End of an era?...

Started by Anonymous, October 1, 2003, 20:35

Anonymous

Sad news...

Unfortunately I have been "let go" by my current employer and this, combined with my imminant move to Manchester, means that I'm going to have to sell my '2.

I'm very sad to let her go under these circumstances, but who knows I could be back on my feet again in a year or so and buy a new one...

She'll be going in Autotrader in a week or so but I will post in the For Sale group here on the off chance that a lurker may be interested in my baby.

Oh well, as they say sh1t happens.

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

I'll still loiter around here for a while, even after she's ghone I'm sure.  Thanks for all the banter and helpful advice everyone.  Hopefully, one day, I'll be back!...

--H--

Anonymous

Sorry to hear that mate.. hope everything gets sorted out for ya.

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Sorry to hear that mate.. hope everything gets sorted out for ya.
Thanks, I'm sure I'll sort myself out soon enough.  I'll let you all know...

--H--

markiii

core,

sorry to lose you, mate. Stick around though.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Gutted for you - on both counts.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Keep smiling mate, just think of the 04 version you can get, fisher price radio an all.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Commiserations   s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Bummer.  Hope it all works out quickly.

Humble Jim

--H--

Ditto to the comments above. It's a sh*tty thing to happen. I've been through it 4 times for my sins. It may sound an odd thing to say but hopefully it'll turn out that this leads to better prospects in the long run. I didn't enjoy any of my involuntary career 'breaks' but looking back they all ultimately resulted me in eventually getting out of poorer companies and into better ones - and I got broader IT experience too. I could have spent years treading water otherwise. All the best...and don't go too far away.
H&S Exhaust

dancarbon

Sorry to hear that H. Best of luck.

DC
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

Sorry to hear that mate, maybe the next one you get will be in the fastest colour...
SILVER   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"Sorry to hear that mate, maybe the next one you get will be in the fastest colour...
SILVER   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
I thought that HC's car was silver?   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

OH it might be i was just guessing it wasn'y lol.

Slacey

s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(  
Hope to see you round this way again soon....
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Humble Jim"It may sound an odd thing to say but hopefully it'll turn out that this leads to better prospects in the long run.
As it happens I'm 100% certain you're right.  Thanks though!

--H--

Anonymous

Glad to hear that you're optimistic, keep the chin up and you'll sail through this wee glitch. It's already been said, but these things often lead on to better things. My dad was made redundant last year after 30 years with the same company. He's now got another job that he adores, and wishes he'd done it himself 25 years earlier. I also lost my job early last year, but managed to turn the situation around in a couple of months and am much happier now. I know it's a cliche, but it's true - I know lots of other people that have used a situation like this to their advantage. Maybe the adversity brings out the best in people, so best of luck to you.

Anonymous

Always look on the bright side......you can go & find a new job that will let you own 2 MR2's. One for weekdays & 1 for weekends  s:!: :!: s:!:  

Hurry back now  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Sorry to hear that HC.  Losing the MR2 is not the worse thing when you've become redundant - that can be replaced.

I wish the best for you.  Stay in touch.

Anonymous

I'm sorry to hear that matey. I too face an uncertain future job wise. I hope you get back on your feet again soon.  

Geoff.

Comer

Good luck H.  There'll be a '2 for sale somewhere once you've sorted things out.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

zud

They say bad things come in threes.  Add in Leeds' lousy start to the season and hopefully you've now had your three!    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

But seriously, I hope things turn around quickly, and lead to a better job with more time and money for a new 2!

p.s. sorry about having a pop at Leeds... but as a Spurs fan you have to take your chances where you can!
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

juansolo

Quote from: "Hardcore"I'm going to have to sell my '2.

That sucks.  Feel for you dude.  In the meantime get yourself a good mk1 MX-5, should be able to get a very good one for around £5k.  You'll still be able to have a lot of fun in that.  If you need any advise on one, drop me a line.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

'core

Sorry to read the post  s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(   I hope everything gets sorted out soon.

Regards

Liz

Sorry to hear your news, hope that you stick around though, place would not be the same without you
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

'Core, gutted mate. Won't have anyone to NOT disagree with me anymore.......  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Hope its all Ok in the end mate. Will miss the hoards of info from you and the sarky wisecracks  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Take it easy mate, stick around and you just never know in the future. Hope something comes along soon.

Easy........

Anonymous

This caught my attention yesterday when I was briefly lurking. Tough break 'core, things will work out in time. You'll get back to your feet soon enough. Chin up mate   s:) :) s:)

Tags: