Toyo Proxes Prices - Wales

Started by Anonymous, October 19, 2003, 19:29

Anonymous

For anyone in the Principality who is due a new set of boots......

I've done some shopping around over the past couple of weeks (which involved calling circa 25 Toyo dealers) and the lowest price I got was £237 fitted for a set of 185/55/15s & 205/55/15s.  

Got them fitted at Valley Tyres in Pontypridd yesterday.  Excellent service and a moderately decent price   s:P :P s:P   - (some dealers quoted as high as £300 quid!!)

Slacey

Quote from: "R2MUL"£237 fitted for a set
Blimey! That's a steal!!
I think I'm going to go with Proxes for my next set.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "R2MUL"£237 fitted for a set
Blimey! That's a steal!!
I think I'm going to go with Proxes for my next set.

I think I remember reading on here that somebody got a set for under £200   s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?    Now that WOULD have been a bargain  s:!: :!: s:!:    

Apparently they really come into their own in the wet so praying for rain now   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Slacey

Quote from: "R2MUL"Apparently they really come into their own in the wet so praying for rain now   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   Do make sure you have bedded them in first, we don't want another 'Whoops...' post!

Anonymous

[/quote]  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   Do make sure you have bedded them in first, we don't want another 'Whoops...' post![/quote]

LOL.  Will be doing my very best to keep it on the black stuff and pointing the right way.  Wouldn't want to be stealing Kris's (aka Kerby Mckerb) mantle   s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk":roll:

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   Sorry Kris - it just slipped out....

Liz

I can vouch for the Toyo's in the wet, not had any problems...yet!! Much better than the stock Yoko's  s:) :) s:)
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

I've just had a 10,000 mile service and apparently the rear tyres are due for replacement soon (i've to go in each month to get this checked). Is it safe to only change the rears or would people recommend only changing all 4 tyres at the same time? Mytres are doing A043s for £65 each and I know a local garage who'll fit them for a very nominal fee if I supply the tyres. So that'd be £130 for 2 rear tyres, supplied and fitted - this seems a good price since my local Mr T wants £115 PER TYRE supplied and fitted. So what should it be - 2 rears ot all 4? Any help appreciated.

Slacey

Changing the rears only is fine as long as you get the same tyre as you have on the front - mixing brands and or types is a no-no.

dancarbon

I got mine for about £45 each from  w www.mswuk.com w  and had Toyota fit them with the new wheels.

Bargain!!
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

Quote205/55/15s
s:? :? s:?  

Is that a typo? I think it is 50s on the rear.

Nice price though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lusaka"
Quote205/55/15s
s:? :? s:?  

Is that a typo? I think it is 50s on the rear.

Nice price though.

Hi Lusaka

Not a typo - there were 50s on the rear but I opted for 55s when I got the replacement.  Very little difference TBH.

Anonymous

Quote from: "R2MUL"Not a typo - there were 50s on the rear but I opted for 55s when I got the replacement.  Very little difference TBH.

Fairy nuff, but why did you opt for larger sidewalls?

Anonymous

Well there's little performance difference so it was more of a cosmetic choice.

Anonymous

Quote from: "dancarbon"I got mine for about £45 each from  w www.mswuk.com w  and had Toyota fit them with the new wheels.

Bargain!!
And who recommended MSWUK?!...

s:P :P s:P  

They fit them too for (literally) a couple of quid a corner.

--H--

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hardcore"
Quote from: "dancarbon"I got mine for about £45 each from  w www.mswuk.com w  and had Toyota fit them with the new wheels.

Bargain!!
And who recommended MSWUK?!...

s:P :P s:P  

They fit them too for (literally) a couple of quid a corner.

--H--

And who can't buy from them cos they only deal with trade?!...
me     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

GSB

Just bought mine from  w www.mytyres.com w . A full set delivered for £166, and then £30 to have them fitted and balanced.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

GSB,

You got your Toyo's from mytyres? I looked on there the other day for them and they said they wouldn't be able to deliver until May 8th. How come you got them?  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"GSB,

You got your Toyo's from mytyres? I looked on there the other day for them and they said they wouldn't be able to deliver until May 8th. How come you got them?  s:? :? s:?

that sounds about right - they quote a week or so for delivery although mine came in under a week.

Anonymous

Sorry Kris, I think I mis-stated what I meant. There was a notice actually under the tyre link on the site saying that they weren't available until that date. Saying that, I have just checked on the stie again and lo and behold, they DO have them in now!!!

Weird.........

Oh well, looks like I will be ordering those next week then! Hurrah!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

GSB

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "John Woodward"GSB,

that sounds about right - they quote a week or so for delivery although mine came in under a week.

Yep, sounds about right. I had the rears pretty quickly, although the fronts took about a week longer as they were out of stock. They also quote strange delivery dates, I ordered another set of tyres last week for my other car. I recieved a confirmation e-mail this morning saying they would be delivered on the 7th of May, and yet as I write, I have a full set of tyres blocking the door to my office.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

One thing I would suggest though, is to wait until you have all four tyres available before you put them on. The mix of new rear Toyos and part worn front Potenza's is nothing short of lethal...
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "GSB"Just bought mine from  w www.mytyres.com w . A full set delivered for £166, and then £30 to have them fitted and balanced.

What size tyres did you get Grant?
For the standard recommended '2 sizes  w www.mytyres.co.uk w  gives a price of £183.80

Anyway, just got a local tyre place to supply and fit and balance for £200, so I'm happy with that, 'specially as he originally quoted me £250 about 2 hours ago   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  
Gotta love the power of bargaining!

GSB

Standard sizes £40 front, £43 rear...

Anonymous

bizarre!

Tags: