I want, I want, I want.

Started by MR2Blue, October 23, 2003, 20:28

MR2Blue

The Toyota fuel filler cap cover, I know it's been debated before, I would like to get hold of one, though I'm not prepared to pay £90+ for one as part of a set (sill covers and filler cap cover, I think).

Nobody in the previous posts suggested an alternative, does anybody know of where I can get hold of one or a similar sort of thing   s:?: :?: s:?:

Tem

You mean this one?
 m http://www.japanparts.com/New_web/TOYOT ... /00535.JPG m

Seems to be £56 on Japanparts...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

MR2Blue

Thanks anyway Tem, unfortunately that isn't the one I mean and I can't find the previous post to refer you to.
The one I'm after is just a stick on chrome/stainless ring with what looks like allen screws on it,  the same diameter as the fuel filler cover.
I'l have a look around the posts tomorrow, see what I can find.  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

you mean this one:

m http://www.mr2-roadster.co.uk/files/sports-1.pdf m

If you dont want to pay Mr T prices, and if your not worried about it being a toyota one then you could always try the rice boy section of halfords and see what stick on ones they have.

Anonymous

Do you mean something like this?

Is this the same Jap 3000 gtinter as we know him  s:?: :?: s:?:  Sorry photo not very clear.

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7424 m

Anonymous

We have one   s:D :D s:D  

See if you can spot it

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"you mean this one:

m http://www.mr2-roadster.co.uk/files/sports-1.pdf m

If you dont want to pay Mr T prices, and if your not worried about it being a toyota one then you could always try the rice boy section of halfords and see what stick on ones they have.
This is the one I bought from Toyota from new. I believe I paid for it on its own and it wasn't much (will look up when I get home). The problem is its coming away and looks a bit too much like a stuck on add on. I was going to look at something better  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I have one just looking through my pics

Anonymous

[/img]

Tem

I wonder...why don't they make that sticker (or whatever it is?) a bit bigger, so it would cover the hole around the lid...making it look flush and not a sticker...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I just think it looks cheap and stuck on (but we all know its not cheap cos its Mr T prices!). still, thats just my views on it.... too halfords rice boy for me   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  (no offence though bigun, you know what im like!)

Anonymous

Its ok mate - i just think it breaks up that vast expanse of "thigh" on the MR2, looks best on a black MR2 IMHO.

MR2Blue

Sorry I haven't got back sooner, working over the weekend and had a problem to sort out (see other post "Cost of another new bonnett").

Yes, bigun007, jag and krisclark, that's the one I want, can I buy it anywhere on its own  s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

Well it sounds like you can buy it on its own from Mr T, but not sure how much it is - remember, its only stuck on plastic-type-stuff.

Anonymous

And make sure you stick it on straight as Mr T didn't adn they had to remove and re-fit mine   s:? :? s:?

MR2Blue

Thanks to both of you.   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

There's someone on SC who is thinking of fitting a Sparco fuel filler cap. Tried to find one in this country, no success. I'll try and find link again and post it.

Anonymous

Here's the link to filler caps not sure if they would fit ours!
Click on steering wheels, then accessories.

m http://www.sparcousa.com/ m

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Well it sounds like you can buy it on its own from Mr T, but not sure how much it is - remember, its only stuck on plastic-type-stuff.
I paid £50 + Vat as one of the extras I had from new.

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"I paid £50 + Vat as one of the extras I had from new.
HOW MUCH!!! feck me, they saw you coming   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  

(only joking mate... but JESUS!)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"I paid £50 + Vat as one of the extras I had from new.
HOW MUCH!!! feck me, they saw you coming   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  

I know; the prices quoted didn't seem to match the invoice I got. They cocked it up a bit...  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

MR2Blue

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "krisclarkuk"

I know; the prices quoted didn't seem to match the invoice I got. They cocked it up a bit...  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Do you still have the invoice with the part number  s:?: :?: s:?:   I've been in to Mr T's today for a price and he says that they still only come as part of a kit.

Thanks.

Tags: