Would you credit it..

Started by StephenBennett, October 31, 2003, 16:13

StephenBennett

...ok, after a week of haggling, I've got the price I want. Ring the dealer to finalise the deal, get some goodies. 'I'm sorry' says the receptionist - 'he's taken the afternoon off'!

I thought they were all 'sale by end of month' people?

Regards

Stephen

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "StephenBennett"I thought they were all 'sale by end of month' people?

They will have their own weekly and monthly targets, but the biggie and the one they all press for is the financial quater targets.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "StephenBennett"...ok, after a week of haggling, I've got the price I want. Ring the dealer to finalise the deal, get some goodies. 'I'm sorry' says the receptionist - 'he's taken the afternoon off'!

I thought they were all 'sale by end of month' people?

Regards

Stephen
The salesmen can be just hardwork at times. I was initially told no way but when I said I would sign there and then on another visit they relented. What discount did you get in the end?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

StephenBennett

I put in my order saturday!

s8) 8) s8)  

I paid £15850 for a sable car with the usual freebies.

I'm happy with that.

Regards

Stephen

heathstimpson

Quote from: "StephenBennett"I put in my order saturday!

s8) 8) s8)  

I paid £15850 for a sable car with the usual freebies.

I'm happy with that.

Regards

Stephen
What are the usual freebies? I didn't get any of the tight sods  s:( :( s:(
Sable is a good colour though; I was debating if to go for that shade but the delivery was quite long at the time...

Anonymous

you can usually get at least mats, tank of petrol, mud flaps (if you really want the cheap black ones!)... those kinda things.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"you can usually get at least mats, tank of petrol, mud flaps (if you really want the cheap black ones!)... those kinda things.
I paid for mats and cheap black mudflaps. The bloody fuel tank was empty on driving away. I have had loads of new cars and assumed they just filled them up; I was wrong with Toyota  s:( :( s:(  
Where do you get the colour coded mud-flaps from or are they sprayed after purchase?

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Where do you get the colour coded mud-flaps from or are they sprayed after purchase?

They are from Japan ( w www.japanparts.com w ) but work out very expensive after customs etc.... over £100!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  (but they do look good!). You may be better off spraying yours assuming the paint will stick to them (i have no idea!).

StephenBennett

I got flaps, mats, petrol and possibly scuff bars.

But it is a 10 week delivery - the dealer thinks.

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Stephen

markiii

you should be able to paint them, but how well they turn out DIY will very much depend on the colour.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: