any1 like these tyres?

Started by leon_in_uk, September 22, 2006, 16:10

leon_in_uk

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Summer-Tyre-T ... dZViewItem m

cheap is not always best, but they look ok... what do you think for the back, anyone know the make?
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

edward.carter

never heard of them and as with most things you get what you pay for. If you do decide to go for them, good luck!

Anonymous

Never heard of them, but I still wouldn't touch them. Toyos or better FTW!

edward.carter

yep toyos only £45 (inc delivery)

spit

If you're really seriously considering these Leon, why not go direct to http://www.mytyres.co.uk and have a chat with them first.....

....and order direct from them online. If you're going for 2 tyres or more they work out cheaper than the EBay price.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

leon_in_uk

nah cheap is nasty. im gonna go for toyo's £45 inc delivery now that is good...
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

leon_in_uk

toyo it is, only thing is, says summer tyres on there!!!

what about the wet and cold winter?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

edward.carter

there awesome in the wet too

Anonymous

I got T1Rs specifically so I can use my car in the winter and rain. Best wet performance tyres available IMHO.

leon_in_uk

bargain, im persuaded. thanks guys....

£90 inc fitting, happy days... the front are only gonna last 6 months anyway i think, so will get toyos on them then and see how..

ventura on front

toyos on back

end up like
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Anonymous

Is it even worth mentioning that differing tyres front and back are not a good idea? At all? Especially in the wet weather we're going to have coming up now?

markiii

in a ditch thats how they will end up.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

leon_in_uk

thanks mark your so polite all the while...

i have read loads of posts about mixing tyres and dont know if you try it ayy. the front are ventus and cant seem to find any that mach them.

and havnt really got money for 4x tyres...
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Anonymous

Then take it very slowly everywhere until you can afford a new set of matching fronts.

Else your car will end up in a ditch.

markiii

Leon,

I know where your coming from but your siking a whole lot more expense in teh future.

if your going to do bear in mind Proxies take an age to burbn off teh release agent so the backs will be slippy as hell for a good few hundred miles

not normally an issue, but as your ventus will be reasonably grippy it's going to oversteer significantly

by teh way are we talking about Ventus as in Hankook, or Ventura as in Goodyear things that try to kill you. as you mixed names back there
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

peppyuk

My car came with different tyres front and rear (thanks toyota) and while it was ok (not good, just ok) in the dry it understeered like a pig in the wet, headed straight on at a few round-a-bouts that I didn't want too, even while driving slower than some old people I know! Since replacing all 4 tyres with the same type I can steer in the wet, not to mention how much more stable the car feels in general.

It's worth listening to Mark and Dan, they both know what there talking about.
\'In a state of mental numbness\'

Anonymous

Leon, if you can't afford toyo's for the front as well then not much you can do if you can't find rears to match your existing tyres.
just take it easy. I've learnt the hard way you can't scrimp on tyres with these cars.

edward.carter

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"bargain, I'm persuaded. thanks guys....

£90 inc fitting, happy days... the front are only gonna last 6 months anyway i think, so will get toyos on them then and see how..

ventura on front

toyos on back

end up like
£90 inc delivery not fitting. fitting cost me £10 per corner so a pair fitted is £110

rtbiscuit

has anyone used the nankang Ns-2 on the my tyres website.

the only reason i'm looking at them is the same as the tng that were mentioned earlier.

do you guy's remember when the toyo proxies first came out, almost identical prices to those to brands above. all come from the far east.

is it not worth giving them a try isn't it what we all did with the toyos.

i remember i did, the only reason i bought the toyos 5 years ago was cos i liked the tread and the price.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

Never heard of those specific tyres, but as a rule:

Nankang = Ditchfinder

I wouldn't try them, simply because we know how good the Toyos are (both quality and price).

rtbiscuit

must admit,

just had a little research session and the nankang is a no go.

i'm meant to be buying some hankooks from markiii and its a spot on deal, and he's been really helpful,

but i'm getting quite tempted by the toyos, as everyone seems to use them or recommend them.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

I am looking at getting the Toyo Proxes T1-R's

195/50R15 front

225/40R16 Rear

£177.20 including VAT and delivery from  w www.mytyres.co.uk w

Not a bad price for a full set of decent tyres to replace my "almost bald" Bridgestone RE04's

I think that i have worked the aspect ratios out right to keep the overall diameter of the wheel/tyre the same.  s8) 8) s8)

Wabbitkilla

I've ordered those very same tyres this week from mytyres, at £176.80.

There's even a place where i live that'll fit them (at £12 a corner - yeah, that's a bit rich). Anyway mrsmr2 runs them, and although not totally convinced of their handling has been trying different pressures, with the result;
"Having said all that I am currently running them at 28psi front and 35 psi rear (or 27/34) and they have been great. Good turn in and the car feels like it did on the RE040s. The only caveat is that I have not given the car a good thrashing since I've had those pressures in so I don't know if they would produce less grip after a good run. "

So i now know what pressures to run too!
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Hopefully i wont have to pay for fitting because my dad works at a garage, and also maybe get my standard wheels sprayed a different colour at the same time. What colour though?

leon_in_uk

anthracite is the way forward. see the 'anthracite wheels on a silver 2' post
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Tags: