Jap Performance Show @ Santa Pod - Pics

Started by Slacey, October 13, 2003, 09:11

Slacey

Can I just say that this was a great day out, and the place was packed, nearly as many cars as JAE I reckon! We unfortunately didn't get on track, as when we arrived at 11am, it was fully booked! There were a lot of club stands there and it would have been nice to have had a ROC stand, let's see what we can organise for next year....
Anyway, some pics...

The view most people got of the Sumo Power Skyline (1000 bhp!!!) that took the days honours, running the quarter mile in 10.2 seconds   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

A couple of MK2's... there were no Roadsters that we saw   s:( :( s:(  

Something unbelievable.... see that POS in the right lane? See (just about) the menacing RX-7 in the left lane? We watched in bewilderment as the POS wasted the RX, running the quarter in 12 seconds!   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  

There were a few interlopers on the day, notably a twin-engined Nova(!), an old but fast M3, and just for you Kris, this....

Andy!! Was this your car? We looked around, reckoned this must be it but couldn't find you... we went back later and the car had gone!

Also, nice to meet Jag, who was there with his awesome Celica...

If anyone is interested (and I know Adam, Lee and myself definately are), there are a nuber of RWYB (Run What Ya Brung) days at Santa throughout  the year, I'm going to be organising a day at one of these soon. Watch this space!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

looks like it was a good fun day out

Good pics slacey   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

be very interested for next year   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Why the pic of the fiesta for me?

Slacey

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Why the pic of the fiesta for me?
I know you like your Fords - there was a very quick looking RS about, but we never saw it go down the strip, so the Fiesta had to do!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

oh i see..... fair enough!   s:D :D s:D

Hope4Sun

Quote from: "Slacey"Andy!! Was this your car? We looked around, reckoned this must be it but couldn't find you... we went back later and the car had gone!

Ya that was mine, she was looking pretty dirty i'm afraid, plus the bodykit is being resprayed, new windscreen, brackets holding all the Carbon venturi on the back are being replaced and the wheels are going in for a complete refurb in a week or two, then time to start Zymoling  s:) :) s:)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Slacey

Quote from: "Hope4Sun"Ya that was mine, she was looking pretty dirty i'm afraid, plus the bodykit is being resprayed, new windscreen, brackets holding all the Carbon venturi on the back are being replaced and the wheels are going in for a complete refurb in a week or two, then time to start Zymoling  s:) :) s:)
Looked OK to me...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Adam asked a group of guys from your club if the Black GTR was yours, (after it had dissapeared) and they denied there had been a black R34 there all day!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Hope4Sun

Quote from: "Slacey"Looked OK to me...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Adam asked a group of guys from your club if the Black GTR was yours, (after it had dissapeared) and they denied there had been a black R34 there all day!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

I'm glad ya liked her, i guess its stealthy looks made it blend in so much!, no one saw it  s:D :D s:D  (or maybe Adam spoke to the other owners club?), i convoyed up with the White 34GTR at the end, made for some great photos and even better looks as we passed other cars, some of them nearly crashed, what with pointing and swerving all over the road   s:? :? s:?  

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Anonymous

didn't catch your 2 there Slacey.

only saw one other 2, a yellow one in the car park

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Why the pic of the fiesta for me?
I know you like your Fords - there was a very quick looking RS about, but we never saw it go down the strip, so the Fiesta had to do!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

i think that rs is the one that hold the record for pulling a traler, about 190 mph

Slacey

Quote from: "duongs"didn't catch your 2 there Slacey.

only saw one other 2, a yellow one in the car park
We were parked further up the strip, in the field - we saw the yellow '2 as well. You should have said you were going, could have met up!

Anonymous

Quote from: "SlaceyWe were parked further up the strip, in the field - we saw the yellow '2 as well. You should have said you were going, could have met up![/quotelast minute thing.
went with a friend in his evo 7

Tags: