A couple of random questions

Started by Anonymous, October 26, 2006, 20:03

Anonymous

1.  How does the red paint hold up?  Does it fade badly over time?
2.  At what revs does the cam timing change?

Cheers

red_leicester

1. Mine looks great still (September 01 car).  If you clean it and give it the odd polish it'll look grand   s8) 8) s8)  

2. I think it's continuously variable, so no specific rpm.  You might be thinking of the VVTL-i engine in the Celica, where some gubbins happens with the cams at about 6000 rpm IIRC.
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

Wabbitkilla

Continuously VVTI, but i notice a bit of a step change around 4200rpm.
The engine seems to come on song very satisfyingly.

Not as impressive as the vvlti, but still fun!
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

normanh

I have a red 2 it was "Supaguarded " earlier this year when I purchased the car and the finish looks super. I look after it giving it a good clean and wax on a regualr basis. This is the second red coloured clour I have had in the past 13 odd years and colour fading has never been an issue for me.

normanh

Beowulf

Mine also is a 2001 car and still looks good (when I get round to washing it lol).  s8) 8) s8)
Entropy always increces.

2001 red 46K stock (apart from de-badging on my rear (ooh err)) never had a problem in 5 years!  (touches wood quickly)

spit

High-mileage '99 still looks red until I park it next to a newer one  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ... but I'm assured by one of our polishing gurus that we can get that richness back with a bit of TLC.

I'm guessing your question arises from the number of orange Mk2s that are out there!? It seems our paint holds up much better.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Tags: