MK3 and Spyder - Differences?

Started by Anonymous, October 8, 2003, 12:24

Anonymous

Am having a debate currently, what are the differences?

James

GSB

Are you refering to UK Vs. US models, (We say Roadster, They say Spyder?)

If so then its trim, alarm & Deadlock settings, Electric antenna, Daytime running lamps in the sides of the front bumper and no LSD for the Spyder.

Theres others, but essentially they are the same car.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

You mean Roadster & Spyder?

<edit>ahh, GSB got in before me, good lad </edit>

Anonymous

Yeha that's what i meant - sorry.

Ta for that.

Anonymous

LMAO - turns out this is what he meant.

Anonymous

Whats that... a MK2 with a soft top?!?   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

GSB

TRD Spyder.

Toyota wouldn't let them badge it as a Toyota, as the build quality wasn't really up to spec. They're very rare, and have got precisely bugger all in common with the Mk3...
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Yeha by the looks of it

Anonymous

Oh, that spoiler is RICE!

Anonymous

Quote from: "GSB"Toyota wouldn't let them badge it as a Toyota, as the build quality wasn't really up to spec..

lol yeah like the Mk3 is!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

GSB

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"
Quote from: "GSB"Toyota wouldn't let them badge it as a Toyota, as the build quality wasn't really up to spec..

Apparantly the roof is awful, worse than a Mk1 Elise, and a bit leakier to boot. At least if my car breaks down it'll keep me dry until the tow truck turns up!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "GSB"
Quote from: "WoodenDummy"

Apparantly the roof is awful, worse than a Mk1 Elise, and a bit leakier to boot. At least if my car breaks down it'll keep me dry until the tow truck turns up!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

lol point taken.

Tem

I bet that's handy in Japan, since they don't have too much parking space. When you finally find a small spot, which is always too small to actually drive in it, you can just stop the car and lift it there from the handle.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

The more important difference would be the ECU settings.  I would assume that due to different emissions rules, different settings would apply that could affect performance and fuel consumption (better/worse?).

Maybe the guys with a Jap import could clarify this.

Other minor differences (athough LSD is hardly minor) are as per aforementioned posts plus some other misc items, i.e. auto window raising, various switches and LEDs placed differently, non-SONY stereo.

Tem

Quote from: "Emmanuel"Maybe the guys with a Jap import could clarify this.

EU and Japan versions have 140PS, US version has 138hp, which translates to 140PS.

(even though ppl in Europe and Japan usually talk about hp, when they actually mean PS)

kW's are always the same...so note how MR2's 103kW converts to 140PS and 138hp  s;) ;) s;)  Here's a handy page to convert between those
 m http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/converter.htm m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"m http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/converter.htm m

Wicked utility!!!

Tags: