cost of a new bonnet.

Started by Anonymous, October 18, 2003, 11:13

Anonymous

Anyone know how much a new bonnet, fitted and painted is going to set me back?

Slacey

Quote from: "phil4"Anyone know how much a new bonnet, fitted and painted is going to set me back?
Why, what have you done?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Unless it's from a scrapper, I wouldn't think it's cheap....
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Slacey

I've just thought, YOU haven't got any arse shaped dents in the bonnet have you?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

No, no arse shaped dents.

Looks like someone's either jumped on it, or whacked it hard with something.  There's now a lovely dent/crease right along the middle, cracked paint and all.

Looks like this now:

Anonymous

Hmmmm.... Begs an interesting question - how about this dilemma:

If the girl of your dreams e.g. Halle Berry, offered to have sex with you on the front of your car, but you knew the bonnet on your '2 was gonna get dented, scratched and all sorts... would you consent to it????

..................I would!   s:D :D s:D  

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Some ba**ards out there aint there!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:x :x s:x

Anonymous

Yup.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"Yup.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

All right I admit it, it was me and Halle that did the damage!!!  Sorry Phil...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Sundance"
Quote from: "phil4"Yup.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

All right I admit it, it was me and Halle that did the damage!!!  Sorry Phil...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

That must have been worth any cost surely?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tem

Quote from: "phil4"Anyone know how much a new bonnet, fitted and painted is going to set me back?

IIRC, someone on SC mentioned that the Varis Extremor carbon hood was less than the stock one...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Comer

s:idea: :idea: s:idea:  You should see if anyone can pull that dent out rather than buy a new bonnet.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Cheers chaps.  I'm taking it in Monday to see what can be done.  The insurance cost (loss of NCB, and excesses) will be quite high, so it's lose-lose between claiming and paying for the repair myself.

Anonymous

If you aint got protected no claims then i would doubt it would be worth making a claim... if you are going to loose everything and end up paying FULL insurance on your car (which would probably be a lot), it may work out better to pay out your own pocket... expensive, but could be worth it in the long run (depending on cost of course!).

Hope you get it sorted without too much trouble mate.

Chris

Quote from: "phil4"Cheers chaps.  I'm taking it in Monday to see what can be done.  The insurance cost (loss of NCB, and excesses) will be quite high, so it's lose-lose between claiming and paying for the repair myself.

the exact same dilemma that i was in last week with my wing dent! I figured that as i was only 6 months from getting my ncb protected (hopefully! <touches wood>   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) and i've got a £300 excess anyway, then I would pay for it myself...

the panel was only 130+vat, it's the labour that really kills...   s:( :( s:(
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

FWIW Just got a quote from Toyota, £438.  That's for a new bonnet (they reckon it'd look hideous if they tried undenting it).

Rather than lose my 1 year's NCB... I'll be going with that.

And yes, I'd have Ms. Berry on the bonnet for £438.... but this time round I just get to pay the money, nowhere near as much fun  s:( :( s:(

Slacey

Quote from: "phil4"FWIW Just got a quote from Toyota, £438
Is that painted Phil? If it is, I don't reckon that's too bad.... if it's not.....

Anonymous

Apparently, and fitting, and courtesy car etc. etc.

No, I don't think it's too bad either.  My 1year NCB is 500£, and the excess 250£... so I'm saving on that, and the other upside, is I lose all the stone chips.

Tags: