Petrol prices

Started by Anonymous, April 10, 2006, 19:21

Ross_Curtis

I paid 110.9p for Ultimate, just the other day in Hertford.

Chris_h

woohoo 97.9 per litre today from Tesco (incl the 5p voucher for doing my shopping there)

Not sure why I am thrilled at paying less that a quid, but I am.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

alancdavis

Just went to the wrong pump and filled up withshell v power,,,£1,16 per ltr
  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Liz

Quote from: "alancdavis"Just went to the wrong pump and filled up withshell v power,,,£1,16 per ltr
  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Did you miss the signs on the pump and the nozzle then!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

alancdavis

Some plonka in a Nova with a baked bean can for an exhaust was so impacient I pulled right forword and never noticed the price,,,,,  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    still who cares,,,it all goes on my expence account   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

I have to put the good stuff in mine. Tbh the cost of it doesn't really bother me, as driving around country lanes in a fibreglass box puffing out as much CO2 into the air as I possibly can as of a weekend puts a smile on my face so big, I couldn't care less what the cost is.   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Diesel costing 109p is a bitch though.

alancdavis

Quote from: "Ekona"I have to put the good stuff in mine. Tbh the cost of it doesn't really bother me, as driving around country lanes in a fibreglass box puffing out as much CO2 into the air as I possibly can as of a weekend puts a smile on my face so big, I couldn't care less what the cost is.   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Diesel costing 109p is a bitch though.

Great attitude,,,,,life is to short to worry about such mundane things      s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

tonigmr2

I put Diesel Premium in the other day at a BP - £1.25!!!!  I nearly died of fright.

T
Yellow 55 with hardtop and aircon!

aaronjb

Quote from: "tonigmr2"I nearly died of fright.

I'm not surprised if you were putting it into the '2  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

roger

I received a round-robin email the other day, suggesting the only way to get something done is to actually boycott a particular manufacturer, and they would soon do something about it, either with their own prices or bending the ear of the government.

The chosen supplier was BP/Esso (who are one and the same apparently).

I never buy from them any way (Shell or Tesco), but any of you who do might like to consider it.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Mad Bob

Im a Tesco/Shell person as well   s:D :D s:D  

I would happily go out of my way to avoid any other Garage if I thought it would help.

We just need a few million more people to do the same.
Converse Boot!

wbarrwebster

IMHO, and with the greatest respect, this is an American answer to the issue, not a British one, the problem apart from the obvious rise in the base cost of crude, is the Duty and Tax is UK Governments adds!!

Surely pressure must be applied the Government.

Barry W
W. B. Webster

Chris_h

welll, even if duty is frozen, they will just think of an alternative punative tax on the law abiding masses to make up the shortfall.

Isn't that how it works?
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

Lets face it - we can moan all we like but inexorably the only way for petrol prices to go is up.
If it cost me £2 a litre I'd still have to put it in and bear it. There's no way around it for me.

As above even if the government were to reduce duty we all know from Bitter experience of the Brown era that he gives with one hand and punches you in the balls with the other.

MR-S

Everyone maons about the price of petrol and if an oil rig so much as farts the cost goes up in Ireland, currently around €1.19/litre which is in or around Brittish prices, the thing is, compared to a 1 litre bottle of Mineral water, petrol is cheap.

I'm not sure about the UK, but in Ireland the majority of us can drink water straight from the tap instead of paying up to €1.50 for a 1 litre bottle of water which came from the rear end of some volcano. So what I save on water gives me an extra litre of petrol to burn.

You guys in the UK don't have it so bad. Annual running costs for the MRS for me are:
Insurance: €1100 Euro P/A
Tax: €511 P/A
NCT: €25 P/A
Tyres:€350 P/A give or take..
Oil and Fluids: €150 (estimate)
That's over €2000 euro before I even turn the key and start to worry about petrol.

At the very least your motor tax actually goes on your roads any of you who have driven in Ireland will know that the motor tax was probably used to put an extra storey on the Minister for Transport's house.
TRD lip kit, Che Headers, TRD rear Brace, NGK Plugs, TRD oil filter, Facelift side Vents, Key hole covers.

wbarrwebster

Sorry but our Road Tax does not go on roads, hasn't done for years, the last stats I saw said the Road Fund Tax was £19m( or was it billions?) in the black.......Government don't ring fence the money, it just goes into general taxation!!
Just another excuse to take money from us!!!  

B
W. B. Webster

aaronjb

Quote from: "Benjamin Franklin"Nothing is certain in this world but death and taxes.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

alancdavis

Quote from: "Chris_h"welll, even if duty is frozen, they will just think of an alternative punative tax on the law abiding masses to make up the shortfall.

Isn't that how it works?

You are 100% correct,,,no ammount of protest will ever sway the goverment from rapeing the motorist.

Remember some one need to pay for the northern rock fiasco   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Ullevi

Quote from: "MR-S"Everyone maons about the price of petrol and if an oil rig so much as farts the cost goes up in Ireland, currently around €1.19/litre which is in or around Brittish prices, ...

You guys in the UK don't have it so bad. ....

The petrol I use is currently£1.07/L which is about 1.60 Euro.

So 1.19Euro/L in Ireland is pretty cheap-about 80 pence/L.

Can we have some at that price,please  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
05 Sable "Red" Special Edition with red leather interior and red soft top.TTE twin exhaust,Dev\'s keyhole covers,Rhon\'s red leather armrest roll covers,Lockwood Roadster metal sil covers.ESAD chrome binacle rings and hazard light button surround.

Liz

Time for a whinge, filled up today - most expensive tank of Optimax yet...115.9 per litre - nearly f'ing well fainted...then the bloke in the  station says after I have finished ranting "its going down on Monday" - well thanks alot for that  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

kanujunkie

youch Liz, thats got to be close on getting a remap to normal  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Liz

Not sure if I can Stu...the badge inside the fuel filler states 98 RON, would I get away with using 97?

edward.carter

filled up at shell today
107.9 for optimax/v-power

(normal unleaded was 100.9)

Liz

Hmm, feeling that I have been ripped off today, the petrol station where I buy it from has just undergone a refurbishment - have a feeling that I was maybe paying towards that, not going anywhere in a hurry at the moment, thank god that the roads are wet and I am not tempted to let it loose occasionally!  s:? :? s:?

aaronjb

Unleaded is 104.9 at my local (Murco) station, or 102.9 at the local Shell (which is a bit out of my way).. 108.9 for Super at Murco or 109.9 at Shell.

No idea what Optimax is, but I imagine it's got to be over 110.9 at Shell here  s:? :? s:?

Crazy prices.

Tags: