Acceleration

Started by Anonymous, June 9, 2006, 13:47

Anonymous

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "northum"About the only thing that goes wrong!!!

Tell that to my power steering pump! Or to hole in my soft top!

Ok   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  , ...I meant on a regular and car specific basis. Like an MGF engine gasket.

We all have problems (well you all do...I haven't yet - touch wood), but none that can be classified as regular and specific to the MR2, like the pre-cats can.

I think the power steering pump can be classed as car specific, and reasonably common, and bloody expensive

Anonymous

All the issues I've had seem to be fairly common on the mr2 once you have cause to start searching   s:( :( s:(  

When the 2 goes wrong I feel there is a gaping chasm in my life...... specifically my wallet, where the money used to be!

roger

Quote from: "stevewarbs"I think the power steering pump can be classed as car specific, and reasonably common, and bloody expensive

OK, so why isn't everybody bleating about that then   s:?: :?: s:?:  Maybe they are, and I missed it.  I've had one go on my Mondeo - not on the MR2.

In my book that's not car specific. Thats the sort of problem you get with any car. You don't get pre-cat failures with Fords, MG Rover, Vauxhall, TVR, Jaguars (to name but 5 "crap" cars for reliability), and yes, before anybody says anything, that's because they don't have them!
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

markiii

Quote from: "simonp"It does amuse me slightly that whenever anyone posts a problem which involves anything resembling a drop in power people suddenly go crazy about precats - sure they have caused some serious problems for some people but it's still a very rare problem.

Look out the window - you'll see a sparrow , not an eagle.

I just think that anyone looking to buy a mr2 could read through the forum and blow the issue out of proportion.

any other problem won't be terminal, thats why we advise checking them first

thats just common sense
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "roger".....You don't get pre-cat failures with Fords, MG Rover, Vauxhall, TVR, Jaguars (to name but 5 "crap" cars for reliability), and yes, before anybody says anything, that's because they don't have them!

I think some TVRs do. I might be wrong though   s:? :? s:?

Tags: