Colours and acessories

Started by StephenBennett, October 6, 2003, 10:04

StephenBennett

Hi all

Anyone any Idea why Toyota don't do Sable with red seats?

Bugger

Why did you choose your colour?

Also, is there a list of MR2 acessories on the web?

Regards

Stephen

Slacey

Quote from: "StephenBennett"Anyone any Idea why Toyota don't do Sable with red seats?
No idea, I reckon it would look really nice.

Quote from: "StephenBennett"Why did you choose your colour?
Always wanted a black car, personally I thought it looked best in black anyway, and looks awesome with the red leather.

Quote from: "StephenBennett"Also, is there a list of MR2 acessories on the web?
Probably, but I don't know where!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I thought you could choose what colour seats you get with your car, and toyota only 'recommended' the colour to you? You might want to check that one out.

I chose mine cos it was the colour that i test drove and a sable would have taken 3 weeks instead of under a week for the blue one (i didnt have a car at the time and was driving around in one of their yaris')

Yeah, a list of accessories can be found on my web site (under the download section)

markiii

they do, my local dealer had just that ombination as thier first 03 demonstrator.

Though IMHO consider red leather, a nice deep oxblood colour would look even better.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

markiii

if they are saying they don't it will be because it would be special order i.e there isn't already one on tehboat built like that. Obviously they want you to go for whats already on route as they have less chance of you changing your mind.

Sahar Sun is a special order as well if I remember correctly, but if your prepared to wait and insist they can get the combo you want.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I went for silver with red leather and without A/C not only because it's the fastest combination but also, it seemed the most reasonable in terms of cost.

- In design terms, a lighter colour will show the car's details better than a dark colour
- In my opinion, the red leather is a classic sportscar feature
- I chose not to have A/C because a) -anti-flaming suit on- saved weight b) it's not needed c) £900+maintenance seemed a lot of money for something I would not use.

markiii

each to tehir own, but in summer even with the roof down the air con is well worth it.

In the winter it cuts deforst times in half as well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"each to tehir own, but in summer even with the roof down the air con is well worth it.

I agree.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"each to tehir own, but in summer even with the roof down the air con is well worth it.

I can see your point but my previous cars had A/C and I hardly ever used it.  Like you said, each to their own.

StephenBennett

Downloaded. acessories.

I shall ask for sable & red cloth

Brilliant!

Regards

stephen

Anonymous

Went for Silver because it needs the least cleaning, looks good & is the fastest colour.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Went for red cloth seats cos red n silver match well. Went for cloth because i hate burning my ass in summer  s:!: :!: s:!:  

Finally agree with the non aircon arguement for me. If it is hot enough to have the roof down, it is down, so why have the aircon on. Also the 2 lives in the garage so no defrost time   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"Went for red cloth seats cos red n silver match well. Went for cloth because i hate burning my ass in summer  s:!: :!: s:!:  

I have black leather ones, which I thought would be scorching in the summer... but I was very wrong.  With the roof up they get pleasantly warm, with the roof down, they're postively cool.  Never close to burning.

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"Finally agree with the non aircon arguement for me. If it is hot enough to have the roof down, it is down, so why have the aircon on. Also the 2 lives in the garage so no defrost time   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

A couple of days this summer it's been warm enough for roof down _and_ aircon... as some have said, otherwise it's like blowing yourself with a hairdryer.

Besides, sometimes it's that hot that the roof up or lots of sun lotion are the one way to go... and then you will want aircon.

And then as Markiii has mentioned, there's the whole demisting upside.

Anonymous

So why does the leather sofa in my house become umcomfortably warm in summer?

Also never had aircon on my bike & had no problems there either    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"So why does the leather sofa in my house become umcomfortably warm in summer?

Also never had aircon on my bike & had no problems there either    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Perhaps it's the matt finish on them.  I dunno.  As I saw I was expecting some pain, but was just plain wrong.

Anonymous

Now i am intregued. Perhaps i should fit aircon in my livingroom  s:!: :!: s:!:  

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"And then as Markiii has mentioned, there's the whole demisting upside.

<flaming suit on>

And then there's the 30kg extra weight.  

By saying that, I am not going to the extremes of removing body parts to keep it light.  After all, I have indeed added an amp - although it took me 3 months to find one that weights just 1.5kg and sounds good...

Maybe if I was living in a hotter country, i.e. Spain, Italy, Greece, etc, I wouldn't even consider not having it.

</flaming suit remains on>

[edit] Strangely enough, in the summer the leather seats do not get hot. And they really are nice to have. [/edit]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Emmanuel"And then there's the 30kg extra weight.  

Is that going to make any noticable difference? I mean, some owners may be 20-30Kg more in weight than me, but is it going to make the car noticably slower?

I carry around an emergencey first aid kit & basic survival kit incase of emergency and i check tonight and that weighs 2kg on its own, add to that my fat belly  s:!: :!: s:!:   and is that really going to put me at a disadvantage to someone who is only say 10 stone?

markiii

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
I carry around an emergencey first aid kit & basic survival kit incase of emergency?

what sandpaper for the wheels and a plaster for the exhaust.
   s:P :P s:P

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"
I carry around an emergencey first aid kit & basic survival kit incase of emergency?

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  IM GOING! *throws rattle out of pram*   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

Is that going to make any noticable difference? I mean, some owners may be 20-30Kg more in weight than me, but is it going to make the car noticably slower?

Exactly. All this obsessiveness over weight (a kilo here, a few grams there (sorry, 2 pounds here and an ounce there for our US cousins)) is pointless, when greater gains could be had just by going on a diet for a week...

Anyway, I was always told that weight made no difference on go-karts; fat b*stards might not accelerate so quick, but they can take corners quicker   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Chris

Quote from: "markiii"

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  IM GOING! *throws rattle out of pram*   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

LMAO!!!  Absolute classic!!  I dno't think poor old Kris is ever gonna be able to forget those...   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: