Back in the fold, MR2 on the drive

Started by Anonymous, October 30, 2006, 20:48

Anonymous

well despite the fact that a fair few members said they hated the look of  the car, this one is now sitting on my drive

As the chap didnt get any bids on e-bay I decided to take a trip to wales to wave cash in front of his face   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

so after a 420 mile return trip I had paid my deposit, and after another 420 miles trip today I now have my new project car    s:D :D s:D  

I wouldnt normally buy a car with a kit on it, but I was planning to buy an old 'two' for about £6k, and this one cost me a lot less than the car and the kit would have cost together. and this ones fitted and nearly up to my standard  (few adjustments required)

Additionally of course i also got a hard top,  18 inch andrews racing deep dish 3 piece custom alloys, Veilside Dragster twin exit stainless exhaust and Full Lamborghini pearl orange respray chucked in for good measure.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

so.........i'm back! and ready to start changing it!   LOL

Anonymous

Nice one Perry, and welcome back properly!  s:D :D s:D

I expect to see a colour-coded interior and turbo running silly psi on it within a week.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Congrats Perry. I'm not jealous at all   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

cheers bud

due to the major saving i now have my 'power kitty' straight away, but I'm watching these various threads at present t see how they all work out.

Unfortuantely due to the veilside exhaust I think I'm limited to either SC/Engine swap or custom turbo, but will know more once I've had a nose around and taken a look at a few of the guys cars at the RR day

Anonymous

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"Congrats Perry. I'm not jealous at all   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

timing is a cruel master   s;) ;) s;)    as usual you can be my technical advisor in regards to my engine mods  s;) ;) s;)

scottish_turbo

Nice motor.

Funny you should mention engine swap -isnt there a cheap 2zz on the go!!

You know you want too!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

This is what i have to start you off   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

m http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c253/ ... o-0080.jpg m

loadswine

Well done matey, guessing you did a stonking deal on that, though I don't suppose you will divulge.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
I actually really like it from that angle.
I'm itching to see what power mods you come up with.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

loadswine

Just spotted the number plate V190, superb! Hope that was included.
Mind you, once you get the power upped it will have to be V280!!  s:D :D s:D

Chris_h

Looks like a mini Carrera GT - fantastic!!

Can't wait to see more pics..
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

cheers lads

she'll be at the RR day for an hour or so, so you can have a look then.

Loadswine - stonking deal?  you betcha   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

theres a few things that need sorting, the bottom edges of the doors have caught the skirts at the front and back corners, easily rectified but its a shame they didnt allow for the thickness of the 3 part paint system when the pre-fitted it, unfortunately its rubbed the paint off in two areas of around an inch.

frustrating, but can be sorted   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Exhaust sounds the dogs, but on the motorway the droning does your head in!  hopefully either FI if I go that route will quiet this down or I'll have to add some further muffling.

Ian:  looks good matey will have a chat during the week  s;) ;) s;)   might require your services at mine for a day if I go that route if you would be so kind   s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chris_h"Can't wait to see more pics..

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"Ian:  looks good matey will have a chat during the week  s;) ;) s;)   might require your services at mine for a day if I go that route if you would be so kind   s;) ;) s;)

Love to help mate, i'll talk to you soon. And i'll definatly see you on the 25th, need to see this up close.

Liz

I like that....lots   s:D :D s:D  

And no its not because of the time of day that I am posting that I am tired and delirious - but I do really like it, you won't lose it in the supermarket car park - go on Perry - how much did you pay for it!!?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Thanks hun   s:) :) s:)

The kit seems to be effected greatly by the colour, the dark blue one I saw at the pod looked much more 'slabbish' at the front for some reason?

The only difference i can see is that he had headlight trims that would have raised the top profile more, thus increasing the angle of the front possibly?

The veilside wide body is defo a love it or hate look, personally in this colour i love it, but I can understand those that dont, as long as they are polite about it  s;) ;) s;)   (and have actually seen one)

needless to say I wont be posting pics on spyderchat  LOL   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

wow!  s8) 8) s8)  thats gorgeous, totally worth the cost, the veilside kit alone must have cost 5K ish.

you bringing her along on the 25th?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

yes matey  s;) ;) s;)

kanujunkie

[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

I'll be checking your engine bay out matey to see what would need to be changed to fit with the veilside exhaust or exhaust location   s;) ;) s;)

I think the parts cost (roughly)

Andrews wheels £2.5k (without tyres)
Veilside original kit £3k
veilside mirrors £200
Veilside super dragger exhaust £750

and if we say the hard tops worth around £500 ish + £200 for the fitting kit

Thats £7,150 in extras + the pearlescent respray, which he reckons was £3.5k inc fitting the kit  (cant substantiate that obviously)

so in principle £10,650 in extras   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    needless to say I paid a couple of grand less than that and got the car thrown in as well    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Dont get me wrong she needs a couple of tyres at the back and shes far from perfect, but it was no brainer really  s;) ;) s;)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "perry190"I'll be checking your engine bay out matey to see what would need to be changed to fit with the veilside exhaust or exhaust location   s;) ;) s;)

I think the parts cost (roughly)

Andrews wheels £2.5k (without tyres)
Veilside original kit £3k
veilside mirrors £200
Veilside super dragger exhaust £750

and if we say the hard tops worth around £500 ish + £200 for the fitting kit

Thats £7,150 in extras + the pearlescent respray, which he reckons was £3.5k inc fitting the kit  (cant substantiate that obviously)

so in principle £10,650 in extras   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    needless to say I paid a couple of grand less than that and got the car thrown in as well    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Dont get me wrong she needs a couple of tyres at the back and shes far from perfect, but it was no brainer really  s;) ;) s;)
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  A total bargain you got there Perry. Absolutely love it; that colour is great  s8) 8) s8)  Can't wait to see her in the flesh on the 25th. As you said the Veliside kit looks so different dependent on teh colour. By JAE 2007 I bet you'll have the dogs danglies fitted  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Stifler

I normally detest the veilside kit........

but i have to say that car looks awesome  s:) :) s:)  Congratulations on owning such a stand out car   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Thanks chaps   s:D :D s:D  

having now given her a wash and a good look over you start to see the faults

all the mesh looks like it was stuck on with 1g of tigerseal !  conseqeuntly some panels will be coming off  (need adjusting anyway)

As said doors are scraping paint off skirts, will sort when panels off

couple of runs in the orange lacquer coat in not easiliy seeable places

no jack

a naff powered amp in the luggage compartment in place of one of the doors (amasing what you miss when checking over a car)

5 more stone chips on the journey from wales

never the less still happy   s:) :) s:)

loadswine

Never mind those few bits matey, you got an uber bargain there for sure.You're dead right on the colour affecting the way the Veilside looks. The blue didn't really do it for me, but the orange is a different animal, reckon it will be an animal when you get through with it!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

i should think so too, she's beautiful Perry and thats a staggering deal  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

heathstimpson

LOve the alloys as well; those wheels have some deep dishes on them  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  It is always so much better value in buying a highly modified car first then adjusting/improving to your requirements  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: