A big hello & a little advice.

Started by Anonymous, November 14, 2006, 15:36

Anonymous

Quote from: "crystolic fusion"cheers, thanx for that comment. I must admit its jinxed me a little and took the edge away a bit.

But i will crack on and have another go.

Just waiting on a call off the insurance whom have gave me two options to think about, either get the repair done or they pass it on to a salvage company and basically get a cheque for the market value. (or as near as).

THe car is really nice, but for the price i payed i maybe able to get either slightly newer or less mileage and from what knowledge i've gained on this wonderful forum one without the precats.

Cheers.   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

One thing to bear in mind is a car which has had past accident damage (even repaired to an excellent standard) will always put off prospective buyers and may lower the value a little (when you come to re-sell that is).

Plus you have the worry about the standard of repair and any subsequent problems because of it. I've read a few stories on here about people getting their 2's repaired and it all going pete-tong.

It might just work out better for you to take the money from the insurance company and re-buy.

I know some owners on here have written their 2's off and been pleasently surprised at the amounts offered by the insurance company.

Anyway hope you get it all sorted out ok,

Richie.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Richie"One thing to bear in mind is a car which has had past accident damage (even repaired to an excellent standard) will always put off prospective buyers and may lower the value a little (when you come to re-sell that is).

Maybe it's just me but I never feel the same about a car once it's had a prang.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Moleshome"
Quote from: "Richie"One thing to bear in mind is a car which has had past accident damage (even repaired to an excellent standard) will always put off prospective buyers and may lower the value a little (when you come to re-sell that is).

Maybe it's just me but I never feel the same about a car once it's had a prang.
Exactly how I would feel. It just isn't the same after   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: