harness/seat

Started by mph, October 30, 2003, 11:39

mph

Split from thread:  m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=1386 m

Quote from: "pmdye"Not at all ICE related, but I'm intrigued by the harnesses through the non-fixed seats   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Not a problem - if you look at the left-hand seat, you'll see it's got a built in tilt mechanism, just like the MR2 mk1 seats (you can just about see the pull-up release knob). Why they've mounted a right hand seat on the left I'll leave to your imagination..

You could also use a base frame tilt mechanism (in combination with a slide if you wanted. This would get you much greater freedom of choice of seat, though I don't know how practical (greater or lesser) it would be in comparision.

I also mentioned the problem that the harness should be have a 5-10degree downward slant or thereabouts - I don't have the MSA Bluebook to hand as to the actual safety recommendations but I can dig them out if anyone needs them.

Given there's already the cross member between the two seatbelt struts, they really should have used that - presuming it is actually strong enough. Worryingly, looking at the depth of that central dip in that ICE design they may have removed it.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

GSB

Quote from: "mph"Why they've mounted a right hand seat on the left I'll leave to your imagination...

Could be Recaro's? I've had cars fitted with Recaro seats in the past and they all had the release levers on both sides of the seat.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tags: