Rolling road dyno runs

Started by Anonymous, October 7, 2003, 11:07

Anonymous

Folks

Just been checking with Hamish Lindsay of  m http://www.hlmotorsport.com/ m  on the current state of play on the dyno plots. They were working on them last night. Hopefully, they should be with me today. Would Grant or someone kindly post me an idiot sheet ( I mean in words of one syllable, not IT speak) how to get all the emailed data onto the forum. I know how to forward an email to one person, but all the technical stuff just leaves me f*cking cold. It certainly doesn't rock my boat  s:!: :!: s:!:

Hamish has offered a 10% discount to any club member in respect of the first run and will be "flexible" on the charge for a re-run. In my opinion he is a genuine guy with a lust for working on decent cars. He has said again this morning how impressed he was with the power increase showing up on the second run I had done after the H&S exhaust fit. Factory Lane is off the Worcester Road in Bromsgrove right by Kwik-Fit.

Regards
  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Regards

Anonymous

get the image hosted on a web server.

then use the "Img" button in the post message section to insert the image in the format of:

Press Img button
Type in web site address/location of image
Press Img button again

Job done!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

I'm not having the exhaust fitted but i'd be interested in getting my stock car on the dyno just to see.
How much do they charge for a run?

Slacey

Quote from: "RaGE"I'm not having the exhaust fitted but i'd be interested in getting my stock car on the dyno just to see.
How much do they charge for a run?
I'm also interested in getting my car on if it's not too expensive - I feel a dyno meet coming on!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Guys

Based on his current charges Hamish will do an individual run for just under £80 including VAT.

However, if some kind person were to volunteer to organise a Group day he will charge £350 + VAT. A minimum of 10 would mean £41 each and if we could get nearer 20 he would involve one of the major motoring magazines. Now there's something for someone else to think about  s:!: :!: s:!:  

Regards

mph

Quote from: "Roger H"Based on his current charges Hamish will do an individual run for just under £80 including VAT.

However, if some kind person were to volunteer to organise a Group day he will charge £350 + VAT. A minimum of 10 would mean £41 each...
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:     s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:? :? s:?  Millway charges £20ea when doing a group (last time I asked anyway..). Even Millway's standard hourly rate is less than this 'group' rate. What do they think they're gonna be doing for £80???
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Slacey

Quote from: "mph"
Quote from: "Roger H"Based on his current charges Hamish will do an individual run for just under £80 including VAT.

However, if some kind person were to volunteer to organise a Group day he will charge £350 + VAT. A minimum of 10 would mean £41 each...
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:     s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:? :? s:?  Millway charges £20ea when doing a group (last time I asked anyway..). Even Millway's standard hourly rate is less than this 'group' rate. What do they think they're gonna be doing for £80???
I must admit, I think £80 is awfully expensive   s:!: :!: s:!:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:  

I've never had a dyno done, but do know (mostly from reading IMOC over the years) that anything over about £40-£50 (max!) is too expensive. For that money you should expect some fettling and frobbing too.

Expect to pay less on group days (typically £20-£30), but correspondingly, that would be for a simple run, with no time spent tweaking.

Anonymous

I think if the £80 run included playing with the engine to get it running even sweeter, then i would be up for that... ifs its a simple on, blat, off then im with the others... bit too rich for me.

Anonymous

Guys

I agree with your observations, but mine wasn't just on, quick blat and then off. Hamish said that he has done up to 20 cars in one day on that basis. His charge for an exclusive-use Saturday is £350 + VAT. So 10 cars would cost £41.12 each, 15 £27.42 and 20 £20.56.

I was delighted with what he did for me over the 2 days. On the Saturday he had 5 or 6 goes at getting the car set up exactly as it was on the Friday, in order to avoid any variations from affecting the results.

I only mentioned HLM as a possible dyno-run company because people expressed an interest. I'm not at all upset by the comments  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  (joke)

ANYWAY, BOLLOCKS TO ALL OF YOU  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I DON'T CARE BECAUSE AT THE MOMENT I'M 50% UNIQUE (SHARING WITH GRANT!!)

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Anonymous

Quote from: "Roger H"ANYWAY, BOLLOCKS TO ALL OF YOU  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I DON'T CARE BECAUSE AT THE MOMENT I'M 50% UNIQUE (SHARING WITH GRANT!!)

until the rest of the jones's get theirs... soon they will be as common as clear deflectors and those lockwood door sills!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

GSB

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"until the rest of the jones's get theirs... soon they will be as common as clear deflectors and those lockwood door sills!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I think H&S would be very happy if that were the case  s:D :D s:D
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Guys

When I get my new styling bar/hoops fitted I shall be 100% unique  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: