I think I know the car I want next & its not the Elise.

Started by Anonymous, October 1, 2003, 22:27

Anonymous

They have only made 8 so far and 7 are driven as everyday cars.  I'm 80% sure I want one.
Gull Wing doors, 4sec 0-60, 650kg, cheep as hell to service and run.

Anonymous

ohhhh RICE!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  That front looks terrible!

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"ohhhh RICE!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  That front looks terrible!

pah come on when have I cared how a car looks, the MR2 looks like a frog.  The downforce that front and rear make is incredable, it grips the road like it was glued to it  s:) :) s:)

Tem

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"the MR2 looks like a frog

That's exactly what I was thinking when I bought mine  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Doesn't really matter, since I don't have to look at it when I'm having fun IN the car...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "WoodenDummy"the MR2 looks like a frog

That's exactly what I was thinking when I bought mine  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Doesn't really matter, since I don't have to look at it when I'm having fun IN the car...

Thats how i've always felt  s:) :) s:)
Its like... for me its beautiful because I know its doing something.

Slacey

Jesus, that is fugly!   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Jesus, that is fugly!   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

pah, I will love him anyway and call him... well I dunno, but i'll love him anyway darn you all   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Tem

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"its beautiful because I know its doing something

So true!

I almost ignored the car after seeing the first pics, but then I started to see rave reviews about it in the net...and after a testdrive I just had to get it.

Anonymous

*prepares for flames*

but what exactly is it?

Slacey

It's a Dare DZ.... see here http://www.go-dare.com/dz/dzhome.htm
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"*prepares for flames*

but what exactly is it?

The British Ginetta Dare DZ

Chris

hmmm, kinda looks like a (slightly!) more sensible 340R   s:D :D s:D
and only 22K as well - the choice of cars gets harder!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
the silver one on the site looks a little like a zonda (or is that just me?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

EDIT: Hmmm, resizing that avatar has made it looks really shite and blocky   s:? :? s:?    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Looks like they started the design at the back working forwards and ran out of paper, paint or money.
  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Jesus, that is fugly!   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

Tell me about it.  Shocking.

Anonymous

I woulod far rather have their G4 which is beautiful and based on a very successful race car design from the 60's but with modern running gear....

Andrew

juansolo

Have to aggree.  I'm sure the DZ is a great car but I'd be going for the G4 every time.

Besides, there is only one car out there that I desire, just one and it's this:

Now that's a pretty car.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

Nothing better than a gorgeous Italian, huh?

Anonymous

An Alfa Romeo????

Which model is it?

Anonymous

Quote from: "victor"An Alfa Romeo????

Which model is it?

It's called the 8C.  Not as nice as the Brera though.  I wonder if it will make it into production.

juansolo

Alfa Romeo 8C

Looks very prodution ready...

400bhp V8...

*spent*
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

One of the few cars that would get more looks than the '2!!!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  
I "kinda" like it in a weird way.........bets its good to drive though, so who would care?

Can I have a go when you get it Dummy?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tem

Btw...since you seem to get many rare japanese gems in UK, do you have any Tommykaira's over there?

Anonymous

I have only ever seen one at a track and at a show. NEVER on the road. I think they really ARE very, very rare pretty much anywhere.........

Anonymous

That Alfa is gorgeous, but not sure its a gorgeous as the Brera, which is going to be the next GTV, albeit slightly modified. I hope they don't wreck it..........stunning thing........

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"That Alfa is gorgeous, but not sure its a gorgeous as the Brera, which is going to be the next GTV, albeit slightly modified. I hope they don't wreck it..........stunning thing........

Sorry John, I have to disagree with you.  The Brera will not be the next GTV.  The Brera will be a £100,000 supercar (if it ever makes it to production).

However, irrespectively of whether it will make it to production or not, it's styling will be cascaded down to the rest of the range, as can be seen in the new 156...

Tags: