Petrol prices

Started by Anonymous, April 10, 2006, 19:21

alancdavis

BREAKING NEWS FROM AMERICA

DISASTER FOR THE UNITED STATES

PETROL HAD HIT A ALL TIME HIGH OF $3 PER GALLON (£1.50 ?)

Says it all dosent it   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

heathstimpson

The news this morning said that the rapid rise of crude oil to around $96 a barrel has been offset by the weakening dollar and if the dollar hadn't dropped we would be looking at £1.30 a litre by now  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

aaronjb

Fuel protests are apparently being planned again:
 m http://www.transaction-2007.com/ m

No idea how much of an turnout they'll have, seeing as I'd heard nothing about it till today.. and you can guarantee the government will take zero notice (in fact, given the current 'anti-terror' legislation, will probably start locking protesters up under the name of fighting terrorism).. but, you can but hope.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Wabbitkilla

I like this one...

m http://www.ukbackbone.co.uk/ m

Look, if no-one supports them nothing will get done. Sitting on the fence is not an option - we're all complaining in private about fuel prices!
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

aaronjb

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Look, if no-one supports them nothing will get done.

If people support them, nothing will get done.

Lets face it, the Government doesn't work for us - it works for big business and to line the pockets of the corrupt politicians.  We are just the unfortunate plebs who must work to provide for their existences.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

enid_b

i just got an email via petrolprices.com subscription.

apparently there is a protest planned for Sat 15th December.  

its an outrage, and something must be done.

who is with me brothers ??? (and sisters)

<<<revolutionary hat off>>>

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

aaronjb

Quote from: "aaronjb"Fuel protests are apparently being planned again:

No idea how much of an turnout they'll have, seeing as I'd heard nothing about it till today.. and you can guarantee the government will take zero notice (in fact, given the current 'anti-terror' legislation, will probably start locking protesters up under the name of fighting terrorism).. but, you can but hope.

There's an echo in here..  s;) ;) s;)

Wabbitkilla

Come the revolution  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Looks like saturday is the day for the protests .... ill have to make sure i pick up some of my mums bills that weekend ... gota love having the same initial as my Doctor mother ! helped out no end last time !

alancdavis

I lose £10 per tank full if the goverment guidelines of 83p per liter were enforced....Goverment guidlines for companys allow 10p per mile   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

wbarrwebster

IMHO, any protests/blockages will not have the same impact as last time, in fact I don't think they'll get off the ground.

You can say lots of things about this Government but don't kid yourselves, they will not be blind sided again and are not daft enough to allow it to happen twice....

If I remember correctly, meetings were held with Government, the Police and all representative bodies with one thought in mind, to ensure future protesters couldn't bring the country to a halt, in other words, by securing the ongoing supply of fuel!!

Remember the Petrol drivers were by and large in sympathy last time..and the excuse not to deliver the fuel was given supposed intimidation.
( Some might remember that one of the Union Leaders had a File on the alleged intimidation which was to be investigated and publised..never happened that I can remember, quitely buried to save the Government any further embarrassement, I would suggest !)

The Government line, which they have trotted out already, is that in real terms petrol prices have fallen over the last few years all things considered.
What they will not remind you is that on a grander scale, this same Government is taking on average an additional £5K in taxes from the average household purse, every year in the UK.

It's like one of Brown's Budget speaches, forget the headlines, you have to dig through the smallprint  to find the real hidden ball breakers !

Sorry, I'm off the soapbox now!!

Barry W
W. B. Webster

Anonymous

Also, anyone who panic buys now (and there will be loads at the petrol station tomorrow morning, I know I'm going to have to queue for my daily paper!) is a complete idiot.

enid_b

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "aaronjb"Fuel protests are apparently being planned again:

There's an echo in here..  s;) ;) s;)

sorry aaron, not much time for browsing these days, i do apologise   s:D :D s:D
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Chris_h

Folks who enjoy burning the stuff should take a hedge position with a small investement in BP, Shell, Tullow, Petrofac etc

It softens the blow of £60 fill ups
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

alancdavis

Queens ferry nr Chester,,,Diesel...£108.9 per liter    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Liz

Quote from: "alancdavis"Queens ferry nr Chester,,,Diesel...£108.9 per liter    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

I paid that the other day for Optimax - the blow was softened a little bit by my £50 of petrol vouchers from Shell after they had cocked up my points for ages beforehand.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Your on a roll Liz, free petrol, free hat, fancy calling the Clachaig inn for me?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Liz

Can you imagine how much I paid out in petrol in the first place to get £50's worth!

Chris_h

oil up again today   s:( :( s:(  

Its getting serious!
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

alancdavis

Quote from: "Liz"
Quote from: "alancdavis"Queens ferry nr Chester,,,Diesel...£108.9 per liter    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

I paid that the other day for Optimax - the blow was softened a little bit by my £50 of petrol vouchers from Shell after they had cocked up my points for ages beforehand.

I find that the further south you go the more expensive the fuel is,,,,,,,,regarding the c**k up with your points  i think you must have got mine cos I was a bunch short,,,  s:x :x s:x

Anonymous

maybe its a goverment conspiracy to get poeple to use public transport????
the main thing is the cost of living keeps increasing but annual wages increases are not in line with those increases. cheapest place down this neck of the woods is 99.9 but everytime you fill up there is a wait of at least 30 minutes.£38 quid it cost for a full tank, times that by 3 fill up a month and thats £120 gone from my wages. put that against a monthly train pass to work at £60, which adds fuel to my initial thought.
unfortunatly the motorist is the one that gets screwed over the most in this country, road tax, high fuel prices, high insurance costs , congestion charges , toll road charges.
anyway rant over !!!

Liz

Quote from: "alancdavis"
Quote from: "Liz"

I find that the further south you go the more expensive the fuel is,,,,,,,,regarding the c**k up with your points  i think you must have got mine cos I was a bunch short,,,  s:x :x s:x

Nope, I got what I was owed, took quite a few snotty emails though - keep at them, I think their email answering centre is in India.

alancdavis

Bet the fuel in India is cheap   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

northernalex

Quote from: "alancdavis"Bet the fuel in India is cheap   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

certainly was in the UAE
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

heathstimpson

Quote from: "jonboy"maybe its a goverment conspiracy to get poeple to use public transport????
the main thing is the cost of living keeps increasing but annual wages increases are not in line with those increases. cheapest place down this neck of the woods is 99.9 but everytime you fill up there is a wait of at least 30 minutes.£38 quid it cost for a full tank, times that by 3 fill up a month and thats £120 gone from my wages. put that against a monthly train pass to work at £60, which adds fuel to my initial thought.
unfortunatly the motorist is the one that gets screwed over the most in this country, road tax, high fuel prices, high insurance costs , congestion charges , toll road charges.
anyway rant over !!!
£120 a month; I spend more than that every week out of my own pocket  s:? :? s:?    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: