the MR2 TF

Started by Chris_h, May 27, 2006, 22:59

aaronjb

Not as Jinglish as the 'Man in Dandism' quote on Mk2's.. Now that is weird  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Haslamr2

Quote from: "celmacmat"What we don't know, is WHY OH WHY DO YOU CEASE PRODUCTION...Mupets

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=75]05 MR2 1.8 VVT-i Roadster Red Spec Edit, TTE Dual exhaust TTE Lowering springs
Ali Larter in the passenger seat...lovin it!!! [/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "celmacmat"What we don't know, is WHY OH WHY DO YOU CEASE PRODUCTION...Mupets

i know why, to make ours more exclusive!  s8) 8) s8)
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "kanujunkie"

Oh yes as more muppets write them off our little secret star 2 will become very rare indeedy  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

celmacmat

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"

Oh yes as more muppets write them off our little secret star 2 will become very rare indeedy  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
That is true...

I think mine is fairly rare already so feel quite smug actually   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I might have consider purchasing a TF300 if it was available in Yellow...Keep it in the guarage so in 10 years time it has done 200 miles and is still prestine and worth a lot of money....but as you know, it is not available in Yellow   s:( :( s:(  

Only Yellow will do for me   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

markiii

though strangely 1 yellow one is listed on thatwebpage
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

edward.carter

there is one that is scarlati red??????? anybody?

tf150 if your asking

celmacmat

Quote from: "markiii"though strangely 1 yellow one is listed on thatwebpage
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Did not spot it first time round...but it is sold   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Celine

philster_d

Maybe they didnt make as many because they know they are only bought by mad lords.

markiii

yellow always was special order.

theres very few of us with teh style to carry it off  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

Quote from: "markiii"theres very few of us with the style to carry it off  :-) :-) :-)

ooohh its so tempting to throw in a comment, must resist, must resist!!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

markiii

yeah I remember you telling me you wanted yellow originally but were worries you couldn't carry teh colour  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

kanujunkie

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Silverman

The Summer 2006 edition of 'if magazine' (The Toyota Magazine) - just out - includes an article about the MR2 entitled  EXIT AN ICON.

"Weighing in at just under a ton, the MR2 was on a par with great sports cars such as the Lotus Elise."

Amazing MR2 tail pic on front cover.    All very sad   s:( :( s:(     s:? :? s:?     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  .
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

celmacmat

Quote from: "markiii"yellow always was special order.

theres very few of us with the style to carry it off  :-) :-) :-)
I agree with you, it is easier for a girl to have a yellow car than for a boy (cough I mean a man   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Quote from: "philster_d"Maybe they didnt make as many because they know they are only bought by mad lords.
I think I have to agree with this as well, anyone who have met me think I am barking mad   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   but ...

I am not mad, I am brilliant, you just don't understand...
Celine

Anonymous

Quote from: "Silverman"The Summer 2006 edition of 'if magazine' (The Toyota Magazine) - just out - includes an article about the MR2 entitled  EXIT AN ICON.

"Weighing in at just under a ton, the MR2 was on a par with great sports cars such as the Lotus Elise."

Amazing MR2 tail pic on front cover.    All very sad   s:( :( s:(     s:? :? s:?     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  .

Just back my hols and read this article and I really liked the closing paragraph:

"time has been called for this evergreen sports car - at least for now"

hopefully a hint that it will be recontinued some day?

Anonymous

Created my first post earlier today on this topic only for the admin to lock it and point me in the direction of this thread, way behind all of you obviously having only read about it fairly recently.

Still does anyone know why production has stopped and if there's any alternative Toyota might have lined up.. from the reply to my first post i was informed that both the MR2 and the Celica are going..

red_leicester

I think production was stopped because the 2 isn't a big seller.  Maybe if they'd designed it with a boot more people would have been willing to part with £18k for a 'fun car'.

Not much official news on replacements, apart from the fact that it will replace both the MR2 and Celica (front wheel drive?) and will probably be a hard-top convertible and maybe a hybrid like the Prius.

I think.
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

kanujunkie

the MR2 and Celica are to be combined and replaced by a new Celica. This will be a 4WD affair, front will be electric and rear petrol, the drawing i saw looked similar in shape to the new civic, quite bulbous  s:( :( s:(  

oh and it had an electric roof  s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(  

bye bye to the good days of a proper sports car and hello to a 10ton brick  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

filcee

Quote from: "kanujunkie"bye bye to the good days of a proper sports car and hello to a 10ton brick  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
Hello Mr. Honda/Mazda  s:?: :?: s:?:
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Chris_h

Quote from: "filcee"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"bye bye to the good days of a proper sports car and hello to a 10ton brick  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
Hello Mr. Honda/Mazda  s:?: :?: s:?:

I have to say that metal folding roof on the MX5 looks rather good!

I have read the same as Stu on a number of occasions in the motoring press - however, we can still hope. It certainly wouldn't be the first time they were totally wrong.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

red_leicester

Quote from: "Chris_h"I have to say that metal folding roof on the MX5 looks rather good!

Me too.

Shame abou the rest of the exterior styling though, not a patch on the MR2.
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "gratz"Created my first post earlier today on this topic only for the admin to lock it and point me in the direction of this thread, way behind all of you obviously having only read about it fairly recently.
Actually, a lot of of us knew about the ceasing of the MR2 and Celica production for more than a year and there's loads of threads referring to it; this is just the latest one.  Many theories and Toyota claims around but the general consensus is because the MR2 didn't make the numbers.

As for new MX5 (and a bit off topic) the more I see it the uglier it looks.  The front just looks awkward and the rear is the same as ever.  I would spend my money on a MR2 TF over the new MX5 anytime.

Chris

well it looks like cystal silver is the unloved coloutr amongst the unsold TFs.. Interestingly, i wonder if you can pick what number you want, or whether it's spec driven as more likely, as i see that they haven't been sold in numerical order...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: