keep giving themselves giant payrises, they're golden..

roger

Quote from: "aaronjb"What does it matter when people keep voting them in? As long as they can keep giving themselves giant payrises, they're golden..

What about that guy from Merryl Lynch. He takes the blame for their poor performance, so its OK to pay him £80m severance   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

For that sort of money anybody wants any blame taken (Iraq, Hiroshima, Bank rates, income Tax, Pre-cats) I'm your man.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

mr2jw

i expect this latest fire at coryton will be another excuses to add a few pence to a litre! we are still probably paying for buncefield and the "silicone in fuel" fiasco.
black 2000 roadster | devs keyhole covers | devs tbl visor | pre-cats removed | crystal side repeaters with chrome surrounds | lt short antenna | jdm front badge | jdm wheel centres | mr2roc sticker |
and lots more to do!

Chris_h

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "aaronjb"What does it matter when people keep voting them in? As long as they can keep giving themselves giant payrises, they're golden..

What about that guy from Merryl Lynch. He takes the blame for their poor performance, so its OK to pay him £80m severance   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

For that sort of money anybody wants any blame taken (Iraq, Hiroshima, Bank rates, income Tax, Pre-cats) I'm your man.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

I will joing you there Roger - I am a willing scapegoat for all societies ills! just cross my palms with silver   s:D :D s:D
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

alancdavis

Botom line is we are looked upon as the means to provide this goverment and its cronies a life style they think they deserve.
We will always be taxed to the hilt to pay for them

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "alancdavis"Are this goverment so blind that they can not see how this upsets the people who they are supposed to represent and also who pay there wages ?

What does it matter when people keep voting them in? As long as they can keep giving themselves giant payrises, they're golden..

Aren't you aware that it doesn't matter which party is in government they all behave the same way?  s:? :? s:?  

Vote for "None of the above"  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

aaronjb

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Aren't you aware that it doesn't matter which party is in government they all behave the same way?  s:? :? s:?  

Well, yes - that's also a problem..

Haslamr2

Coming back from Brum yesterday and saw Vpower at 107   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
[size=75]05 MR2 1.8 VVT-i Roadster Red Spec Edit, TTE Dual exhaust TTE Lowering springs
Ali Larter in the passenger seat...lovin it!!! [/size]

ChrisGB

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"
Quote from: "aaronjb"

Aren't you aware that it doesn't matter which party is in government they all behave the same way?  s:? :? s:?  

Vote for "None of the above"  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

The old maxim: "No matter who you vote for the government gets in" applies . What is really frustrating is that the current gov' got in on 21% of the vote, but 80% of the population moan about them. Hardly anyone bothered to vote because the choices presented do not represent the opinions and wants of the people of this country.

Make voting compulsory, but provide two extra vote options:

No candidate represents my interests.

The system does not represent my interest.

Chris

When I am in charge, things will be different.
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

alancdavis

I can concur with all your comments,,,it wont matter who is in power i suspect that the motoristis always targeted as one of the main and easiest ways to fill the goverments coffers to ensure there is enough cash to fulfill there expence accounts.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

wbarrwebster

I'll attempt to keep this non party political, who remembers the non appearance of our then Chancellor when the Blockades were happening in 2000....no?
He had some guy front it for him, bearing in mind he never answers a straight question, all you get is his mantra, repeated asnd repeated!

His excuse then was that he was working on the previous Tory petrol price escalator, fogetting the fact that the cost of a  barrel had gone through the roof!!
I recollect one of his cronies on the box saying that there is no history of street protest (ala France) in the UK.....the interviewer hadn't the brains or the balls to mention the fact that blockades were happening in the UK at that moment and what was that saying about the Government's petrol tax policy!!!
THe Green Lobby have now given them the grand excuse, will the additional tax revenue be ring fenced?  nae chance......

IMHO, all UK governments of whatever complection always work on and rely on one thing, the UK electorate's complacency....they factor it in....look at their salaries, their pensions and their foul, intelligent insulting  attempts at justifying them, the joke's on us!!!

I'm off the soapbox ....sorry

Barry W
W. B. Webster

alancdavis

well said     s:roll: :roll: s:roll:     roll on the revolution    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: