2003 Headlights

Started by Anonymous, September 4, 2006, 15:49

Anonymous

I have had a look using the search on here and on SC, but find I am going round in circles re some sort of definitive answer on this one....

Is there..and if so can some1 point me in the direction of it, a guide of sorts to converting the pre facelift headlights to post facelift?

I have acquired a set...but keep running into schematics and I'm no Electrical Engineer, when i look for a guide as to how to sort the bulbs/wiring out.  Pics would be a bonus!!  Or an idiot proof laymans guide.

On SC something called DRL keeps coming up too to further confuse me!!  s:? :? s:?  

Im guessing I need to purchase an extra bulb for each unit....and the response on the wiring differences seems to vary from piece of cake to give it a miss.

Any help really appreciated.  s:D :D s:D

kanujunkie

DRL = Daytime Running Lights

and thats something you dont have on a UK spec 2. i have a copy of the pre 03 wireing, outside of that you need to work out the post 03 lighting. The projector lights are the low beams and then you need to sort out the side lights and mains. Just remember you need the power in and earth for each light.

send me a pm with your address and i'll e-mail you the lights tomorrow night when i get in
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

I'm assuming the plugs differ on the back?

going to order some lights today as the custom ones are going to have to be an ongoing project I think    s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

right then, found the bulbs

HB3 high, H7 low.............plugs?

Anonymous

Remember high beam = low beam + projector.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "simontan75"Remember high beam = low beam + projector.

low beam is the projector!!

high beam is the main reflector
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "simontan75"Remember high beam = low beam + projector.

low beam is the projector!!

high beam is the main reflector

Remember high beam = projector + main reflector

To think I own the 03 headlights!   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

I'm trying to say if you hit high beam, both the projector and main reflector must be on at the same time.

kanujunkie

aaaaahhh, ok, thats right then  s:D :D s:D
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: