Lost it

Started by Anonymous, December 22, 2006, 17:17

Anonymous

your point being?

markiii

Quote from: "Ekona"My Grandad used to do all the engraving work for Spurs and John Lennon, but that doesn't mean that I can do it too.

Engraving that is, not doing work for John Lennon. Although I may find that tricky as well...

yeah but it doesn't mean his dad is a good driver either
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

True, that.

My point Sam, is that most people who brag about being amazing circuit drivers usually aren't. You've mentioned your father-in-law on here about three times now, and yet I still fail to see what bearing that has on your driving ability. I'm not saying that you're not OMFG TEH AMAZINGEST DRIVER EVER as you could well be, it's just an observation that those that shout loudest usually have the smallest willies.

Or something like that, I never was any good with metaphors.

Anonymous

so you dont really have a point then because
1 i havent said i'm an amazing driver,
2 i have mentioned him twice once was to help people with info on a track day and the other today and
3 how would mentioning my father-in-law make me a better driver it doesnt, i was saying i have donnington to practice my driving skills on so read things carefully and think before you write something because you aren't making sense are you??

Wabbitkilla

s:? :? s:?   I thought for a moment i'd slipped onto Spyderchat.....

oh dear  s:!: :!: s:!:  

C'mon guys keep it on track.

The main thing i've learned about this car is that as soon as you change something you have to relearn some of your driving. Tyre type, pressure, weather, added mods - everything. In the cold and wet keep it smooth and steady and you will be fine. That doesn't mean you have to be slow, it only means you have to plan ahead and understand the cars dynamics.

So please, enough of the sniping.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

@Sam: I'm making more sense than someone who has little to no idea how a capital letter works in a sentence.

You said:

Quote from: "sam_seed"i'm quite capable of driving to a high level at circuit demands

...which is as good as saying "I'm a great driver".

Fine, you only mentioned your FIL twice. Apologies for my complete lack of ability to count on a Sunday morning.

As for:

Quote from: "sam-seed"how would mentioning my father-in-law make me a better driver it doesnt

That would sum up my point nicely. Just because you know Donnington like the back of your hand, that doesn't make you a great driver either.

rtbiscuit

if i remember reading this thread from the start, the conversation was about adjusting your driving to account from moving from FF to MR. and how rewarding driving a 2 is. and that tyre pressures and tread wear, and having the correct tyres can affect the handling.

how this has slipped into telling people they can't drive or they drive like a granny, or that someone may or may not be a demon on the track.

mods i believe we need a new section on the forum, the "i'm tired and moody, and i want to pick on someone thread"

there people can go to pick on people, get picked on or generally slag each other off.

or we could have the "measuring your manhood section" where we can all log on and boast of having 9 inches like me!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

A testosterone-charged thread if ever I read one!!

RacingSnake

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I keep coming back to this thread when I need a laugh! It's one of the most entertaining running at the moment - I reckon sam has steam coming out of his ears when he types these replies LMFAO   s:P :P s:P   You're all mad anyway. There's no way I'll ever lose my '2 cos I drive it like an old geezer with a flat cap on (apologies to all old flat cap-wearing geezers).  Drive to the road conditions just like they told you in your driving lessons - mind you I nearly lost my toupe in the gale with the top down earlier, does that count?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

rtbiscuit

i drive like my mum, and she's vicky butler henderson! and my dads tiff needel, my uncle is damon hill, and i can do the nurembourg ring in 3 minutes on a pedal car!!!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Previous cars:

Anonymous

i do not get mad at threads anger causes confusion and thats not good!
it does make me laugh however that in desperation to seem superior people have to pick at the correct use of a capital letter, is that really all you could find??

and yes i'm talking to you mr i demand upmost respect from everyone for nothing, EkoNa!

see what i did look i put a capital in the wrong place so you have something to comeback at me with!

rtbiscuit

ho hum!

is this really what we have come down to!

i have always found people are very good at talking the talk from behind the comfort of a computer screen.

but sometimes reluctant to walk the walk!

sam the easiest way to put the birds to rest is to come along to a track day with us sometime. i believe dan does quiet a few throughout the year, there is anglesey coming up, and others posted up all the time.

its an enjoyable day had by all, and will give you a chance to meet some of the members. you can discuss driving tactics, and compare notes.

as they once said in grease "lets race!!!"

Previous cars:

RacingSnake

That's the problem Sam, you're all 'i i i'   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Remember that nice Mr Ferret with his original problem regarding sliding out of work?  Ferret, I think the real issue here is the damage your company has done to the bottom left hand corner of Dartmoor matey   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   The china clay quarries would make a great skid-pan I expect, I always found it difficult enough walking on the stuff let alone driving on it!  Maybe some of those Scandinavian snow tyres would be good for you - or smaller feet by the sound of it   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

at what point did i say that my driving skills superior to every other member on here i didn't!
my original input about driving skills were in reply to mr2mark who did imply that the members were in someway scared of mr2's and couldn't drive them!

so answer this, how has this turned around to me defending my point?

markiii

[ADMIN] Guys, lets drop this now please, Sam you had a point, however you did intentionally or otherwise come across as using your dads position to imply you new what yoru doing (not that I'm saying you don't), so Dan also had a point.

Lets get back on topic now please [ADMIN]
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

not to take sides but how come ive noticed a sam seed bashing appear in acouple of threads, is he not voice an opinion?!

Anonymous

thankyou a human being at long last!

Anonymous

Sam, stop deliberately winding people up. I'll lock this myself before I say something that I would probably regret, seeing as you didn't bother to take Mark's advice.

Again, any issue with this you can PM me direct using the button below this post. Although seeing as you didn't last time, I don't expect one this time either.

Tags: