Forum Confirmation for my insurance!!

Started by leon_in_uk, July 4, 2006, 09:03

leon_in_uk

hi guys,

i had my insurance stuff come through the post yesterday from Adrian Flux...

There are loads of things i have to complete -loads.. never had this problem before...

They want me to prove im part of an owners club! how can i do this? is there a standard letter or something?

many thanks
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

markiii

PM Liz and she can sort it for you
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

leon_in_uk

cheers
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

philster_d

wow did they ask "are you a member of an owners club?" I never heard that one before.

aaronjb

Quote from: "philster_d"wow did they ask "are you a member of an owners club?" I never heard that one before.

Standard question from Flux in my experience (and A-Plan)

I just printed out my 'Profile' page from here and the same from IMOC.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

leon_in_uk

and they was ok with your profile page?

iv asked liz for confirmation, but if i can get away with the profile then i will print that off.

i have to fill in about the imobiliser, the springs and more information its like a big document of stuff i have to complete, normally im used to doing it over the phone.
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Liz

Take it you don't want the letter now then?  Let me know.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

kanujunkie

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"i have to fill in about the imobiliser, the springs and more information its like a big document of stuff i have to complete, normally I'm used to doing it over the phone.

a modified vehicle report is normal with a lot of insurance companies
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

philster_d

Well I am with AF I dont recall being asked. Maybe I could have got the premium down a bit.

leon_in_uk

well i told them i had a cheaper quote from norwich union. and they dropped the prive from £655 to £549...

they asked if i was a member of a club, and other little things they could drop it by.....

i consider £549 excellent been as i have a group 13 car 22 and 6 points on my licence...

yippee
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

aaronjb

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"and they was ok with your profile page?

Well they never complained.  I could be uninsured for all I know, but if I am they never told me.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Gazz

I'm also with Adrian Flux and I was asked if I was a member of an owners club, actually if I recall correctly, i think its on the form they send out.

I told them I was a member of this site and they just asked for the link to check it out.

I think it reduced my insurance by just over £20
[size=80]Lotus Elise 111R, Larini Sports Exhaust [/size]

roger

Quote from: "philster_d"Well I am with AF I dont recall being asked. Maybe I could have got the premium down a bit.

I wasn't either, try next time!
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"i have 6 points on my licence...

Can I ask what for? Certainly can't be speeding, as your cars very rarely seem to work, let alone go fast enough to get caught by a GATSO...

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

leon_in_uk

on 14th july 2003 got caught doing 59 on a 50 on the motorway on M42.

12 hours after

15th got caught doing 37 on a 30..

but the 30 road is by my house and is an empty road on a new estate they was going to make it run all the way into the town, and is basically like and the same size as a dual carrage way.

just at the bottom with a laser detector...

so thats why i have 6 points and it was in my little black corsa sport...

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

spit

*speechless*
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

heathstimpson

I just knew you had to be an ex modded Corsa owner Leon.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   What mods did you do to it as it has a lot of stickers on the doors  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Liz

I won't say anything about the Corsa apart from, nice shopping list on the door and that Barryboys would have lots of fun with it I am sure....

Just to say on any future letters required for insurance a donation of £5.00 will be required to the club funds, this covers the cost of the printed headed paper, ink and stamps and time.  I will send the letter straight to your insurance as it looks more professional and send you a copy for your records.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Gazz

Hope you put the passenger seat down Leon to spread the weight !!     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=80]Lotus Elise 111R, Larini Sports Exhaust [/size]

leon_in_uk

thanks liz...

i didnt do to much to the corsa...

lowered 40mm, backbox.. ind kit. painted calipers and drums, lexus lights and thats about it...

i thought i made it smart at the time, not to much like a chav, just smart enough. i was only 18 and it was my pride and joy. i loved it..
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

edward.carter

didnt know HKS did corsa parts lol. sorry   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

leon_in_uk

oh and the stickers were a free add on... i liked them cus they were silver on the black car.. IM NOT A CHAV THOUGH..

s8) 8) s8)
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

edward.carter

only jokin m8 you got mr2 now thats all that matters  s:) :) s:)  i used to have corsa too (new shape   s;) ;) s;) ) didnt mod it though  s:) :) s:)

dieamond

Quote from: "edward.carter"didnt know HKS did corsa parts lol. sorry   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

You don't want to know about some of the parts HKS does :p
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

heathstimpson

Quote from: "edward.carter"only jokin m8 you got mr2 now thats all that matters  s:) :) s:)  i used to have corsa too (new shape   s;) ;) s;) ) didnt mod it though  s:) :) s:)
The ex Corsa owners are coming out of the woodwork now; a bet Dan had one too  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: