'Rare' export alloys?!?!?!

Started by Anonymous, April 26, 2006, 19:13

Anonymous

Hi,

Always on the lookout for a better set of (non-corroded) alloys for my '2, I found these on EBay this afternoon.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8059857302

Can anyone tell me what he means by "these wheels are very rare they are   export alloys from the 2000 onwards mr2 roadster - which have a different finish to the the UK mr2 mk3 of this era". Is this a crock of brown stuff or were there actually different quality wheels for export?

Rich

markiii

look like normal wheels to me
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

GSB

The only thing "Export" about those, are the J-Spec centre caps, which you can buy from your local Mr T.

Other than that, they're stock...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Yeah, I thought that.... I'm always wary when people post about how 'rare' and 'unique' an item is on ebay.... especially when they start citing third party 'experts'.... hehehehehe

Still, apart from a bit of kurbing, they don't look half as bad as mine (which have flaked off completely on some spokes!), so if the price is right I might give them a go.

Rich

Anonymous

when i was first looking at mr2's, i noticed that a lot of jap imports had our alloys, except the finish on them was more like polished chrome.

these alloys dont look like them though, so not too sure.

Richie.

LeeUK

Have you seen the arguement at the bottom of the ad in the Q&A section?
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

Quote from: "LeeUK"Have you seen the arguement at the bottom of the ad in the Q&A section?

just looked, anybody from here?

GSB

Well, I may have been responsible for the slightly more long winded question...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

LeeUK

So tell us, have you got a Playstation?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

MRMike

Why would you put those answers up for public display? What a muppit
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Sorry slightly off topic but...

Like the look of the J-Spec centre caps, does anyone know the part no so I can ask mr T.

Cheers
Malky

GSB

Quote from: "Malky007"Sorry slightly off topic but...

Like the look of the J-Spec centre caps, does anyone know the part no so I can ask mr T.

Cheers
Malky

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=142 m

Link Edited

kanujunkie

for some reason thats a dead link Grant, i know the link you mean  s:? :? s:?  

but what you can do is buy some sticker ones from Xdesign in the GB section and then use your stock hubcaps, just remove the stock stickers and replace them
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

GSB

Back on topic.

He doesnt post ALL the resonses, although I suspect he's now getting a little peeved with me:

Quote from: "Me"So, they're not rare at all then, or only as rare as the other 90,000 sets Toyota must have produced... You may have an opinion my friend, but I only deal in facts.

Quote from: "ebay bloke"The fact is you are been arsy with me over a phrase again quote (rare) This is not a fact but a phrase.Can I ask you how many set's of these very same wheels with these type of center caps are currently on sale on ebay world wide ,then get arsy about (rare). You have not seen the other 6 messages AW11_ sent me,I was pulling his leg. I buy wheels for over 1000 and don't make such a fuss about it all, cheers and have a good evening ,no I really mean it

kanujunkie

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

bloody excellent, do you reckon you can get him to pop!
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

In all fairness to the guy could he mean rare as in its rare to find a set in as good condition and not corroded and marked.

His English aint great !

edward.carter

nah he is having a 'larf

Quotevery rare they are   export alloys from the 2000 onwards mr2 roadster - which have a different finish to the the UK mr2 mk3 of this era
s:? :? s:?

roger

I suppose the crux is what is his definition of finish?

Different centre caps (yes it is rare, because not many people do it, but certainly not worth a premium because you can do it yourself), or

Different paint / alloy finish which stops pitting (which probably is worth a premium).

Or he's just spouting the normal e-bay marketing hype. That's my choice.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

markiii

even if they are Japanses market polished rims, the whole reason they don't sell them ovr here is that they are worse, they will pit and corrode worse than our finish
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Man.... I got a Playstation AND a woman!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

What does that make me? 'Rare' I guess??!?!?!?!?!

Oh no.... sorry, I meant 'not rare'..... the same in fact as every other bloke in the world who has a bird and a playstation... oh well!

I was honestly thinking about going for these, but regardless of the condition of the alloys he's just not the sort of person I fancy handing my hard earned over to.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Rich

Tags: