What price should I pay?

Started by StephenBennett, October 2, 2003, 17:08

StephenBennett

I'm probably going to order a new Roadster (prob metallic). I'm looking at the basic car. I've never bought a new car before. we only have one dealer locally - nearest other one is 30 miles away.

What have people been paying for the car? I see from searching that the end of the month is the best time?

Any help & suggestions greatfully received

best wishes

Stephen

Anonymous

Hi Stephen

Don't ignore the dealer 30 miles away. If you get a Roadster you will look forward to the journey for servicing and accessories. Can't really help you on the price query though. However, try taking the on-the-road price and knocking 10% off. If that doesn't work try 7.5%. Cash, finance or trade-in. Everyone can produce a different deal.

I think it would be helpful to post your home-town name. Some of our members near you may have more specific information on realer choice.

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

StephenBennett

Quote from: "Roger H"Hi Stephen

I think it would be helpful to post your home-town name. Some of our members near you may have more specific information on realer choice.

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

I'm in sunny Norwich

s8) 8) s8)  

Stephen

MR2Blue

Try "Whatcar price guide" they have an email address where you tell them what you want and they'll provide contact with the dealer with the best price.

Sorry can't find the address.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

This has been covered before in this forum, use the search at the top of the page and see what turns up.

The MAXIMUM you want to pay for a brand new basic model is about £15800 but you can get lower than that. Make sure they throw in mats, tank of petrol etc... If they wont do it then there are plenty of other dealers around... dont be afraid to walk out if they dont give you a good deal - they will probably call you back and say they can do it in the end!

Good luck.

Slacey

Hope4sun (Andy) lives in Norwich; he doesn't have a roadster anymore, but may know how your local dealer works a deal.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Hi,

I would look at the internet dealers to get a rough figure and quote that at the dealer.  Thats what I did and got a Sable Mr2 with leather seats, mats and mud flaps for £16071.  

The website I used was  w www.drivethedeal.com w .

Good luck you will love the car!   s:D :D s:D    (apart from the rusty brake discs, which are already starting to happen on mine and its only just a month old!!)   s:( :( s:(

Peter Wright

Stephen

You have two toyota garages in Norwich not one
Richard Nash & Roys Motor Co

I allways deal with Roys cause they seem the most freindly & helpfull

Might be worth asking for a quote off them

BTW if you want a proper test drive in a roadster PM me & we can meet up somewhere

Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

This is an interesting post but am i right in thinking that good discounts on new MR2's are only possible if you don't have a car to part exchange ?

Geoff.

Slacey

Quote from: "Slacey"Hope4sun (Andy) lives in Norwich; he doesn't have a roadster anymore, but may know how your local dealer works a deal.
Sorry Peter, forgot about you!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rapid 17"This is an interesting post but am i right in thinking that good discounts on new MR2's are only possible if you don't have a car to part exchange ?

Geoff.

Nope, i did a part ex (ok, not a great price for my old car) but i dug in and... well, everyone knows that i got a GREAT deal on my '2!   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Hope4Sun

Quote from: "Slacey"Hope4sun (Andy) lives in Norwich; he doesn't have a roadster anymore, but may know how your local dealer works a deal.

Thanks for remembering  s:) :) s:) , Peter is right Stephen ,there is also Roys, when i purcahsed my car from the main dealer they were Richard Nash Toyota, i got ignored by  Dingles Toyota in Attleborough when i wanted on from them (this was back in 2000 though)

Must say that i did not have any problems with Dingles in Norwich though, they know me pretty well down there, you can haggle more now on the price front, failing that get extra's thrown in. Either way your going to pay far less than i did  s:( :( s:(  (got one of the first lot into the country and payed over £21K with fully loaded with all the extras and i had a discount for a cash deal   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ).

I'll be more than happy to pop into delaers with you  s:) :) s:) , go for a ride with Peter too  s:) :) s:)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

StephenBennett

What a friendly bunch! I didn't realise Richard Nash and Roys were Toyota people too. I've only been to Dingles Norwich for a drive. I'll be paying cash - no part ex.

Thanks for the offers of rides/arm wrestling to.

I need to drive the car again before I finally decide. It seems the hardest part is choosing the colour as the brochure is useless. Sable looked crap in there, but nice in real life.

Regards

Stephen

Anonymous

Quote from: "roadsterboy"Hi,

I would look at the internet dealers to get a rough figure and quote that at the dealer.  Thats what I did and got a Sable Mr2 with leather seats, mats and mud flaps for £16071.  

That's a great deal! I paid a total of £16200 3 years ago for my cloth seat, straight off the ship UK spec car - once I'd added an alarm and stereo. I kind of got air-con for free too, as I think the pricing at Trade-sales was a little confused!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I saw a Sable 03 near my house this week actually.. am very tempted to do what I never said I would, and change my first brand new car after 3 years...!!

Tim

Hope4Sun

Quote from: "StephenBennett"I didn't realise Richard Nash and Roys were Toyota people too. I've only been to Dingles Norwich for a drive.

Sorry Stephen, i did'n t make my self very clear   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  , Richard Nash Toyota is now Dingles Toyota (up on the ring road  s:) :) s:)  )

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

StephenBennett

So as all my local garages seem to be Dingles or variants therof (is Roys Motors?) Will I still be able to play each off against the other? I said I was new at this.....

Regards

Stephen

Anonymous

When I bought my '2 last year, I got prices from a couple of 'brokers' who source UK supplied vehicles at the best price possible.  My best price was only a little more than the import prices quoted, but to full UK spec.

I then called my local Mr T in York and asked for their best price, and after doing the usual on mats, mudflaps and so on, with some argument they brought their price down to within £150 of the brokers best price.

For the convenience of dealing locally, a deal was struck.

Just know what they very best price for the spec car you want is and then try and work them down to as near as that price as possible.

It is actually quite good fun and you walk away feeling that you've screwed Mr T.......which you haven't of course!!!

Good luck.

Andrew

markiii

no but you have stopped them from screwing you. which is equally satisfying.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I got an 03 MR2 from Bromsgrove with leather/ metalic for 16,100 with little hassle.  Well pleased with the service given

Anonymous

I gave 15700 for my 53 '2, bog standard with matts and fuel.

Pleased as punch with it a tell thee!

Anonymous

I got mine for under £15k!  s:D :D s:D

Peter Wright

Cheapest I can find is £15,266
Includes 1 year road tax

m http://www.ukcarbroker.co.uk/toyotamr2.htm m
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peter Wright"Cheapest I can find is £15,266

If thats a UK car and not an import thats a good price - good find.

Anonymous

Topgear mag (October issue) reports that showroom4cars.com is offering a new MR2 for £15600.

Puggman

PS
I got my 03 MR2 five months ago for £15800 including met paint. I got the lowest quote from Autobytel.co.uk and asked the local dealer to match it and give me a loan car until the new MR2 arrived.

I did find lower brooker quotes, but the websites looked dodgy.

Anonymous

My advice is wait until the middle of winter and then go looking for a pre-registered car. I did that and got a new car with air-con, leather and hardtop for £16,400 after squeezing the poor chap a bit.

Tags: