MR2 vs Boxster

Started by Anonymous, September 27, 2003, 23:26

Anonymous

Quote from: "juansolo"Boxsters have a (very ugly) lip spoiler that pops up at the back to help reduce rear end lift at high speeds.  Very similar to the fixed one that was retro-fitted to the TT in looks and function.

Some 911's (mostly air cooled 993's and earlier) have a whole section of the engine cover that raises at speed, partly for aerodynamic effect but mostly to get more air to the engine.

Exactamente.  Apart from, all post 80's naturally aspirated 911s have the engine cover raising.
This is the one and it's purely for aerodynamic purposes:

The Turbos have a little spoiler sticking out which raises as well:

The GTs have a massive one styled in Essex:

Anonymous

Fluff if youv'e got 187bhp out of a NA then i hope you find that piece of paper with the mods written down, cause there's gonna be alot wanting to know how.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I've put my name down for the next generation Boxster for 2005/6 and so test drove a 2.7 the other day.  My impressions cf the MR2 were that the Boxster did not feel much faster, did not corner any better and certainly didn't break as well - the dealer did not like me telling them that.  However, the cabin was a quantum leap above the mr2 in lux and so were the costs!  I've since specified the S model.  Saving starts now!

Chris

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"Fluff if youv'e got 187bhp out of a NA then i hope you find that piece of paper with the mods written down, cause there's gonna be alot wanting to know how.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Yeah, me being one of them!!!

IIRC, the dastek chip takes it to 160, exhaust/filter may 3-4, so whats the rest?  no cats, ported/flowed heads?
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

markiii

for £1300 I doubt it.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

fast road cams maybe?

Anonymous

Ill scan sheet with all the work done and the fu*king rolling road print out if you want,

thats my rant over

My fat mate said that it was a carrera, not sure what those things go like.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fluff Monster"Ill scan sheet with all the work done and the fu*king rolling road print out if you want,

calm down mate, were just interested what you have had done to get that kinda power out your motor, thats all.

Quote from: "Fluff Monster"My fat mate said that it was a carrera, not sure what those things go like.

911 then... not a boxter which is probably why it left you standing.   s:) :) s:)

Hope4Sun

Quote from: "Jonny Turbo"I've put my name down for the next generation Boxster for 2005/6 and so test drove a 2.7 the other day.  My impressions cf the MR2 were that the Boxster did not feel much faster, did not corner any better and certainly didn't break as well - the dealer did not like me telling them that.  However, the cabin was a quantum leap above the mr2 in lux and so were the costs!  I've since specified the S model.  Saving starts now!

Like for like the 2.7 has not got anything over the 2 IMHO, thats why i went for the S in the end, on the power front and torque, the 2 does not stand a chance, the S's brakes once ya use to really pushing your leg down will terrify you on how good they really are (better than the standard Boxsters).

On the twisties though, well i have sports suspension on mine and i think its about on par with a stock 2, feels a little heavier on the tight corners though, compared to the Sportivo 2 i drove on the track, no contest the 2 would be my choice for smile per mile with that on, just my £0.02 worth  s:) :) s:)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Anonymous

Sorry m8, had a bad day in work, but off rallying this weekend in Oxton so should be fun.

Fluff

Anonymous

At 187bhp thats about the same as a 3k turbo set at 4.5psi. If you can let us know what's been done it will help others decide if a turbo is the right way to go or stay NA.Your output is the highest from a NA i've heard of in the UK. Come on share the wealth  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

...and why do you believe that it is less likely to affect w'ty or insurance.

I'm guessing you have had a head off, port and gas flow polish, right? maybe crank balance too?  a sort of "traditional" stage 2 tune.  Fensport were claiming good gains here - but 50 horses????

How does it drive?  If you have high-lift cams (unlikely, maybe, due to effect on vvt?) then is it even more cammy?

...all pure conjecture, but we're interested and listening.  Especially those of us considering the PE turbo route.

thx!  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Ill ask Gwyn who done all the mods for me, he used to work making trucks go unreal speeds.

Tags: