MR2 Custom luggage bags

Started by rob_g_clarkson, November 8, 2006, 13:46

Anonymous

Howdy!

New here, live in Germany and drive a '01 W3 in YELLOW!

I bought a used set of bags on eBay, now how do I clean them? Has anyone tried tossing them in the washing machine?

-=Jom=-

northernalex

yes tossed mine in the washing machine but make sure you take out the cardboard bit at the bottom.  Mine came out with no damage at all  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

red_leicester

Quote from: "noswall"Howdy!

Has anyone tried tossing them in the washing machine?

Howdy!!

You must have a large washing machine!
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

Anonymous

anyone got any pics of what we are missing out on - are these bags waterproof and suitable to be strapped to my rea luggage rack?

roger

No, they fit in the cubbies....

Only available in Germany, and looks like that source has dried up as well
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Here are mine:

I'll post some more pictures when they come out of the washing machine!

Anonymous

Isn't Mutley gonna email Carsten about the GB? Or is there a change of plan?

Silverman

The current MrT MR2 Roadster Accessories leaflet advertises a leather holdall.    S'man.
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

Anonymous

I've got that, and it's just a normal leather holdall with a little MR2 Roadster tag that costs £70. 'Tis nice, but I wouldn't pay for it.

Not that I actually paid for mine, of course.  s;) ;) s;)

filcee

I have a pair of the leather holdalls (and I paid for 'em. Doh!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ).

They are expensive, yes, but after 5 1/2 years of pretty much weekly use as I am away working most of the time, I have only a slight tear in the zip stitching on one bag. I could probably get it fixed at the local cobblers for less than a fiver, and get at least another five years out of them.  On that basis, I have to say that they were good value for the price paid.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

One of my metal zip-end things has broken on mine.  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Anyone interested in custom leather luggage bags? Chip it and I'll enquire!

Silverman

Hi Everyone,

The April 2003  Toyota MR2 Roadster Accessories leaflet offers a leather holdall 'designed to fit perfectly into the MR2's storage space....'
I would think it's still available.  S'man.
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

enid_b

i bought mine last year. they have not been out of the packaging yet.

never got round to using them, and with baby coming i dont think i will either.

someone make me a generous offer and i will consider it. (money made will be split between baby fund and a donation to club funds)

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Tags: