MR2 Custom luggage bags

Started by rob_g_clarkson, November 8, 2006, 13:46

rob_g_clarkson

I know a few people out there have some custom luggage bags.. and I know (because I've searched  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ) that they came from somwhere in Germany... But I can't find anyone for defo that does sell a set... any help muchly appreciated....  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

aaronjb

They came from a Toyota dealership in Germany, to be exact  s;) ;) s;)   They're a standard Toyota item - sadly only available in Germany (possibly elsewhere in mainland Europe, I'm not sure)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

roger

Rob, I'm sure a bit of googling and e-mailing would get a quote from a German dealership.

Not sure what Toyota supply lines are like, but if you could get a Toyota part number could a UK dealer get it from wherever they are made (Japan, Germany??)

Getting this fixed up would make quite a few owners happy.

P.S. I've got mine!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

If you find anything, I'd love to know, I'm after a set myself

rob_g_clarkson

right o i'll see what i can do!!!

Tem

IIRC, they weren't really an "official" Toyota product, but just something that Toyota Germany had made and sold. Available only there and nowhere else. I also recall reading that they are no longer for sale, cause the Roadster isn't for sale anymore.  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

rob_g_clarkson

yep... just worked that bit out...not having much joy to be honest... i'll just keep my eyes peeled on german ebay...

oh, and I'll need to learn what "MR2 Custom Luggage Bags" is in german  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

using babelfish:

Kundenspezifische Beutel Des Gepäck-MR2

jarod

Better said: MR2 Passform Taschen

You can contact Carsten at Joerg Bach Automobile in Germany (http://jb-automobile.com/).

I've bought some sets from him a while ago. He's a very nice guy who owns a Toyota dealership and drives a beautiful silver RS200 MR2!   s:D :D s:D  

You can tell him that Claudio from the Italian Club gave you his contact. If the bags are still available, he's the person who can source them fr you!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Claudio
Spectra Blue My00
[size=75]J-Spec Badges | 03 sidevents & rear bumper | Mongos | Che\'s manifold | Fox duals | Custom Green Twister intake | Custom leather interior | Tom\'s flywheel | Sachs clutch | TTE swaybars | Custom Breastplate | Front TRD strut tower brace | BC Racing coilovers | EBC+Goodridge brakes | Lots of custom modifications..[/size]

rob_g_clarkson

nice 1 Claudio... I shall make contact!!!  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Hi Rob,

If the price is right I would be interested, maybe worth saying that we would want 2, might reduce cost or postage?

rob_g_clarkson

I'm going to draft an e-mail this evening, I'll see if I can get some kind of group buy discount or something?

Looking at this post there is at least 3 of us that would be intrested......

Anonymous

make that 4 of us   s:D :D s:D

evileye_wrx

If these are no longer being manufactured and there won't be any more of them does that mean that those of us who do have them just had the contents of our luggage bins turned into GOLD?!?

If so, who wants to swap something really good for mine? I've never actually used them but if anyone wanted to make me a HUGE offer I could be tempted   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

blade900

Quote from: "evileye_xc"If these are no longer being manufactured and there won't be any more of them does that mean that those of us who do have them just had the contents of our luggage bins turned into GOLD?!?

If so, who wants to swap something really good for mine? I've never actually used them but if anyone wanted to make me a HUGE offer I could be tempted   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Phil

Notice that a set of been put on fleabay today. They look well nice, are they yours?!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=75]MR2 2001 in Rockabilly Black,  Rockabilly Black Leather, Rockabilly Black MR2 Mats, Pre cats gone, Club sticker, Once you\'ve had black there ain\'t no going back![/size]
[size=75]KTM950 Supermoto[/size]

evileye_wrx

Not mine, I don't really have any desire to sell them. Unless, like I said, the offer is one I couldn't refuse   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I think usually they go for 70 - 80 quid. however, with the recent revelations they may go for more.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

i will send a e-mail tonight to see if i can still get them

Wabbitkilla

s:? :? s:?  Count me in for a pair too  s:D :D s:D
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Me too!

noddynurdle

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla":? Count me in for a pair too  s:D :D s:D

just to say there are three bags in the set not two
it might go off it you touch it
2000 red/black second hand had 5500 on clock
now got 38000.
MODS after market valve caps, dynamatted focal 165a speakers, visor pluged, painted calipers and a set of Victor\'s bags.
oh and me nodding dog called spot.

Wabbitkilla

OK OK   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Count me in for a set then!

How's it going NN?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

noddynurdle

its ok i am at present working in normanton for the halifax only 20 mins from home. manage to get myself a nice job with out any pressure. what it like where you are? are they missing me yet lol?
 miss my latte coffes though. hehehehe
it might go off it you touch it
2000 red/black second hand had 5500 on clock
now got 38000.
MODS after market valve caps, dynamatted focal 165a speakers, visor pluged, painted calipers and a set of Victor\'s bags.
oh and me nodding dog called spot.

Anonymous

I'm in for a set too! Quote S&H to Singapore please!   s:D :D s:D

jarod

FYI guys, Carsten is on holiday at the moment, and he won't be back before a couple of weeks
(I've just read it on the german forum  s:wink: :wink: s:wink: )
Spectra Blue My00
[size=75]J-Spec Badges | 03 sidevents & rear bumper | Mongos | Che\'s manifold | Fox duals | Custom Green Twister intake | Custom leather interior | Tom\'s flywheel | Sachs clutch | TTE swaybars | Custom Breastplate | Front TRD strut tower brace | BC Racing coilovers | EBC+Goodridge brakes | Lots of custom modifications..[/size]

rob_g_clarkson

Quote from: "jarod"FYI guys, Carsten is on holiday at the moment, and he won't be back before a couple of weeks
(I've just read it on the german forum  s:wink: :wink: s:wink: )

dammit.... I wish I was multi lingual!

well done jarod... the guy that was selling a set on ebay has pulled them a day early... so fingers crossed for Carsten!

Tags: