TTE Turbo reviewed in EVO magazine

Started by Slacey, July 29, 2006, 10:07

Anonymous

When you read a good review though like those, it saddens me, why did they stop producing these cars when theres so much potential!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "bossman23780"why did they stop producing these cars when theres so much potential!!!
Euro 5 emissions and new pedestrian safety laws (although the '2 might have passed those as there is no engine at the front...).

Or maybe it's just about sale figures.

Edit: meant to say Euro 5 emissions.  I think the '2 passed Euro 4 thanks to the pre-cats.

markiii

Quote from: "Emmanuel"
Quote from: "bossman23780"why did they stop producing these cars when theres so much potential!!!
Euro 4 emissions

Or maybe it's just about sale figures.

and yet the elise now has it?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Lotus has always applied for exemption as most small scale manufacturers do.  Otherwise they would never be able to sell a single car in the US...  Even the "Federal Elise" (111R) is exempt despite Lotus having spent millions on redevelopment of bumpers, etc.

markiii

so Toyota will be making teh 1zz for Lotus only?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

According to Toyota emission info, 1ZZ-FE Roadster already passed the current EURO emissions as it was.

2ZZ-GE didn't, but it was also VERY close, probably just precats away...I refuse to believe that was the real reason.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Where did you get that detail from, Tem? As I understand it, the 1ZZ doesn't meet EURO5, which is why it's got a substantially different head on the engine in the Lotus (hence the lower power reading from it).

Tem

Quote from: "Ekona"Where did you get that detail from, Tem? As I understand it, the 1ZZ doesn't meet EURO5, which is why it's got a substantially different head on the engine in the Lotus (hence the lower power reading from it).

Sorry, meant the current EURO4, which was given as the reason at least over here.  s:? :? s:?

Here's the emissions for 1ZZ, according to toyota.fi:
CO: 0.55
HC: 0.04
NOx: 0.01

Funny enough, they are lower than the forcoming EURO 5 as well.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

You can find the EURO limits for example here:
 m http://www.dieselnet.com/standards/eu/ld.html m

While we're at it, here's the emissions for 2ZZ:
CO 1.21
HC 0.10
NOx 0.08
(true, that wouldn't pass even EURO 4)

Now it gets funny again, the emissions from 2ZZ in Lotus:
CO 0.67
HC 0.06
NOx 0.06
And again we have something that passes EURO 4 and EURO 5. Who actually believes Toyota couldn't do what Lotus did?

Even more funny, Toyota can't get 2ZZ to meet EURO 4 emissions, but TTE can get a supercharged 2ZZ within EURO 4.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
 m http://www.tte.de/sports_conversion.htm m

Toyota should come up with better excuses.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

That makes for very interesting reading, especially the difference between Toyota and Lotus 2ZZs.

More research is needed, I feel.

edward.carter

m http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarr ... turbo.html m
evo tte turbo review now online.

Two's Company

I preferred the Pistonheads review of the TTE;

m http://www.pistonheads.com/roadtests/do ... 47&i=14678 m

markiii

shame most of it was wrong then really

Two's Company

Quote from: "markiii"shame most of it was wrong then really

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: