Dead MR2

Started by Anonymous, January 2, 2007, 08:55

Anonymous

Had a small accident on boxing day night, and the '2 is dead (well i say dead but the heart is still beating, but the body is battered into lots of pieces).

Anyway, 1 ambulance, 2 fire engines, 1 police car and a trip to A&E later and im fine, not even a scratch, only minor whiplash.

I cant remember much about the crash, i just lost the back end on a corner, only doing the speed limit (60), i can remember the airbags going off and ending up in a ditch, but thats about it for the crash itself. I dont even think i spun! i hit bushes on the right hand side of the road and then bounced off them into a ditch on the left hand side of the road. Its a good job it was late and nothing was coming the other way.  

I was sat in the ambulance on the way to A&E and was totally gutted.

Heres a couple of pics anyway.

I waiting for the insurance to give me a ring about whats happening, the engineer is supposed to be going to see the car tomorrow. I cant wait to get another '2, i miss it so much and its only been a week!  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

aaronjb

<Stock reply> That'll T-Cut right out! </Stock reply>

Ouch - that looks nasty, so I'm glad to hear you're OK (you know what everyone says - metal can be replaced, etc)..

Interestingly enough - in those pictures at least - the chassis damage doesn't seem too bad, rather mostly panel damage at the rear and maybe a little frame damage at the front..  It's probably salvageable..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

It didnt feel like it was too hard an impact but I will have to wait and see.

To be honest though I would rather have a new car, rather than having that one repaired.

spit

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Nooooo - I loved that car!  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Good to know that you're OK and nothing/no-one else was involved though. Thats the important stuff. Let's hope you get fettled and back where you belong soon, either in this one or a new 'un.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Glad to hear you're safe and in one piece.

Those aren't the standard wheels are they? What tyres did you have on?

Quote from: "Sergeant Phil Esterhaus"Hey, let's be careful out there.

kanujunkie

oh dear mate, fraid to say its easily done in a 2 at this time of year, trust me i know from bitter experience  s:( :( s:(  Still providing there isn't too much hidden damage she looks repairable

[another stock answer] at least your ok though Andy, car can be fixed[/stock answer]
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

northernalex

andy... i'm glad you're ok mate.. hope you dont have too many cuts and brusies.  

RIP red mr2..

Hope you get it all sorted as soon as, looks to me as if it will be written off mind looking aat the other crashes I've seen in the past.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

The tyres were toyo's, fronts at 30 rears at 34, they had only done about 1000 miles, i had only had the wheels for about 1 month!

The road was really greasy and the gritters had just been out, so that might have had someting to do with it. Other than that though just a cr@p driver  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

edward.carter

the front crash bar looks completely bent in as it was on pauls and they wrote that off, at least your ok though.

Anonymous

Oh yeah forgot to mention, the front suspension was broken too so it will probably be a write off. (the front drivers side wheel was pointing in totally the wrong direction compared to the steering wheel) you can sort of see that in the dark picture.

celmacmat

As we say in France...Merde....  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Glad you are OK, looking at the bits of car every where it could have been worst   s:? :? s:?
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

loadswine

Glad you are okay matey, sorry to see your 2 so mashed up.
Need to look at the positives now, if they write it off, it might be fun shopping around for the new one.
Hope it all works out okay.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Quote from: "loadswine"Need to look at the positives now, if they write it off, it might be fun shopping around for the new one.

Thats the thing though, it takes me ages to find the right car, I was looking for 3 months before I got that one! I just hope it doesnt take that long to find a new one  s:( :( s:(

enid_b

ouch, glad ur ok.

did u manage a couple of 360's before it came to a stop?

fingers crossed that you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

that picture of the bonnet just blowing in the wind is a belter.

suggestion - get an older one (less £) and have it turboed or sc'ed?

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

Quote from: "enid_b"suggestion - get an older one (less £) and have it turboed or sc'ed?

E

Was thinking that, but i will have 0 no claims bonus, and an accident on my record so a turbo, will be out of the question for a while (well on the '2 anyway, my other, temporary, car already has a turbo and its not a diesel!)

northernalex

did your strut braces/wheels survive...

(vulture swoops)

your other car is a turbo.. prey tell?
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Quote from: "northernalex"did your strut braces/wheels survive...

(vulture swoops)

your other car is a turbo.. prey tell?

The wheels didnt, and neither did the front brace, the rear did but i didnt have chance to get it off, or the lovely wheel nuts.

my other car is nothing special only a Saab 9-5 2.0 turbo

Wabbitkilla

relievded you're ok mate. strange how what feels like a small accident is actually worse, show she did her job well protecting you!

I liked those wheels dammit, good luck with getting everything ironed out & replaced.

This new salt with molasses really makes the road slithery - not good.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

northernalex

shame... you will get a chance to go look at the car with the insuance adjuster if you want, then rip off all the bits you can .. and flog them. Take off your nuts too if you want.
evileye_xc said:

Wabbitkilla

OK, not being a vulture myself (this time), but i was wondering.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Should this 2 be written off, is there any way to track it and obtain parts for members in need? I'm sure there are people on here who would make good use of the engine, gearbox, and any other bits that aren't mangled.

Just a thought is all.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

rtbiscuit

thats a shame,

we should have a R.I.P. forum page where all the dead MR2's go to rest.

glad to hear your ok, will keep my eye open for any decent 2's about
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Gazz

Sorry about the car Andy  but at least you're OK. Hope you get another one soon.
[size=80]Lotus Elise 111R, Larini Sports Exhaust [/size]

Anonymous

I know where the car is at the moment and will try to find out where it is going after the insurnace company are finished doing what they have to do to it, as there are a couple of bits that i would like to keep for myself. I willl keep you posted with how things turn out though. I hope it doesnt take too long thaough becuse i am itching to get back in the saddle!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

northernalex

Quote from: "andy b"I know where the car is at the moment and will try to find out where it is going after the insurnace company are finished doing what they have to do to it, as there are a couple of bits that i would like to keep for myself. I willl keep you posted with how things turn out though. I hope it doesnt take too long thaough becuse i am itching to get back in the saddle!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

If they write it off then get as many bits from it as you humanly can.. radio, spare wheel, bincile, stuff you can get out easily.. when i had a claim a few years ago they actually asked me to come and remove all my personal belongings, so take whatever you can (within legality of course - take the whole car away in bits and then re assemble it?  s:) :) s:)  )
evileye_xc said:

Anonymous

Quote from: "northernalex"
Quote from: "andy b"I know where the car is at the moment and will try to find out where it is going after the insurnace company are finished doing what they have to do to it, as there are a couple of bits that i would like to keep for myself. I willl keep you posted with how things turn out though. I hope it doesnt take too long thaough becuse i am itching to get back in the saddle!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

If they write it off then get as many bits from it as you humanly can.. radio, spare wheel, bincile, stuff you can get out easily.. when i had a claim a few years ago they actually asked me to come and remove all my personal belongings, so take whatever you can (within legality of course - take the whole car away in bits and then re assemble it?  s:) :) s:)  )

I know where the spare wheel is, thats in a field where i crashed it, it must have flew out! I have got the passenger side rear number plate surround as a momento!

Tags: