any1 like these tyres?

Started by leon_in_uk, September 22, 2006, 16:10

Wabbitkilla

I'm just waiting for Spit to drop by and advise on Diamond cut!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"anthracite is the way forward. see the 'anthracite wheels on a silver 2' post

I was thinking anthracite, flat black, or might go for somthing wild and get them done white!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

leon_in_uk

red and white, not bad! look cheap though...

red and anthracite like on the new renault megance 225 cup looks really nice!!!

a really nice combo, do it you will be well pleased, dont look dirty when they are lol!!
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Anonymous

Yeah i think red and anthracite woulf look the best.

I just have to convince my dad that he should do them for free now!  s:? :? s:?

rtbiscuit

just ordered the same tyres the on sunday,

got half the order, just waiting for mytyres to deliverr the front.

have found a place to fit and balance for £30.

anyone heard of tyre tech.

another question, does it matter who fits them or is it better to get big names to fit them like stapletons.

and wheel colour wise i would definatly say anthacite black.

i have contemplated getting mine done. they haven't really bubbled yet and look pretty good. but they just seem so silver.

any recommendations for azure blue. was thinking either anthracite or white. but not sure on a blue car. black looks good on yellow, red and siler cars.

white look goods on red cars, not sure on blues. possibly a dark grey, gun metal or something.  s:?: :?: s:?:
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

Which tyres, the T1-Rs? As for fitting, take the car to Just Tyres on the Springwood estate (just as you turn into it on the right) in Braintree mate, those guys are excellent in there and that's where I take the VXR when I want tyres swapping over.

rtbiscuit

they quoted me £10 more, but if they come with a recommendation i might just do that.

my old man said tyre tech starteed years ago selling recon tyres (basically buying them up from scrappies) but doesn't really know what rep they have.

Previous cars:

Anonymous

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"they quoted me £10 more, but if they come with a recommendation i might just do that.

They're not the cheapest in Braintree, but by god do they know how to look after your car and wheels. Happy to chat about cars in general, too.

Sorry, never heard of Tyre Tech.

rtbiscuit

yep am getting the T1-R's

got half of them, just waiting on the fronts very frustrating.

must say am having fun with just legal tyres at the mo, the rear is sliding out real easy and am enjoying gently drifting out of corners, country roads a re fun at the mo.

will be kinda sad to have grip again.

will defo go to just tyres.

by the way why are you plating stubaccas chest hair, and sorry to be all teacher like plating is splet plating, not plaiting. feel free to change are rip large shreds of me flame me etc, its a bad habit i'v got into, blame the job, but i just can't help myself.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Previous cars:

Anonymous

When you meet Stu (Kanujunkie), all will become clear...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Oh, and according to Dictionary.com, I'm right  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   s8) 8) s8)

rtbiscuit

i stand very much corrected, my most humblest apologies. its one of those words that just looks odd.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

i suppose i can get away with it, i'm just a tech teacher, i don't do english!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Previous cars:

Anonymous

Funnily enough, technology was my worst subject at school!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

rtbiscuit

its quite funny the kids love the car, some have started to sneak into the car park at lunch to go and stare at it.

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Previous cars:

Anonymous

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"i don't do english!

Really? You surprise me.

rtbiscuit

will teach me to be cheeky, got caught out out v bad, should learn to keep my mouth shut in future.

but you got to agree the spelling does look odd.

it is one of those strange words that are not spelt how they are spoken

Previous cars:

red_leicester

s:arrow: :arrow: s:arrow:

Is it bedtime yet ?
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

rtbiscuit

would agree with you on that, but do take into account i'm doing 70 hour weeks at the mo, and this late at night my brain is slightly frazzled.

my tech skills are good, and i must admit i avoid written work like the plague.

just had to write my year 9 reports, its like pulling teeth, glad its out of the way now. until jan when the year 8's are due.

i'm a baby teacher fairly new in. and never really been that academic. (don't quite know how i got a degree. but when it comes to practical stuff, i can pretty much put my hand to anything.

hence why i'm thinking of building a new breast plate (just got to find the time)

Previous cars:

red_leicester

You would agree that it's bedtime ?

Well, it is school in the morning   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

(In fairness to rtb, I posted up a slightly facetious reply about his spelling, then I realised I was wrong   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  .  As you were, rtb, and have an extra day for your coursework  s:D :D s:D  )
[size=84]Jez[/size]

rtbiscuit

thats ok.

and bed time for me is normally 1am.

anyway what was the main point of this discussion?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Previous cars:

red_leicester

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"anyway what was the main point of this discussion?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Dunno, something about cars I think.
[size=84]Jez[/size]

GSB

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"another question, does it matter who fits them or is it better to get big names to fit them like stapletons.

Of course it shouldn't matter who fits the tyres, but the sad fact is that its one of those jobs that an experienced caring fitter can do, or an untrained monkey. Kwik fit appear to employ plenty of the latter...

As a general rule I would never use a fitter who, for instance, doesnt understand or appreciate the reasons why the '2 has different sized tyres front and rear, and understands simple wheel related stuff like offsets etc... This rules out halfords, whose fitters simply think the tyre stagger is there to look cool.

Its a tough challenge to find someone like this, so I'll save you the trouble. Supertyres in Maldon. They regularly have some very exotic metal up on jacks in thier tyre bay, and its only because they are good at what they do. Theres a reason that the local ferrari restorer uses them almost exclusively...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

philster_d

I have had the dunlop sport tyres on for a while now and I cant fault them,

I can hardly ever get the back out when trying (and I have plently of power, stu knows my favourite way to u turn   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  )

It was much easier with the toyos.

These realy do put the power down, at santa pod (and generaly when totaly booting it) they screach at gear changes.

Nice, but around £400 or more for the set.

Tags: