Would sparco seats etc fit in 06 reg easily

Started by Anonymous, October 30, 2006, 20:23

Anonymous

Havnt come back with freight yet matey  (i'll let you know when they do)  but I know I'm going to go with Takakaira because I've been using them for years and have always been happy

Must not order the bride seats......must not order the bride seats.....mu

Anonymous

No problem  s:) :) s:)   The Gias is stunning isn't it!

Anonymous

It is matey, problem i have is that I have my power fund in the bank, but until i make descision on which way i'm going, I dont know how much is going to be spoken for?

they are stunning tho

Anonymous

Just showed my mrs the GIAS seats and she reckons i should go for those as I would not need to pay out on a retrim   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

do we know that they will defo fit dimensions wise, as the takakaira site doesnt  say much on that side

(just thinking out loud, not saying I'm buyingthem!)

markiii

if anybody is interested I've asked a supplier about fabbing up seat runners that are based on the bride design (if we hasd a pair to use as a guide) Perry hint hint  :-) :-) :-)

I'm waiting to see if it's doable and what the cost will be
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

well I'll defo be having the runners if nothing else, i'm sure I can do without them for a bit if its worth my while   s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveM"I'd love the new Recaro Sportster seat because it is a lightweight shell seat but also a recliner so you could still access the rear storage bins. The problem is like the Bride Gias though, it's very expensive at about £775 each from Demon Tweeks! I'm sure I've read somewhere that Recaro do runners too but again I think it was in the US.

This is the Recaro seats:

m http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=491&region=1&L=2 m

Anyone up for a group buy!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

very similar to the s2000 seats

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/pts/228925707.html

recaro

no wonder they are going missing

m http://www.hondahookup.com/forums/showt ... p?t=109744 m

saw a pair in black leather go for £399 on e-bay day before last

alancdavis

I still like the look of the center consul in the photo   s:!: :!: s:!:  

has any one fit a consul yet   s:?: :?: s:?:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"The GIAS

$1382 each !!

Wouldnt mind just one of those, i could do with being a bit lower down, seing as im 6'3"! and there is the small problem of the £730 price tag!

Anonymous

Quote from: "alancdavis"I still like the look of the center consul in the photo   s:!: :!: s:!:  

My old neighbour has, I'll see if i can get him to take some pics  (complete replacement)

dieamond

Quote from: "alancdavis"I still like the look of the center consul in the photo   s:!: :!: s:!:  

on my photos ?
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Anonymous

The GIAS low max in the roadster   (thanks to Arnaud)

m http://www.bride-jp.com/sample_mr_s.html m

aaronjb

"Mind that truck!"
"What truck?  All I can see is this damn steering wheel!"
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

yep   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    dont think you would go for the 'low' version unless you were 7ft tall, the normal rather than the low would be for me even tho I'm 6'2"

Anonymous

Yeh but what if the guy in the picture is only 4'6"   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

well he is japanese   s:? :? s:?

alancdavis

yes dieamond
the consul in your photos

has anyone fit one ?
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

I think i might have found a great seat height wise but it quite a bit wider on the base, how much wider do you reckon we could go without causing problems?

I'm thinking make some new bolt holes on the bride frame to move it away from the centere console slightly

Anonymous

forget my last, they are too wide at he top as well, we need tapered seats

ours are 440mm roughly, the ones I was thinking about were 590mm

m http://www.cobraseats.com/ m   search for misano

Anonymous

saying that the gias are 550 mm?  must be because the top 'wings' taperf backwards?

Anonymous

Misano

GIAS

This is how close the GIAs is to the centere console

The Misano's are 70mm wider at each side at the highest point of the base, saying that the stock seats are 25mm wider each side than the GIAS anyway

Thats measuring my present seats which have been retrimmed so they may differ  (500mm)

Another added attraction of the misanos is that they come in various trims and they can trim your door cards to match if you wish  s:) :) s:)

Misanos are £479 each, GIAS once shipped £1070 each

heres some in real life in leather

Anonymous

checked, defo wont fit   s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Do you feel like your talking to yourself on this thread at the moment Perry?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    did until you joined in matey   s:D :D s:D  

well after much soul searching I've ordered (through Arnaud) a pair of these   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

I've gone for the low frames and normal cushions (previous pic was low frames + cushions), I've also ordered 2 sets of the riser kits just in case I needed to raise them (doubt it tho)

decided in the end that theres been so much spent on the car by the previous owner and will be loads more by me anyway it would be shame to start cutting corners now.  plus all the other options I was looking at would have ended getting a retrim later anyway so I would have had that cost to add as well.

Just need to do an international bank transfer to MRS Passion tomorrow and they'll be all sorted.

Deacon

Bloody nice seats - I'm very jealous!!

Do you know if they do a fixed back? And, if its not too rude to ask, can I ask how much in total for seats and fixings?

Cheers,

Deacon
Ex - 2005 55 Black MR2 with Hardtop and AC. Mods so far - Rear de-badged, front J-Spec badge, TTE Springs, TRD Shift knob, Pioneer DEHP77MP H/U, Black Rota Slipstreams 17" rear 16" front with Toyo T1R\'s, Forged wheel nuts

Now - 56 Black Suzuki Swift Sport - Mods inevitably to follow....

Tags: