Would sparco seats etc fit in 06 reg easily

Started by Anonymous, October 30, 2006, 20:23

Anonymous

I have decided to keep my car and am going to mod it slightly as I am a bit bored and wish I'd got some swizzy interior!

I really want some blue and blk sparcos or similar

Thanks for any advice you can offer

Anonymous

Depends on the seats in question: A lot of aftermarket ones won't fit due the relatively small cabin we have. Also, you'll need to make up some custom brackets for them to bolt onto, as (AFAIK) no-one makes a set for the '2.

scottish_turbo

You buy the seat and the base adaptor for the seat to fit to the floor of the car.

This is the fitting instructions -

http://www.sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/20.pdf

application guide -

http://www.sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/30.pdf

seat dimensions are available on the website too

there is listings for the mr2 roadster on here.

davidhowson

If you do swap for some sparco / OMP / Recaro and you want to sell your standard seats, let me know!! - David

Anonymous

been looking at this myself due to the 'two' having a cream leather retrim, not my cup of tea to br honest

markiii

biggest issssue  is making sure they aren't any higher than teh stock items.

if someone can find seats and brackets that do that out of the box, I'd be interested.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

dieamond

Quote from: "markiii"if someone can find seats and brackets that do that out of the box, I'd be interested.

I have !

s:-D :-D s:-D
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

markiii

going to share then Arnaud?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

dieamond

TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia

Anonymous

How much were they mate?

dieamond

You need :
- Bride rails, 350 Euros for the pair
- If you take side mounting seats like me, 2 fixations, 80 euros for the pair
- Roadster 2 seats, 500 euros each

Total : 1430 Euros

markiii

ouch, there goes next years bonus  s:-( :-( s:-(

so they are definately no higher than stock?

dieamond

Quote from: "markiii"so they are definately no higher than stock?

nope

driving position is different, but it's very good and I'm not higher

if you take bottom mount seats, like sparco milano you should sit lower than stock

markiii

thanks,

If I do it though I would likely go for thsoe same seats, being toying with it since I saw Franks in his MK2 at JAE

dieamond

Quote from: "markiii"thanks,

If I do it though I would likely go for thsoe same seats, being toying with it since I saw Franks in his MK2 at JAE

OK

Maybe you should look at the different Bride rails, those are MO type, but there are some dedicated to side mounting, like the RO

heathstimpson

Quote from: "dieamond"

nope

if you take bottom mount seats, like sparco milano you should sit lower than stock
How's the comfort level compared to stock  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

dieamond

I use my car every day

I have done 300km to go to the track a friday, 200km on track saturday and 300km to come back from the track the sunday

I find the confort ok

For me confort is more a question of position so it's fine for me.

Anonymous

Can you supply all these items Arnaud? Are the prices you have quoted for buying them through MRS Passion? Thanks  s:) :) s:)

dieamond

Quote from: "SteveM"Can you supply all these items Arnaud? Are the prices you have quoted for buying them through MRS Passion? Thanks  s:) :) s:)

yes I can supply them, and yes I can sell them to you at this price

I have a correct rebate @Sparco

Add 60 or 70 Euros to ship the whole big package to UK thought  s;-) ;-) s;-)

markiii

Arnaud, do you have teh bride part numbers? I'd like to add this to teh library

dieamond

Quote from: "markiii"Arnaud, do you have the bride part numbers? I'd like to add this to the library

T051 and T052, don't remember which one is left and which one is right

To this part number, you add the type or rail you want, ie T051MO  :-) :-) :-)

m http://www.tees-usa.com/seatrail.html m

Anonymous

Quote from: "dieamond"

nope

Arnaud I thought I had read somewhere that the Roadster seat could be  either base or side mounted? If so do you think it could be made to fit even lower than stock by base mounting it? Also were the side mounting brackets that you used Bride or Sparco parts?

dieamond

OK, it won't be easy for me to explain in english, I'll try thought

Bottom mount seats (Sparco Milano for example) base is flat
So you just put them on the rails, put 4 bolts and you're done

Full buckets, from Sparco Evo to Sparco Roadster have a curved bottom

If you side mount them, you have to put them 3cm above the rail, which is generally the side brackets lowest settings

To bottom mount them, you need to up them using an "high mount kit" like this :

I hope I'm clear  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

That's great Arnaud I understand fully  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

I think I have well and truly placed this task in the "Too difficult box!"

Tags: