tte turbo 0-60

Started by firepower, November 6, 2006, 23:15

Anonymous

oh well its not meant to be!

SP's 240 isnt ready for me yet! the ride will have to wait along with the review!

Anonymous

didnt know to start a new thread but can anyone tell me if SP can do a dyno tommorrow? i forgot to ask Matt or do i need to book in advance?!

markiii

depends how busy they are
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

firepower

well it has now been 15 months since i had sp fit the tte turbo system to my car and i have had only two minor issues with it 1. was a cooler pipe developing a leak , sp supplied a new pipe 2. a cel due to the sp decat down pipe .

so all together very little trouble but a whole bundle of performance fun   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

i now feel that i could recommend a tte turbo system to anyone , it is not financialy cost effective you will never get your money back but that king of the road feeling when you surge past all the mundane traffic with a huge grin plastered across your face knowing for a fact that at least one person you have passed is thinking your a wa***r !!! and you dont care because your way up the road now is priceless .

imho i feel that a turbo is a must for the 2 it handles the added power very well and keeps its performance ahead of all the hot hatches on the road at present , it has always been the best handling roadster now it has the performance to match   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

Chris_h

Interesting to read this thread. How are you finding long term MPG in day to day driving?
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Liz

I agree with Firepowers comments - wouldn't be without mine now!!  My MPG is around 25-26mpg - not good - but so worth it!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

I was getting about 220/240 miles to the tank. Suprisingly I am getting better mpg with the VX now even though I drive it quite hard, but as any TTE owner says it is a superb upgrade to the MR2 and talking about it makes me wish I still had it.

firepower

same here with regards mpg 22/24 but mostly short stop start journeys , i have calculated it to be between high 20 to low 30 on a decent run .

but as i said in the earlier post the added performance is priceless , i feel i am getting more out of the car now than the sum of all the mods i have fitted , i will never get the cash i have spent back but every day i drive the car it pays me back in performance pleasure   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

loadswine

I don't have a TTE turbo, but have to agree wholeheartedly with that philosophy, its behind all I've done on mine. Its all about enjoyment.   s:D :D s:D  

Its been said on here before, a lot of us don't look at our 2s as an investment, but an indulgence!  s8) 8) s8)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

I'm doing a big commute at the moment (lots of motorways) and I'm getting 35mpg instead of 27mpg which I used to get. That's about as good as I ever got pre-turbo.

kanujunkie

in theory a turbo should be able to make 70% more use of the exhaust gasses than an N/A car, however that does depend on what you do with the fueling
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: