What is wrong with this picture?

Started by Anonymous, May 5, 2006, 14:07

Anonymous

Its really a ferrari 360 in a toyota bodykit!  s:D :D s:D

edward.carter

Quote from: "kj"Its really a ferrari 360 in a toyota bodykit!  s:D :D s:D
HAHAHA  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

That picture was taken in St. Augustine, FL area (Verano Beach, I believe) along A1A, which runs right along the wrong side of the Atlantic, where steering wheels have to be on the wrong side as well.

It isn't anything to do with the midget castle, wheels, side vent, muffler, sticker, tail lights, convertible top, suspension, Dev's keyhole cover missing (I have them now), or ariel/antenna.  It is a cheap but effective appearance mod as I visualize it to be implemented and I think a lot of people are going to want it.  The reason you havn't spotted it yet is that it looks so right, so natural, the way it should have been all along, IMO.

PET3R

no front lights?

or am i just blind?  s:? :? s:?

edward.carter

Quote from: "Beanie"That picture was taken in St. Augustine, FL area (Verano Beach, I believe) along A1A, which runs right along the wrong side of the Atlantic, where steering wheels have to be on the wrong side as well.

It isn't anything to do with the midget castle, wheels, side vent, muffler, sticker, tail lights, convertible top, suspension, Dev's keyhole cover missing (I have them now), or ariel/antenna.  It is a cheap but effective appearance mod as I visualize it to be implemented and I think a lot of people are going to want it.  The reason you havn't spotted it yet is that it looks so right, so natural, the way it should have been all along, IMO.
better go outside and look at the side of mine see what looks wrong coz like you say whatever it is it fits so well really cant tell!

Anonymous

Really big hint now!

BEFORE

Anonymous

Sills   s:D :D s:D

edward.carter

kanujunkie

widebody?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Yes, it's the sills, silly.  I never liked those stupid gaps.  It is a small thing, but details matter.  Case in point: Dev's Keyhole Covers.  I've noticed  while washing and waxing the car that those gaps are unsightly.  Many other cars don't have them.  It all depends on how the fenders fit with the rest of the body, whether they have them or not.

So I contacted Dev and presented my idea and he said he'd try something.  I had one idea and he apparently has an even better one.  I should get mine fairly soon... will be the first in line, at least.  I don't know what he'll call them.  Since he already had Dev's Keyhole Covers, how about...

Dev's Insufferable Gap Covers

Dev's Dreadful Gap Eliminators

That would be the gaps themselves that are dreadful, not the gap eliminators.  Whatever he wants to call them, I'll take 4 plus a few spares in case I ever have to remove a fender.

spit

Quote from: "Beanie"I don't know what he'll call them.  Since he already had Dev's Keyhole Covers, how about...

Dev's Insufferable Gap Covers

Dev's Dreadful Gap Eliminators

"Sill Fillers" ?

Get them endorsed by Sgt Bilko and they could be "Phil Silvers Sill Fillers"

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Good idea - me wantie!!
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Yeah, I think it is a good idea and they'll probably be fairly inexpensive, too.  He already has paint for the keyhole covers in all the OEM colors and has many happy customers, so that's why I thought of him.  There are a LOT of other cars that could use the same treatment.

Here's another one that could use some degapping (just one per side):

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-jkl/Lotus-Sport-Elise-135R-Side-1024x768.jpg

Anonymous

Phil Silvers, heh.

Actually, I'm curious as to how this mod will be implemented. In a side-by-side comparison of my car and Beanie's (we're neighbors), I note that my sill gaps are only about half the width of his. No two cars can be presumed to be identical in this respect. So, the filler would have to accommodate variations in width or be made to fit a measured size.

Also, I wonder if the gap flexes during normal operation, i.e., it might be serving a purpose of some sort.

spit

Thats a very good point. I'm sure all will be revealed soon, but I'm guessing Dev will be lapping over the joint rather than filling it in.

I still want a set though  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Keep us posted Beanie.

On the naming game, its a shame Philster doesn't have a silver car, cos he could then have a set of "Phil's Silver Phil Silvers Sill Fillers"

red lorry yellow lorry  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Say that three times fast.

No, the parts do not move relative to each other.  The fenders are securely fastened.  Dev told me what he was thinking of doing, but he may want to change it, so I shouldn't say.  I just get credit for being the certified genius who thought of it.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Putting AFTER ("artist's conception") on the same page as the BEFORE pic.

kanujunkie

so its nothing to do with castles then????  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

You know, I have always wondered why the '2 has so wide gaps between panels.  My A2's panels are so well fitted together that makes the MR2 look like a kit car.

Dev

Ok everyone on this side of the pond.  Beanie idea and consultation has inspired me and the project is near completion.

I have had the prototypes on my car and they are doing very well.

At first the paint was a bit bright but after one week they seemed to dull themselves into the finish and any line of demarcation is nearly extinct and looks great.  

So far I have named them Beanie's magic strips. I have a few testers on Spyderchat and would like it if someone here would like to be a tester as well so the fist person who responds will be a tester.

This mod makes the car look high quality rather then the gaps that make our cars look budgeted put together mass marketed cars.

I still have some more testing to complete but so far so good and the Magic strips will be available very soon at a reduced initial cost for a limited time.
 Just like on Spyderchat I would like to know your ideas and thoughts to further develop the product.

I have intentionally made the strip up front stand out in the picture below by placing it fresh on the car after a rain storm otherwise you cant see it in photographs.  

Slacey

I'll be glad to test them Dev  s:) :) s:)
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

While you're at it, you might wanna paint the "lip" under the side of the car matt black to make it disappear. I did that before I got the bodykit to get rid of the lip and cracks.  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

darrenjuggins

Hi Dev,

If you would like a Silver Tester 2DO  (pre facelift) then I would be happy to do that for you - (So now you have a black one and a Silver one for your tests!)

Cheers

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Dev

Ok Slacey thanks.

darrenjuggins ok I have room for you and that's it.

I will PM you guys with special instructions.  

I have many friends here and on Spyderchat and I would love to make everyone a tester but to be fair I had it first come first serve because in the greater scheme of things most everyone is good friend over the one year that I have sold these keyhole covers.

I will be working hard to perform durability tests and when I am satisfied the test strips will go out and soon as the tests are over then I will make them available.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Slacey"I'll be glad to test them Dev  s:) :) s:)

likewise if you want a different colour tested  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Dev

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "Slacey"I'll be glad to test them Dev  s:) :) s:)

likewise if you want a different colour tested  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Sure I will keep you in mind.  I have too many testers already and I have almost run out of the test supplies.

Today I have been sacrificing some of my test pieces for durability and so far they seem to exceed my expectations so hopefully this product will be available shortly.

Anonymous

I look forward to it Dev, looks good.  In response to Tems post, has anyone else done anything about the lip that runs along the length of the car just beneath the skirts.  It looks really shabby sometimes and have been wondering what to do about them.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Tags: