supercharger?

Started by bridster, May 14, 2006, 21:12

spit

Quote from: "edward.carter"Presume still looses the use of the softtopthough.

No this is all behind the firewall now Ed.
ST space is kept intact.

Gonna watch this with great interest  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

edward.carter

oops havent been paying attention *slaps own wrists*

sounds good!!! superchargers are coool, mate of mine used to have a cooper s soon as you put your foot down whatever speed your doing it just goes, low down pickup was amazing and that was only a 1.6!

red_leicester

Quote from: "spit"Gonna watch this with great interest  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

You're not the only one !  s8) 8) s8)
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

northernalex

Me too, sounds good!
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

loadswine

I like the idea of the supercharger, instant low down shove, but I wonder if there is an element of too good to be true. Inlet temps have been talked about on SC a lot, so the install may end up just as complex as a turbo. I bet someone will say its more complex. The idea of something different is intriguing, but it has to be reliable and fuss free for me.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

kanujunkie

Quote from: "loadswine"I bet someone will say its more complex.

okay i will as its going to mean the engines got to come out to do the install on the back of the block! and thats got to be harder than any turbo install
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

markiii

maybe,

a rotrex unit may be remote locatable and teh intake manifold can be changed (only just) with teh block in.

depemnds on teh kit details

having seen teh US install though I wouldn't mind cutting teh firewall for an access hatch as this make maintenance so much easier anyway
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

Just in case everyone doesn't follow SC, WEB3 has something similar coming up, which might turn into a kit later on:
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32787 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "markiii"having seen the US install though I wouldn't mind cutting the firewall for an access hatch as this make maintenance so much easier anyway

i agree, its no great wowsers to cut the firewall and then reseal it, its just the buttock clenching moment as you go in with a cutting disc thats the problem
[size=100]Stu[/size]

loadswine

I've had a few buttock clenching moments over the years with cars......  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   Maybe time for another!
The SC thread sounds as if it might work, WEB3 certainly sounds confident.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Prolex-UK

Hopefully no surgery will be required...............

Mrs Prolex will not be impressed if I emerge from the workshop with the angle grinder going & a demonic grin   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Fiat 500 Abarth Essesse 2010 182 bhp  lovely car !!
TOM\'s IS350 compressor 378 bhp 170 mph and still pulling on autobahn (sold :-) )
http://www.prolex-uk.com

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Prolex-UK"Hopefully no surgery will be required...............

Mrs Prolex will not be impressed if I emerge from the workshop with the angle grinder going & a demonic grin   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

if you do can you set up a webcam so we can all get the popcorn in and have a laugh  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Leeber

Are you planning to fit it to the SMT listed in your sig? I was wondering if you were expecting any clutch problems as a result of such a whopping great increase in BHP, or are you planning to upgrade that at the same time?

Like Stu, I'm not too far away either, wouldn't mind popping over to help/drool.
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

Prolex-UK

I am   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Case of suck and see   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Least way I'll suffer the pain not a customer   s:( :( s:(    s:D :D s:D
TOM\'s IS350 compressor 378 bhp 170 mph and still pulling on autobahn (sold :-) )

peppyuk

Any news on this?
\'In a state of mental numbness\'

Prolex-UK

been busy with JAE etc.

should be in 2 weeks   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Prolex-UK"been busy with JAE etc.

should be in 2 weeks   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

i know exactly what you mean  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Any more news on this  s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

just a thought but i did a bit of research after markiii mentioned the rotrex supercharger.They do nice neat planetary drive units with a closed oil system.Now correct me if i'm wrong but if your getting e.g. 7psi of boost from a turbo or 7psi of boost from a charger the engine doesn't know the difference apart from the load on it.What I'm trying to say is couldn't you use an e-manage with uprated injectors and an injector and ignition harness.Alot of the guys running turbos are using e-manage right so shouldn't one of those look after any fueling and ignition issues?
Just a thought,looking doing a rotrex home kit myself and though the e-manage route might be the easiest way to handle these issues.

Tem

Quote from: "kaiser"Now correct me if i'm wrong but if your getting e.g. 7psi of boost from a turbo or 7psi of boost from a charger the engine doesn't know the difference apart from the load on it.

But since our ecu is measuring airflow, not vacuum/pressure, 7psi might not be 7psi. Turbo also creates some serious pressure in the manifold, which the Rotrex won't have. So I'm not sure if a turbo map would work with a SC, if you were thinking about that.

QuoteWhat I'm trying to say is couldn't you use an e-manage with uprated injectors and an injector and ignition harness.

Yes, e-Manage can handle it.
(but probably not with a turbo map though)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

spit

Quote from: "kaiser"Any more news on this  s:?: :?: s:?:

Dave has been offline for a while (Internet down) and I believe he's somewhere on the 'burgring as we speak....but he'll be back later in the week.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Prolex-UK

Update - I only have one technician working for me.........we are badly behind schedule with 3 other projects S/C'd Lexus IS300 Turbo IS300 and LHD IS200 Turbo c/w full AV system.........so far behind are we that my IS210 has been nearly finished since JAE (left on 4/4/06) and my Aristo is in bits (rear oil seal)...........

I am thinking of getting Steve @ Charlesworth to do the job for me to move it on   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Tags: