Turbo heat

Started by Anonymous, June 4, 2006, 22:15

Anonymous

Nowhere in any of the blurb I got with my TTET does it say about a cooling down period, which I think it should. I'm going to amend my driving by taking it easy as I approach home.

The other thing I've noticed with turbo heat since the weather improved is the temperature in the cabin. For the first time since I've had my 2 I regret not having air-conditioning. Once you put the roof up (to avoid a shower) you can feel the heat seeping through the seat back especially when it traffic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"I don't know of a car manufacturer who actually gives that advice on any turbocharged vehicle, however

Vauxhall do!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

It's in black and white in the VX handbook about letting the car idle for a minute after driving with the Z20LET/H engine in the VX, and I'm guessing it says the same in the Astra VXR book too as it uses the same engine.

I always used to let my old '2 cool down after a drive, regardless of how hard I'd been pushing it. What's one minute compared to how long you spend driving the thing anyway?

Tem

The Mk3 Supra manual also says something about that, on the owners manual AND on a sticker in the car, forgot the exact words though.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

spit

I think my mate's Supra import handbook said the same, but it was all in Japanese   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Like you Tem he follows a routine though. I'll have to start getting into the habit.

Bump to my earlier question  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  .....

Quote from: "spit"Not quite related to Turbo heat, but not worth a new thread either - I wanted to ask you guys about cryo cooling pipes for the IC. I don't fancy busting out on a full kit but it occurred to me that I already have a switchable cold pipe supply in the form of Aircon, albeit at a slight running cost to the engine.

Has it been done? Is it worth considering? Is it feasible? Or is it a bit Heath (Robinson, not stimpson  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

Just thinking out loud!
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

TommyD

Can I ask what are people recording as Coolant and Air temps in this warmer weather with your turbo?

My air temps when running are about 38, but standing still or in slow traffic after are going up to like 48 and coolant is running near 86 and near 96 when stationary after, then slowly coming down again. At what temps should we be getting worried?
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

kanujunkie

i was running an air temp of 50 the other day, but then i feel the air scoop is too high at the mo, i'm going to fab a break away scoop to aid the cooling
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: