This could be the one

Started by Anonymous, July 15, 2006, 08:14

Anonymous

After several weeks of looking we have put down a deposit to hold the following car, pending test drive and the other usual checks we'll hopefully be taking her away early next week   s8) 8) s8)  

Draggon

That.....looks very nice

grats  s:) :) s:)
Black 04 MR2 Roadster, Black Leather. David Style Chrome Bars (1 piece). Dev\'s keyhole covers, Dev\'s BL Visor, Small Mongo\'s with eagle stickers, J-spec nose badge, spyder rear badge, ST Crystal side indicators. TTE Springs :)

red_leicester

Why'd you go for SMT todd?  Just wondering.
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "red_leicester"Why'd you go for SMT todd?  Just wondering.

Why not  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

philster_d

Beutiful in white

by the way, anyone recognise the skirts ?

markiii

skirts are TRD
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

What about the front and rear skirts, are they TRD?

filcee

Quote from: "todd"

Good man!  You'll like it, I think.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

markiii

Quote from: "todd"What about the front and rear skirts, are they TRD?

yep
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

spit

Its white, Its an MR-S, Its hardtopped, kitted, and its got the red "waffle" seats.

Its an excellent pick all round todd. My first choice at auction was very similar but I just missed out on it   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

What happened to the wife's demands for silver and black leather then?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Ste
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"What happened to the wife's demands for silver and black leather then?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Never even knew that a white version existed   s:) :) s:)  

Not a huge fan of white cars as a whole but for some reason it just seems to work  s8) 8) s8)

Just heading off just now to see it in the metal so fingers crossed  s:D :D s:D

markiii

Quote from: "spit"What happened to the wife's demands for silver and black leather then?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Never even knew that a white version existed   s:) :) s:)  

Not a huge fan of white cars as a whole but for some reason it just seems to work  s8) 8) s8)

Just heading off just now to see it in the metal so fingers crossed  s:D :D s:D

only in Japan and teh US and yes it could be teh best colour on teh roadster, SteveMs for examnple looks stunning

philster_d

it turns me on

Anonymous

It turned my missus on as well   s:D :D s:D  

Deal done, pick the car up on Wednesday   s8) 8) s8)  

In the metal it really is one of the nicest cars I've ever seen, SMT box is very good although I was surprised there is 2 down buttons on the steering wheel and not a down AND up   s:? :? s:?  

Hope this weather holds out.

PS, Anyone want a MX5   s:( :( s:(

markiii

there are 2 down buttons and 2 up buittons

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"there are 2 down buttons and 2 up buittons

REALLY!  where  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I only saw 2 buttons on the face of the wheel with down on them, don't tell me they are behind the wheel or something   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

red_leicester

And there was me thinking you might give your opinion on the pros and cons of manual vs SMT   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=84]Jez[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "red_leicester"

And there was me thinking you might give your opinion on the pros and cons of manual vs SMT   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Sorry mate but after several years of listening to people slagging autos and smt boxes I tend not to bother getting invloved any more.

I like it and my wife likes it so thats enough for me  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"there are 2 down buttons and 2 up buittons

found it, thanks

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... ring+wheel m

red_leicester

Quote from: "todd"Sorry mate but after several years of listening to people slagging autos and smt boxes I tend not to bother getting invloved any more.

I wasn't slagging off the SMT.  Just inquisitive, that's all.

I thought that's what discussion forums were for.  Discussion.   s:? :? s:?
[size=84]Jez[/size]

Chris_h

Quote from: "red_leicester"
Quote from: "todd"Sorry mate but after several years of listening to people slagging autos and smt boxes I tend not to bother getting invloved any more.

I wasn't slagging off the SMT.  Just inquisitive, that's all.

I thought that's what discussion forums were for.  Discussion.   s:? :? s:?

I'm curious too.
I would never have considered an Auto / SMT type box before, but having just driven a DSG Golf GTi, I thought that double clutch system was fantastic.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

Quote from: "red_leicester"I thought that's what discussion forums were for.  Discussion.   s:? :? s:?

Not stopping you discussing it, I just prefer not to, I searched this site for info on the SMT before hand, found out the pros and cons, test drove it, liked it and that's it.

You'll find several threads on here with the SMT vs Manual topic, very informative and as many people have said, don't disregard one without trying the other.

red_leicester

Todd, I think it was just a bit of a misunderstanding, that's all.  I am aware of the discussions on here, and I'm aware of how SMTs drive (having driven one), but I was just interested in your opinions.  If you don't want to get into it that's fine, no problems.

Chris...  At the risk of (re-)opening a whole can of worms, and feeling the wrath of SMT owners everywhere, I wouldn't go thinking the 2's SMT is like the VW DSG box.  There was about five years between them after all.

I thought the SMT was fine, but the time taken to change up was a bit too long... or at least felt too long.  And it made the experience of driving the car seem a little bit more 'remote'.  Loved the way it got itself into back into first when you rolled up to traffic lights in third though.
[size=84]Jez[/size]

Anonymous

Woo hoo, look what I just drove home (with a hard top on  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  )

Very happy with it, just got to get the wheels refurbed and she'll be perfect  s8) 8) s8)

leon_in_uk

get anthracite wheels and you have one of the best looking 2's iv ever seen, that is mint mate...
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Tags: