2007 MR-S

Started by Tem, November 22, 2006, 12:10

Tem

From SC. Anyone in here know about the new side intakes and bumpers?

QuoteToyota will mark the end of its production of the MR-S (MR-2 Spyder) with a run of 1000 limited V Edition vehicles. The cars will go on sale from the 9th of January 2007 in Japan only, with actual production expected to end at the end of that same month. The current model MR-S was released back in 1999 and remains as Toyota's only sports model since the decline of the Celica in April this year.  

For its swan song, Toyota has added leather seat & door trim, a three-spoke sports steering wheel and a new instrument panel with metal highlights. The shift-gauge cover is also finished in a titanium color. Other features include a unique set of wheels, new aero parts including side intakes and revised bumpers, plus a Helical LSD. We first head of the demise of the MR-2 and Celica back in 2004, with the US model MR-2 being discontinued in 2005 because of increasing competition and a lack of sales. Elsewhere, the 2006 model year is the last for the MR2, with the UK getting 300 final models in a special numbered TF300 series.  

Toyota is now left without a genuine sports car in its lineup to exploit the promotions from its multi-million dollar F1 program. However, the company is rumored to be working on the next generation Supra coupe as well as a new low priced sports model.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

spit

"V edition" has been a suffix used since 2002 on the Japanese MR-S in much the same way as our "red" label. I was hoping the final run of the V would be quite a departure, but if this* is anything to go by, its not monumentally special  s:? :? s:?

nb DON'T click the link if you have either limited download capacity and/or a life  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

(not sure what's so special about the wheels - unless they're designed not to bubble  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Wabbitkilla

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Nearly fell asleep looking at that Ste, no real earthshaking additions!
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

I know in Japan they have 1 hundred billion quadrillion mb internet access but jeesh have a thought for us with

a.only 6mb download
b.a life

As said nothing groundbreaking for the time it took to load.

spit

[Good point - post edited accordingly]

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"[Good point - post edited accordingly]

Sorry Ste i hope you didn't think that was a go at you for posting it without warning us to make a cuppa while waiting. It was a big fingers up at toyota for making it so 'rest of the world' unfriendly (appreciate it's only being released there so why should they).

Good find though mate.

spit

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"i hope you didn't think that was a go at you for posting it without warning us to make a cuppa while waiting.

Not at all Ian - thanks for the heads-up. I'm better at reminding members to flag up memory-heavy stuff than remembering to do it myself  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

kanujunkie

i dont have a life, so i clicked on it, someone pass me a razor blade now, my life got worse  s:( :( s:(  

[sarcasm on] ooohh shiny vents, ooooh red steering wheel and leather, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[/sarcasm]
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"i dont have a life, so i clicked on it, someone pass me a razor blade now, my life got worse  s:( :( s:(  

[sarcasm on] ooohh shiny vents, ooooh red steering wheel and leather, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[/sarcasm]

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Like wet paint do not touch signs isn't it, you know it's a bad idea but you just have to do it anyway.

spit

(worksafe)

[/drift]

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"
Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"i hope you didn't think that was a go at you for posting it without warning us to make a cuppa while waiting.

Not at all Ian - thanks for the heads-up. I'm better at reminding members to flag up memory-heavy stuff than remembering to do it myself  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

[pedantic_mode]

It's not actually memory being used as such, but the speed of your interwebz0r connection. More/less RAM and/or HD space won't make the blindest bit of difference to how quick the site loads.

Besides, you can always carry on downloading teh uber-pr0n while it's loading  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

[/pedantic_mode]

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

BOT, they may not be super-special, but I like 'em. At least Toyota made a bit of an effort, albeit not a very impressive one.

kanujunkie

resonably quick with a 4Mb link  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Tbh, it wasn't even that bad on 512K. Like I said, I 'kept busy' with other things while it was dl'ing.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Ekona"Like I said, I 'kept busy' with other things while it was dl'ing.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh, anyone got a scrubbing brush to get this horrible thought out of my mind  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Its not that bad when your on a mega bandwidth at work!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol: , that said though its taking a bit longer to download the 6Mb page!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Must say i like the red roof on the black car! Overall the car is not that impressive though.  s:( :( s:(

edward.carter

Quote from: "Tem"Toyota has added leather seat & door trim, a three-spoke sports steering wheel
Kind of em... ??  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: