MR2 Only Mag - SP240 review

Started by steveybmr2-173, August 22, 2006, 14:27

steveybmr2-173

Hi all, we are launching a new MR2 dedicated magazine, by subscription available end of September, we are have loads of mk1s, and mk2s featured, but are desperately seeking nice modified mk3 examples, or articles to feature, space waiting in issue 1!

Cheers
Steve
 w www.mr2only.com w  magazine

ninjinski

If your are interested in a TTET version drop me a PM! Mods in signature below.
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Anonymous

try PM'ing SteveJ, I believe he recently took ownership of a stunning well modded example...   s:) :) s:)

Slacey

Quote from: "jamesr1"try PM'ing SteveJ, I believe he recently took ownership of a stunning well modded example...   s:) :) s:)
Already mag featured too under my ownership  s:) :) s:)
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

spit

Just a thought - why not run an article on MR2ROC? Perhaps we could get a pub lunch organised somewhere Midlands-ish for a mass get-together and photoshoot.

I reckon it'd be nice to feature the whole breadth of the Club's cars and owners, not just the "pretty ones"  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Members who've moved on are in with a shout too then.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

kanujunkie

mines available if you want, the mod list is below
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

kanujunkie

just a point about your website, you know the midship runabout logo in the bottom left corner is applicable to the Mk3 MR2 only?????
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

I've got a lovely MR-S, black, full TRD kit and rear wing (the one which has the brake light set into it), colour coded air intakes, lowered 30mm with Eibech springs, janspeed muffler and twin exhaust, HKS filter, customised Midship front badge, Kei racing hyper black wheels in 17s, kenwood ICE, and one careful lady owner.

If your interested i can mail you some pics. Let me know   s:) :) s:)

roger

Looks like we got no cheap subscription rate   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  Any chance?

Might have to resurrect my IMOC membership   s:? :? s:?

And no links to here? You guys need to think beyond the Mk1 & 2's. There is another parallel world out there!
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

steveybmr2-173

Hi guys, im overwhelmed by the response, absolutely great, and embarrisingly enough I only came across MR2-ROC today after being tipped of by an IMOC member, sorry guys!

Believe it or not we have been looking for some mk3s for over a month now to no avail until today, I wondered where you all hung out  :-) :-) :-)

A mk3 mega meet and photo shoot sounds good too  :-) :-) :-)

Some amazing examples, I will get back to you all, we would be really interested in hearing from anyone with any interesting mods, event reports, or in fact anything mk3 related to feature on the news pages, as we say on the website its going to be a magazine for all MR2s, from 84 right up until this years sad announcement of the end of the line

I already mentioned to kanujunkie in my PM that we could certainly offer the same discounted subs as IMOC and MR2OC, when paying just email us with your user name and put in brackets MR2-ROC.

Thanks again for the interest and support guys, looks an excellent club and we are looking forward to hearing and working from you in the future!.

Steve Bishop

steveybmr2-173

By the way, sorry!! I will add a link to this site to our links page, Im also looking for some nice mk3 photos with permission to use on our website too.

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "steveybmr2-173"www.mr2only.com magazine

Erm, is it just me...but I can't read the figure on your counter. Blue on blue? And I'm supposed to have excellent colour vision.

And nice one on using the Roadster logo   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

aaronjb

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"Erm, is it just me...but I can't read the figure on your counter. Blue on blue? And I'm supposed to have excellent colour vision.

Can't be that good Peter, it looks fine to me..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

I can read it fine. You wearing your glasses, Peter?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

steveybmr2-173

hmm counter is blue on black..lol:?

I have added a link to MR2 Roasters Owners Club to our links page.

And also added the club to the discounted subscription section.

steveybmr2-173

Just out of interest has any one here ordered one of the last TF300 models?

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Ekona"I can read it fine. You wearing your glasses, Peter?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Maybe I haven't quite recovered from banging my head on that damn plastic thing when you took me for a spin   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Sorry mate!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

markiii

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"that damn plastic thing when you took me for a spin   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

that cover the whole car in that definition   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

*packs bags and heads for the Lotus boards*

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

dreambackup

if you like my pictures, mine are available...

pick one or more there:  m http://www.leica-gallery.net/dreambacku ... -5740.html m

and send your request  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

etc, etc...

it is not the most spectacular to look at but check the "down to earth" mods  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "Peter Laborne"that damn plastic thing when you took me for a spin   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

that cover the whole car in that definition   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Classic, that is.. classic.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

steveybmr2-173

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated, finally had a chance to look around, some quality examples here!

celmacmat

Mine is not heavily modified, but it is yellow and has nice custom leather seats   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

check that post second page  m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 1&start=30 m

and I can be the female point of view on the Roadster   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

steveybmr2-173

Featuring a nice yellow mk 3 in issue one of MR2 Only Magazine, that im sure  you will recognise, also hopefully featuring Lyn from Rogues VM180.

Keep them coming folks, as we are compiling a file for forthcoming issues/

Tags: