Auto knock off

Started by Anonymous, October 6, 2003, 21:30

Anonymous

Whenever I go round a roundabout and take the third exit my L/H indicator does not knock itself off. Is there any way I can adjust it. It is O.K. when I turn left at a junction.   s:? :? s:?

Slacey

Mine does this too on certain roundabouts, must just be one of those little design flaws, I wouldn't think it's in anyway adjustable, just got to live with it I reckon.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

It turns off at about same place as in rest of Toyotas...but MR2 has a faster steering, so you need to turn the steering wheel less than in the others...that's the reason why it might not cancel. Assuming it's similar than on previous MR2, you CAN change it, but it requires cutting and welding. There's no easy adjustability.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Thanks for info, A job for Mr.T I think.

Slacey

Quote from: "Tem"....you CAN change it, but it requires cutting and welding. There's no easy adjustability.
OK...

Quote from: "cartell"Thanks for info, A job for Mr.T I think.
Er.. I don't see what Mr T is going to be able to do...   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Apparently this is how it works:  m http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turn-signal3.htm m

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "Tem"....you CAN change it, but it requires cutting and welding. There's no easy adjustability.
OK...

Quote from: "cartell"Thanks for info, A job for Mr.T I think.
Er.. I don't see what Mr T is going to be able to do...   s:? :? s:?

Fix it I hope, have you already enquired about yours   s:?: :?: s:?:

Slacey

Quote from: "cartell"Fix it I hope, have you already enquired about yours   s:?: :?: s:?:
But as Tem has pointed out, TADTS so it appears normal - I really don't think Toyota can do anything about it. And no, I haven't asked myself.

Tem

Yeah, it's perfectly normal for this car. I'm sure Toyota will be happy to "fix" it for £50/hour or so though, just like any garage ::)

Anonymous

O.K. I get the picture. Does this mean it's not covered by warranty.   s:?: :?: s:?:

Tem

It's a feature, not a bug...so it's not covered by warranty.

Anonymous

Isn't it nice having a 'feature' that's annoying.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Over heard a conversation the other day, (I know nosey git) so, whats so special about your car. Well, every time I turn off a roundabout the L/H indicator stays on, isn't that annoying came the reply, no, would'nt have it any other way, it' a feature you know, and I did't pay a penny extra for it.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

What we think as immpossible today, I will be the norm tomorrw.   s:!: :!: s:!:

Chris

Quote from: "phil4"Apparently this is how it works:  m http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turn-signal3.htm m

what a cool site - like wandering around the science museum or something!!!   s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "cartell"What we think as immpossible today, I will be the norm tomorrw.

I actually learned to drive with a car that didn't have the cancel-feature at all  s;) ;) s;)  I still pretty much cancel it myself before the autothingy hits it...

Anonymous

I too learned this way, on my test you were only allowed to use hand siganls. But what does that prove. Don't see your point. I'll probaly learn to live with it. I promise to try Tem, just for you.

Tem

Quote from: "cartell"Don't see your point.

That's quite ok, I rarely get it myself  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

I've had my new 2 for a month and recently I've noticed that the left indicator doesn't often cancel after turning left and straightening the wheel again, and I normally have to cancel it manually.

I queried this with the dealer's technician who told me that most left turns are often sweeping or gentle, and as such you don't turn the wheel enough for the left indicator to cancel when you straighten out. He went on to say that the left indicator not cancelling readily is a known problem throughout the Toyota range of cars, and that there is very little that can be done about it, as there is nothing much that can be adjusted, nor is there any kind of kit that can be fitted to correct the problem.

Normally I'd be more concerned, and I'd put it down to the dealer being reluctant about carrying out warranty work. However, after reading this thread it seems that it is genuinely a 'feature', albeit an annoying one.

Anyone else have any opinions?

Slacey

TBH it has never bothered me, but I guess I have learned to live with it - AnnMarie's Yaris is the same so it does appear to affect all Toyota's.

Anonymous

TBH it does'nt bother me, it bothers ppl behind me,  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   they never know when I'm turning.
I must admit I leaned to live with it although, it is an annoying feature!

I don't know of another manufacturer who has this feature, they all seem to get it right, even though L/H turns are sweeping or gentle  s:!: :!: s:!:
Don't understand it, you can get sweeping /gentle R/H turns can't you   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  but auto knock off works OK on these.

Tags: